Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So does any one stay on a lower dose ? I’ve been at 1.8 for ages. Every time I go up to 2.4 (and have tried to do it slowly by clicks too) I am so so sick.

Also wish I hadn’t joined a FB Saxenda group. It’s just posts about people losing 8lb first week, followed by 5, etc. I’m losing a steady 2lb a week so very happy with that, but have to admit I’m a bit jealous 😬 any loss is amazing for me but I’m just like, HOW !?

Reactions: 2
So does any one stay on a lower dose ? I’ve been at 1.8 for ages. Every time I go up to 2.4 (and have tried to do it slowly by clicks too) I am so so sick.

Also wish I hadn’t joined a FB Saxenda group. It’s just posts about people losing 8lb first week, followed by 5, etc. I’m losing a steady 2lb a week so very happy with that, but have to admit I’m a bit jealous 😬 any loss is amazing for me but I’m just like, HOW !?
They might have a higher starting weight?

Reactions: 1
@noseyhunx don't worry, these huge losses don't happen for me either and I am very overweight. What you are doing is clearly working, 2lbs a week is an excellent and sustainable loss and you aren't having to up your doses which means it's cheaper! I hope to be like you :)

• Heart
Where does everyone inject and is there any benefit over one area or another?

I’m glad I checked here to see if there was a thread as I don’t feel comfortable posting to the fb group as it’s public. Don’t really want my friends and family reading things I’d ask on there.

Where does everyone inject and is there any benefit over one area or another?

I’m glad I checked here to see if there was a thread as I don’t feel comfortable posting to the fb group as it’s public. Don’t really want my friends and family reading things I’d ask on there.
It’s a private group so they would only see if they are also in the group don’t worry

Im waiting on my first pen to get here, super excited! Also went to the GP to get an health evaluation because I already struggle with some heartburn and bowel problems so when that is all cleared I can start!

@Lalalalaaaaaa85 I inject in my abdomen because it's the easiest place for me and I've got plenty of space to inject there 😆

@Felix08 I've just had my second pen delivered and start it this week. I have always had heartburn issues and take Nexium regularly even though you're not supposed to 😬 I will say that not even Nexium helps much with the heartburn on this medicine so if you are prone to it make sure you have plenty of the Gaviscon double action tablets to hand as they are really good for easing it! Good luck! x

Reactions: 3
@Lalalalaaaaaa85 I inject in my abdomen because it's the easiest place for me and I've got plenty of space to inject there 😆

@Felix08 I've just had my second pen delivered and start it this week. I have always had heartburn issues and take Nexium regularly even though you're not supposed to 😬 I will say that not even Nexium helps much with the heartburn on this medicine so if you are prone to it make sure you have plenty of the Gaviscon double action tablets to hand as they are really good for easing it! Good luck! x
Thank you! Will get those, im so excited

What causes the heartburn? Is it just a side effect of the medication?
It's listed as a side effect online but my theory is that the delayed emptying of the stomach can cause the acid to build up or make it worse. As I'm prone to it anyway and it's triggered by various foods it doesn't surprise me I've got it but it won't happen to everyone. I'm only on 1.2 at the moment, I haven't upped the dosage because I am losing around 2lbs a week according to my weight tracking app and that's a good loss.

So was my first week weigh in today and really pleased I’ve lost 6lb. I moved up to 1.2 today but I’ve actually been really hungry today which is frustrating!! I thought the jump up would have made me very full and maybe even sicky like I was early last week when I first started on 0.6.

Anyone else experienced this? I’m really hoping it starts working it’s magic again as my snack cupboard is calling me!

Reactions: 3
6.5lb in week one. Pleased with that.

Moved up to 0.6 + 5 clicks yesterday as 0.6 was mostly working just getting slightly hungry before it was due. Violently sick out of nowhere about an hour after my jab this morning, didn’t even get a warning and didn’t feel sick before. Hoping it’s a coincidence.

So was my first week weigh in today and really pleased I’ve lost 6lb. I moved up to 1.2 today but I’ve actually been really hungry today which is frustrating!! I thought the jump up would have made me very full and maybe even sicky like I was early last week when I first started on 0.6.

Anyone else experienced this? I’m really hoping it starts working it’s magic again as my snack cupboard is calling me!
Ive had a day or 2 like that too. I’ve gone up to 1.8 today because of it and it’s start of week 3 for me, hoping this one works and I can stay on this dose so the pens last a bit longer 🤦🏽‍♀️ It’s worked for me today, and I even forgot to have my afternoon snack (I’m following a nutrition plan that’s been done for me) but by tea time my body was telling me i needed something though. Made my tea and couldn’t manage all of it so hoping this feeling continues 🤞

Has anyone ordered with boots, if so how long from it being agreed to it arriving in store? I ordered Friday and it was approved within a couple of hours, it said to contact the chemist if I didn’t hear anything within 24 hours so I called them yesterday and they said it hasn’t arrived yet and they’d contact me when it has. I messaged the boots doctor online thing and just said can they please tell me when it should arrive as my current pen runs out on two days and they said I need to contact the pharmacy. Whenever I’ve ordered from chemist 4u I get it delivered to my house in 2 days so I didn’t think there would be such a delay. I ordered to the large 7 day a week chemist so I thought it would be ready by yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️

Just wanted to add an update to my comment yesterday about being hungry. I’m so full today 😂 only just managing to have a little something to eat. So if anyone does have hungry days don’t panic, it comes in waves

Reactions: 4
Has anyone ordered with boots, if so how long from it being agreed to it arriving in store? I ordered Friday and it was approved within a couple of hours, it said to contact the chemist if I didn’t hear anything within 24 hours so I called them yesterday and they said it hasn’t arrived yet and they’d contact me when it has. I messaged the boots doctor online thing and just said can they please tell me when it should arrive as my current pen runs out on two days and they said I need to contact the pharmacy. Whenever I’ve ordered from chemist 4u I get it delivered to my house in 2 days so I didn’t think there would be such a delay. I ordered to the large 7 day a week chemist so I thought it would be ready by yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️
i put my first order with them and was able to pick up the the next day!

Call again and make sure they understand its an online doctor order :) they are on two different systems and they automatically only just check the NHS system. I had the same problem with them!

Good luck :)

My boots order was to a tiny local boots attached to the GP surgery. Mine was also approved on a Friday and it was in store by Tuesday but I had to go in to check. I never got a text to say it was there or anything. It’s worth popping in to ask if it’s close enough.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.