Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all. Just picked up my pens and going to start today! Can anyone advise as I’m going on holiday on Tuesday, I’ve read you can take the pens in your cabin luggage. I was wondering if anyone has done so and any tips? Thanks

Hey all. Just picked up my pens and going to start today! Can anyone advise as I’m going on holiday on Tuesday, I’ve read you can take the pens in your cabin luggage. I was wondering if anyone has done so and any tips? Thanks
Pens always go in hand luggage as they might freeze in the hold. Pop in a clear bag for security. Needles in the hold if possible.

I personally put my pens in the mini fridge when I got to the hotel but only because it was like 38 degrees in the day! Otherwise I would have left out of fridge no probs.

Pens always go in hand luggage as they might freeze in the hold. Pop in a clear bag for security. Needles in the hold if possible.

I personally put my pens in the mini fridge when I got to the hotel but only because it was like 38 degrees in the day! Otherwise I would have left out of fridge no probs.
Thank you so much!

I managed to collect them from boots today! I called yesterday and they said they had just got the stock in, so went this morning and they said I’d already picked them up! I obviously hadn’t. They sorted it in the end but the whole process with boots was annoying, worth it for the 20% off though. I’ve been on 0.6 for weeks and not really losing anything so now I’ve got a new stock of pens will up the dose. Hoping to lose another 2 stone, I’m 5 stone down from my heaviest so feel like I’ve lost a lot of the motivation 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Went up to 1.2 today and I’ve done nothing but vomit and sleep I feel horrendous and starting to think is it really worth it. I haven’t managed to drink or eat a thing and I still feel like I need to be sick 🤢 will it pass or should I keep to 0.6

Went up to 1.2 today and I’ve done nothing but vomit and sleep I feel horrendous and starting to think is it really worth it. I haven’t managed to drink or eat a thing and I still feel like I need to be sick 🤢 will it pass or should I keep to 0.6
I found eating helped my nausea but I wasn't sure if the sickness was from being hungry or the jab tbh. The tiredness us something else though, feel like I could sleep for hours in an afternoon.

Reactions: 1
Will get my pen tomorrow but Im very scared of the side effects!
Do any of you also workout as well?

Just my pen! So excited! Really want to use it but think ill wait till tomorrow mornig

Reactions: 3
Hey, I take metformin but I was off it for a while as my new GP practise weren’t keen on giving it for anything other than diabetes. Found I gained more weight than expected being off it.
I was referred to an endocrinologist when I had concerns about my weight gain 3/4 years ago and seen them but all they said was you have pcos, to lose weight and come back when I want to get pregnant. Now they won’t see me until I lose weight. That’s when I went private this year and they also just said ‘lose weight’ It was such a waste of money. Neither would even tell me what type of pcos I had, or anything about it so just trying to educate myself x
Just catching up on this thread so it might've been mentioned (I'll edit my post if it does!) but have you looked into Myo-Inositol? It's meant to be good for insulin resistance and PCOS, as well as general fertility and IVF. I'm not formally diagnosed with PCOS but have my suspicions and a lot of the symptoms but inositol is noticeably helping with regulating my periods and also sugar cravings

Hi guys, I had an unexpected windfall last month and have been debating what to do with it.

I decided I would love to go on the holiday of a lifetime, somewhere I've never been before, something amazing to look forward to. I'm looking at June next year, and I would love to go on that holiday being fit and healthy, instead of being fat and unhealthy. Size 18 - 20 but sshh don't tell anyone.

I googled gastric bands/sleeves/bypass surgery and the side effects horrified me. I also can't contemplate anything that involves inpatient surgery - childcare and work would be affected, and the less people know, the better. The price also horrified me - but Saxenda, although pricey, isn't over the top and I can justify it - I think. My husband wouldn't approve, but this is MY money and MY body.

Would I better saving my money and trying to eat less and move more? Or does Saxenda actually work?

Any advice/comments welcome.
A year is a long time to make a difference! I don't take Saxenda, nor will I but I am interested in it and have done a lot of research on it (I work in a pharmaceuticals-adjacent job and tbh just like to research for fun, geek - i know!)

Ultimately, the only form of fat loss worth doing is something that is sustainable and that you can keep up after you've lost the desired amount.

Healthy, sustainable weight loss should be roughly 1 - 2 pounds a week. 43 weeks until June 2023 so that's 43 - 86 lbs (roughly 3 - 6 stone) in under a year!

I'm larger than yourself but have been calorie/macro counting and walking / working out more and have lost around 2 stone since march. It's coming off slowly but I feel healthier than I ever have, and it's just going to keep getting better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hi all, I’ve been on saxenda since March and got two stone weight loss today! Slower than some but I’m so happy. It’s been the most consistent thing for me, I’ve got 7 pens left and I think I’ll stop after then just because of costs but loved it! Would really recommend

• Heart
Hi all, I’ve been on saxenda since March and got two stone weight loss today! Slower than some but I’m so happy. It’s been the most consistent thing for me, I’ve got 7 pens left and I think I’ll stop after then just because of costs but loved it! Would really recommend
Have you looked at why you gained the weigh to begin with and started to make adjustments so that you can continue your progress without Saxenda

Just got back from a week all-inclusive and I chose to still take my Saxenda while away. Still gained 6lbs 🤣🤣 Imagine if I'd not been restricted by Sax.

I shouldn't laugh because this is disordered eating at its finest but lol.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone find that sometimes when you pull the needle out of you that a pearl of the liquid appears at the needle? I do the injection, hold for 6 secs and then I hold for another 6 just to be safe and it still happens. I’m so worried about wasting it as it’s so expensive I usually just keep stabbing the needle back into my stomach until no liquid is on the needle anymore 🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.