Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello
I’ve just checked and I can be approved with boots.
How easy is it to do the injections?x
Super easy , I do them in my tummy as have most fat there lol . So I hold a chubby bit and inject in that way , you don’t even feel a prick into the skin that way . But everyone is different x

Reactions: 2
Super easy , I do them in my tummy as have most fat there lol . So I hold a chubby bit and inject in that way , you don’t even feel a prick into the skin that way . But everyone is different x
Sounds like a good place to me.
Is it also easy to measure how much to inject?
How much have you lost? X

Sounds like a good place to me.
Is it also easy to measure how much to inject?
How much have you lost? X
It’s really easy. You just turn the dial at the end of the pen. It has doses marked on it and clicks around and in to place. Then you put the injection in to a fatty bit of your body (tummy, thighs etc) and press & hold the button at the end. It clicks around as the dose goes in. Then hold in place for 6 seconds and you’re done.

I’m 5 weeks in and 21lbs down.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi ladies. Does anyone have information on best place to get this in Ireland? Can you order form UK and have delivered here or is it hard to get from Irish pharmacies I'd I get a script here? Seems more expensive in Ireland. Really want to give it a go as hoping it could help my tendency to binge.

Hi ladies. Does anyone have information on best place to get this in Ireland? Can you order form UK and have delivered here or is it hard to get from Irish pharmacies I'd I get a script here? Seems more expensive in Ireland. Really want to give it a go as hoping it could help my tendency to binge.
There was someone from Ireland who ordered, might be worth having a read through the previous thread as I think it might be there, if not I’d have a look on the Facebook group 😊

Reactions: 1
There was someone from Ireland who ordered, might be worth having a read through the previous thread as I think it might be there, if not I’d have a look on the Facebook group 😊
Thanks a mil. Bit mortified about even raising it with my gp but I've read a lot about it recently. My habits have gone down the drain since working at home full time following the pandemic and honestly just feel like I need some help at the moment.

Thanks a mil. Bit mortified about even raising it with my gp but I've read a lot about it recently. My habits have gone down the drain since working at home full time following the pandemic and honestly just feel like I need some help at the moment.
Yeah and there’s nothing wrong with that, I’m the same 2 plus years working from home have just meant a lot less movement! This has been the only that’s worked for me this whole time, so glad I’ve found it!

I am looking to restart.
I had terrible vomiting and sulphur burps even on 1.2mg dose.
Has anyone had the same? Did anything help? Is it just a phase that I need to push through? Thanks!

Hi all,

In the process of starting this and wondering how long it took you to get approved by Boots online? Applied at 10pm last night but nothing yet.

Also wondering if anyones willing to share their start weight and their 3 month loss? Looking to get an idea of real successes.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 2
I am looking to restart.
I had terrible vomiting and sulphur burps even on 1.2mg dose.
Has anyone had the same? Did anything help? Is it just a phase that I need to push through? Thanks!
0.6mg to 1.2mg made me vomit (with no nausea, just vomiting out of nowhere) so I went back to 0.6 and just added a few clicks every day until I was back to 1.2mg. Then I did 1.2mg + 5 clicks for a few days until I was at 1.8mg. I’ve stuck at 1.8 for now as that’s what’s working. I’ve never had the sulphur burps but get nausea some days so I keep some sugar free polos in my bag and just have one of them. Seems to ease it for a while.

To those worrying about asking your doctor or getting a prescription online don’t feel embarrassed. You wouldn’t think twice about asking for help with anything else. WFH through the pandemic and beyond, the massive change in lifestyle we all had forced upon us and then the return to normal has had such an impact on so many peoples relationships with food. There is no shame in asking for support with that. It’s a medication, it works. If it kickstarts you to having a healthy relationship with food then it’s totally worth it.

• Heart
I signed up with boots this morning and was approved tonight and collecting tomorrow. Looking forward to results. I lost ) drive in 6 months on a vlcd plan in 2014. Gained a couple of stone over a few years then in lockdowns put on 2 more . I need to lose 4 stone so hopefully this will help.

• Heart
I’ve seen on the fb group people say that the feeling full side effect is a temporary ‘bonus’ side effect and that it will pass but if that’s the case then ultimately how does the drug work for weight loss? I assumed it was the fact it makes you less hungry so you don’t eat as much?

I’ve seen on the fb group people say that the feeling full side effect is a temporary ‘bonus’ side effect and that it will pass but if that’s the case then ultimately how does the drug work for weight loss? I assumed it was the fact it makes you less hungry so you don’t eat as much?
You feel fuller quicker , you still have to eat to keep your metabolism going and obviously your health . Your body needs fuel to survive but this cuts calories in half that you can eat and works as an appetite suppressant so if you are a snacker like me , it stops those lil cravings you get between meals . So you are in a calorie deficit

It adjusts your leptin resistance and metabolism, it’s why it’s good to try and get to full dose if you can to get the most from it 😊

Reactions: 3
why weigh Ireland Dr Michael crotty will perscribe after a phone consultation. He is E200 and then E143 pm per month. TBH its working for me. my perscription is 1ml per week but I'm not at full tilt yet on Ozempic so titrating upwards. Symptons were too bad. Down nearly 2 stone since mid may. Another stone and I'm happy. It is expensive but its an investment in myself. Great not to feel so crap about myself and meno weight gain or spend money on quick fixes or diet clubs that don't work. I know I'm probably on this even to maintain but can live with that too. What dose is maintenance?

Two of my friends are on it and just went to their doc and told them they were constantly hungry so the doc weighed them and did bloods and they were approved once the bloods came back clear. You can claim your med 1 back straight away for it aswell. You just upload the pharmacy docket they give with it on to revenue. Best of luck :)

Thanks for the info ladies. Iv been approved and collecting from pharmacy tomorrow. I dont think I'll start until Sunday as have an event to go to at the weekend and concerned about side effects. Iv big work meeting early next week also so wondering should I have until after that...worried about getting an upset tummy etc. Have you all had any bad side effects or how did you find starting. It is absolutely expensive but tbh my weight is really getting to me at this point that I think it's worth the investment even if its just until Christmas. Thanks for all the info.

Thanks for the info ladies. Iv been approved and collecting from pharmacy tomorrow. I dont think I'll start until Sunday as have an event to go to at the weekend and concerned about side effects. Iv big work meeting early next week also so wondering should I have until after that...worried about getting an upset tummy etc. Have you all had any bad side effects or how did you find starting. It is absolutely expensive but tbh my weight is really getting to me at this point that I think it's worth the investment even if its just until Christmas. Thanks for all the info.
I got my nausea on day 3 when I started and then the next time I was sick was day 3 of my increased dose. Haven’t had any nausea or vomiting since. Everyone is different obviously but that was my experience

I’ve had zero side effects other than a little heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.