Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ozempic is a once weekly injection and Saxenda is daily. Ozempic is around £100 cheaper at full doses.

I lost 31 pounds on Saxenda then had a 6 month plateau. I stopped it and started Ozempic. I’ve lost 8 lbs very slowly in 3 months, but the first 2 months are the lower doses. Many people don’t lose anything until the highest dose. I’m positive it will work well. In any case the weekly injections are more convenient.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Dollybird

VIP Member
I could not lose weight for two years after the two stone I gained on anti depressants . Anti depressants have ruined my ability to lose weight , didn’t matter what I did ....I didn’t gain but I didn’t lose .
Saxenda has helped me massively and it’s made me feel so much better and I’ve lost weight . I feel great and it’s helped my confidence . I’ve been on 1.2 for a few weeks and haven’t increased and still losing weight . The money I would have spent on food etc breaks even with what I spend on Saxenda . It’s your body and your choice . But from me the biggest cynic .....it’s worked and been worth it

• Heart

hereforalaugh38

Welcome back. It’s good to hear you didn’t gain when you stopped, even though you didn’t lose either. Did your diet change? Appetite increase?

I’ve got 10 pens left and I know I should stop after that as I have lost a lot now and hurtling towards my target size, but I’m really worried about it. Already contemplating ordering another set of pens just so they’re there. So really interested to hear how your 2 months off it went.
My appetite definitely increased and my diet initially did change because it always does whenever I stop some sort of plan - that’s half the problem! But once i got that out of my system it regulated, I feel like the appetite suppressant is a very small part of having the injections and the other effects is what makes the difference to me and helps me lose weight.

I’m looking forward to starting again at a lower weight and hope it does the job with the last stubborn stone! This time I intend to stay on it until my goal or healthy bmi

purpleaubergine

Chatty Member
Well I can deffo feel the appetite loss today I’ve been up since about 6 and not felt hungry at all worked 10-7 had a apple and banana just to make sure something was going in and now my belly is going abit nuts… hopefully see a loss soon

End of my 1st week! I've not noticed I'm eating less and I've only had the last 2 days of feeling something similar to morning sickness but nothing unbearable. But I'm 4lb down!
I was thinking to try an stay longer on the lowest dose? Would be grateful for any thoughts xx

Clarity456

VIP Member
Has anyone either reached their goal or come off Saxenda by choice and can share how they went about it and whether they managed to maintain or whether they gained weight/how much etc? Did you just stop or did you reduce the dose? Did you have any side effects? I am so close and planning how to do it but I’m really nervous about it so hoping to hear others experiences.
I'm not there yet but I'm part of a Saxenda group on FB and they said after you're at goal weight you should stay on a maintenance dose of maybe 0.3 every few days for a couple of years after you reach your goal, ill try and find the post.

I came off it temporarily to go on holiday recently and had no side effects!!

• Heart

Rabbit!69

VIP Member
my-bmi.co.uk with discount code Starter30 which got it down to about 130 pounds.

I decided against Saxenda as I will probably forget to inject daily and Ozempic is a weekly injection. I started this week and have seen an immediate reduction in my appetite, which is a first for me.

Side effects so far are feeling naueous, similiar to very early morning sickness, and constipation but not terrible.

Too early to tell how much I've lost, I'll weigh-in weekly to track my progress.
Thanks, I have a pen on order but will keep this in mind for my next one

littlemissgiggles

I will be a week tomorrow so side effects are still fresh in my head. I had bad tiredness and horrible nausea on first 2 days, I was thinking thank god I’m not in work. Since then I get some nausea once a day but it doesn’t last too long at all - I drink a bottle of water when I get sicky not sure if that’s what helps or not. So yeah first 2 days I was a bit worried too but been fine since!
This is a huge help - thank you 😊

• Heart

Kaycee

well, today has been a lot different for me. No negative side effects (thank goodness), but I am so full from the smallest amounts of food....I hope this is the saxenda beginning to take effect. fingers crossed anyway!

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
I'm going up to 1.8 tomorrow, wish me luck. Only 2lbs off so far but I haven't been trying tbh and I think I need to look at lighter meals because I'm uncomfortably full most nights now. I was a bit if a binge eater before and I just can't now. It's definitely making a difference.

Good luck those starting this week

Thanks for the quick replies. I just don't want to go on another family holiday looking like a beached whale. I've read all your success stories and hope mine can be as successful.

• Heart

Dollybird

VIP Member
So glad found this thread . Have been on
Yeah two weeks and haven’t weighed yet (wanna do a month first) but feel great . No hunger at all or side effects . Am on 1.2

Sienna1

Just a heads up to anyone if they need to order, I know it’s not as cheap as boots or Asda but I ordered from Chemist4u yesterday and my pens arrived today so just under 24 hours! I used boots with the discount before but it took days for them to agree the order and then a further 4 days for them to get in store and then there was a mix up where they said I’d already collected them! Much prefer just getting them delivered it’s always been really quick with Chemist4u and they send loads of needles if you like to stick to a lower dose.

I’ve been back on sax since June and barely lost anything (at least I’ve not gained)! It’s my fault as my head wasn’t really in it and I stayed on a low dose which didn’t work for me like it did the first time. Finally upped to 1.8 on Monday and feeling the change again so hopefully I can stay on this dose for a while. I’m 5 stone lighter than I was a couple of years ago and I’ve lost 3 stone on sax in the last year. Lost just over 2 stone when I first started it and then 10lb back in June/july when I restarted. Really need to shift at least another 2 stone but it’s so slow even on sax for me. I’d love to lose 3 more stone to get back to what I was at my happy weight (10 stone) but I just don’t know if it’s realistic anymore and I think loose skin would be an issue. I never regained any weight when I came off even for months so I have good faith I won’t regain this weight.

the only things I don’t like about saxenda is the heartburn and not being able to use the toilet regularly, has anyone found a solution for this that’s not laxatives?