Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rabbit!69

VIP Member
How’s everyone getting on?

I went shopping yesterday as I had nothing left that fits and was starting to look like a scruff in my baggy clothes. Everything I bought was a comfortable fitting 16 - down from a tight fitting 22 in July. 12/14 is my ‘happy place’ as I end up looking ill if I go any smaller and it starts to impact my long term health condition. It feels like it’s in touching distance now.
Fantastic, bet this felt amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 3

indeedjoy

I'm getting inpatient as maxing out at 1lb a week loss. A loss is a loss but I find it hard to keep motivated knowing it's a lot slower than I think I deserve.

Gonna keep at it though as without Sax I'd probably be gaining!
1lb a week is sustainable so this is a good thing!!

Mermer89

Lost 18lb since the beginning of December! Can only do 0.6 and couple of clicks or I feel rubbish and appetite increases. Still have about 3.5 stone to lose but starting to think about needing to stay on it and the costs!

Clarity456

VIP Member
Well my first day on Ozempic and bar a slightly weird chemical taste in my mouth zero side effects 🤯🤯🤯🤯 I'm shocked cos my first week on Saxenda I was sick as a dog

Clarity456

VIP Member
my other half is the same! went in a mood when i said i was doing this as it’s ‘dangerous’.
---

Oh no! i started on 16th Jan, but had that dreaded cough and chest infection that was going around so I stopped after a week to get myself better as was going away too, so starting back on it today.

Lost 6.5lbs the first week but put 5 of that back on in the week I was off it 🤦🏽‍♀️ x
Pisses me off this, like it's not dangerous to be overweight/obese.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Hello All

I'm new to this thread and have spent a few days reading all the posts

I finally decided to order from online pharmacy but it was Friday afternoon before bank hol weekend so no news is expected until Tuesday or Wednesday

I have been following SW since March and at first did good but it's so darn hard now. I'm over 40! Previously on antidepressants which seem to see me gain 3 stone ! Off them now and since hitting 40 can't shift a lb without wiring jaw shut!

Managed to loose 1.5 stone since March but I think constantly about food and even after I have eaten I'm hungry like an hour later and its all the time

So I'm awaiting my first order of 2 pens and will commence , fingers crossed no issue

I'm 5ft 9in and have around 2 stone more to loose

I won't be telling SW I am on it as I will still be following their WOE
I think you’ll find Saxenda a massive help with thinking about food constantly, I was like that and now I finally feel free! I’m not constantly thinking of when my next meal or snack is coming. It’s liberating.

Good luck

muffintop13

Chatty Member
@Lalalalaaaaaa85 I inject in my abdomen because it's the easiest place for me and I've got plenty of space to inject there 😆

@Felix08 I've just had my second pen delivered and start it this week. I have always had heartburn issues and take Nexium regularly even though you're not supposed to 😬 I will say that not even Nexium helps much with the heartburn on this medicine so if you are prone to it make sure you have plenty of the Gaviscon double action tablets to hand as they are really good for easing it! Good luck! x

ermwhaaaat

He doesn't really agree with quick fixes thinks you should be able to do it with diet and exercise (if only 🙄) I'm thinking his attitude to this pen won't be great so cannot be bothered even going there tbh. I'm on day four feeling good it has really helped with my sugar cravings,. I was always having to have a milky coffee and a Lindt chocolate or even a fairy cake 🎂 first thing in the morning, I didn't need it today 😊 so it has definitely helped with the sugar cravings I am definitely hooked on sugar ☹ I have been trying to lose weight for the last couple of years and I have from eating reduced calories, but was not very healthy food. Hopefully this will help sorry for the ramble and bad grammar I am on the bus going to work 🥰
my other half is the same! went in a mood when i said i was doing this as it’s ‘dangerous’.
---

Day 3 and oh my god I am so ill. It would be my luck to start saxenda and end up with a full raging chest infectin. Been up all night vomiting, doctor has given me antibiotics but think I actually need to go to a&e. Plus side I've lost 4.1lb 🤦🏻‍♀️ x
Oh no! i started on 16th Jan, but had that dreaded cough and chest infection that was going around so I stopped after a week to get myself better as was going away too, so starting back on it today.

Lost 6.5lbs the first week but put 5 of that back on in the week I was off it 🤦🏽‍♀️ x

• Heart
I’d be wary of doing 2 so close together as you’re only giving yourself 12 hours between doses. Could you do todays earlier at say 4pm ish and then the morning one at 7-8 just to give yourself a more even gap between the 3 doses (yesterday, today and tomorrow)?
this sounds like a better idea, I work shifts so don;t want to muck it up and thought the night munchies would be less in the evening too.

I've been feeling ok so far except a bit dizzy when I don't eat and a mild weird taste in my mouth.

Have lost 9LBs since last Monday doing slimming world and saxenda (done 4 injections so far)

becky2817

Mine arrived
Starting tomorrow morning
I drank and always usually do drink lots of water. I ate some grapes just b4 i injected in morning as didnt want to feel sicky and i had zero side effects on day one. Obviously know this can change!

purpleaubergine

Chatty Member
Here we go gang literally just got my pens watched the YouTube video to set it up and did my first 0.6 dose … let’s see how the week goes 👌🏻👌🏻 How quickly if any did you guys notice hunger feelings and appetite slowing down ?

I_mean_reaaaalllly

Week 1 done for me and 5lbs down.
Had absolutely HORRIFIC nausea and vomiting after my 3rd jab so I reduced to 0.3. Appetite seems ok, no huge reduction but I’m more aware of my hunger vs eating for the sake of it.
Going to go back up to 0.6 tomorrow night. I’ve intentionally held off upping again until the weekend as I’m worried about the vomiting again and I’ve had a very busy week work wise!

Ellamay87

VIP Member
You’re supposed to start back at 0.6. I’d probably be tempted to start at 0.6 but add a few extra clicks a day so you get to 1.2 quicker. Your body will used to it so hopefully the side effects won’t be too bad.
Thank you. Will keep you posted. I'm hoping it works for me anyway this time.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I took December off because I’m really not going to be able to afford Saxenda much longer 😢😢😢 really want Ozempic stocks to pick up.

I’ve got 5 pens and so will start again 1st Jan on lowest dose and see how I get on, hoping to stay on low doses as long as possible to prolong how long these pens last me.

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Has anyone had it prescribed in Scotland? I meet eligibility criteria...well over BMI of 30 plus have a comorbidity but not sure if it's something GP's are prescribing here or if it's referred onto someone else. The information leaflet I read from the Scottish Medicines Consortium just says "if your health professional thinks this is the right medicine for you, you should be able to have the treatment on the NHS". I'm going to phone my GP and get an appointment to speak to the decent one but be good to know the odds of actually getting it! I certainly can't justify the private prices.
Would be interested to hear how you get on. At this point in time I can’t even get past the receptionists to speak to a GP without offering a human sacrifice!

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
So was my first week weigh in today and really pleased I’ve lost 6lb. I moved up to 1.2 today but I’ve actually been really hungry today which is frustrating!! I thought the jump up would have made me very full and maybe even sicky like I was early last week when I first started on 0.6.

Anyone else experienced this? I’m really hoping it starts working it’s magic again as my snack cupboard is calling me!