Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Drink lots of water. Have a glass as soon as you get up and carry on all day. Make sure you’re getting at least 2 litres. Last time I made an effort with getting my water in, I lost 5lbs that week!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

thegirlscout

VIP Member
This is super weird. I’ve been taking the injections since Tuesday and that day I weighed myself in the morning before food. I’ve not experienced any side effects (so far) and was feeling a bit down. Got on the scales and I’ve lost 6lbs?! Does this burn fat or anything because even though I’m having smaller meals and gone for 2 short walks I don’t get how I’ve lost so much in such a short time!

I_mean_reaaaalllly

Hi all.
Picked up my pens today ready to start tonight.
I’m a little nervous as I’ve read about the side effects but I guess I’ll never know til I start!
My question is, is the the weight loss slower if you have less to lose?! I would ideally like to lose around 2 stone and and was hoping it would be a steady drop. I can see some have lost +++ in the first weeks and others a little bit slower.
Are there any tips / advice / avoids that people are happy to share?
Thanks so much!

I_mean_reaaaalllly

Are you still on 0.6? For sickness I would recommend peppermint tea or ginger shots . Or anything with ginger in . Stay on a lower dose as long as poss , I went up as per advised and was too much for me so I cruised on lower dose long as poss
Still on 0.6. I’ve read on the UK support group on Facebook that injection site can alffect symptoms. I injected in my thigh on Wednesday and tummy Thursday and Friday, wondering if there’s a link?
I’ve seen you can lower the dose too, 3 clicks for a 0.3 dose. I’m tempted to try this as I was so unwell with 0.6.

• Heart
let us know how you get on with it. I am still losing on sax but have tried to go up to 3mg twice now and each time had absolutely horrendous vomiting and indigestion. At first I found it made me really full quickly now I seem to be able to eat but then get suddenly over full and struggle to digest anything. Probably my greedy nature taking over and trying to eat more than I can handle. Last night was awful I must have been sick nearly 10 times.
If you’re losing at the lower dose, don’t bother going up. It’ll be cheaper too.

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
How’s everyone getting on?

I went shopping yesterday as I had nothing left that fits and was starting to look like a scruff in my baggy clothes. Everything I bought was a comfortable fitting 16 - down from a tight fitting 22 in July. 12/14 is my ‘happy place’ as I end up looking ill if I go any smaller and it starts to impact my long term health condition. It feels like it’s in touching distance now.
That must be such an amazing feeling! Well done x

• Heart
I’ve lost a stone on Ozempic since August. It’s very slow and very up and down with a general downward trend. I don’t do anything like counting calories though. I just eat less because I don’t fancy eating as much.

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I’ve just started saxenda, tomorrow will be first week done.

I’m more concerned my lack of eating is just mental like I know I’m on these expensive jabs therefore loss of appetite is just that rather than anything from the pen itself.

Does anyone feel like this?

I’ve tried all these liquid/meal replacements in past which never worked. I’m lazy/super scared to go to gym in the but I do a bit of walk. Insulin resistance/pcos and 5 foot short so I’m proper massive like a whale.

oksobasically

I increased my dose to 1.8 this morning, very little weight loss so far (basically none on 0.6, 2lb on 1.2) but the sick feeling has been so intense today that the idea of ever eating again sounds horrific 😂 hopefully that feeling settles soon enough and I can see some movement on the scales to justify accepting that I’m making this happen!

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Just a heads up to anyone if they need to order, I know it’s not as cheap as boots or Asda but I ordered from Chemist4u yesterday and my pens arrived today so just under 24 hours! I used boots with the discount before but it took days for them to agree the order and then a further 4 days for them to get in store and then there was a mix up where they said I’d already collected them! Much prefer just getting them delivered it’s always been really quick with Chemist4u and they send loads of needles if you like to stick to a lower dose.

I’ve been back on sax since June and barely lost anything (at least I’ve not gained)! It’s my fault as my head wasn’t really in it and I stayed on a low dose which didn’t work for me like it did the first time. Finally upped to 1.8 on Monday and feeling the change again so hopefully I can stay on this dose for a while. I’m 5 stone lighter than I was a couple of years ago and I’ve lost 3 stone on sax in the last year. Lost just over 2 stone when I first started it and then 10lb back in June/july when I restarted. Really need to shift at least another 2 stone but it’s so slow even on sax for me. I’d love to lose 3 more stone to get back to what I was at my happy weight (10 stone) but I just don’t know if it’s realistic anymore and I think loose skin would be an issue. I never regained any weight when I came off even for months so I have good faith I won’t regain this weight.

the only things I don’t like about saxenda is the heartburn and not being able to use the toilet regularly, has anyone found a solution for this that’s not laxatives?
Dried apple slices from Tesco, soak a handful in boiling water for 19 minutes. Magical and natural remedy to keep you regular x

Kaycee

I just got approved. Need to wait for Boots to text me to collect it, so not sure how long that will take. So nervous!! I hope it works for me, and I hope I get some good results. It will be life changing.

SingingMonkeyTunes

Hi all, I’m 99% sure I’m going to try this, but I’m just tying to get my head around it. So if I buy one pen, it says it will last me 17 days. Does that mean I’ll be buying a new pen every 17 days? And do you buy a different pen each time depending on what dose you need? As I know you gradually go up in doses. Would you recommend I spoke with a pharmacist before ordering online? Many thanks in advance!
Your first pen will last 17 days if you follow the recommended dosage plan, which is 7 days on 0.6, 7 days on 1.2, 7 days on 1.8, 7 days on 2.4 and then 3.0 from there on.

If you follow the dosage plan, your first pen last 17 days, second pen lasts 7 days and then each pen after that last 6 days.

You buy new pens as and when you need them to make sure you have enough for everyday without breaks.

caremum

VIP Member
I stopped and started alot over christmas as supply is a big issue with Ozempic. Started back on .5 this morning by clicking up and will work myself back up to 1.00. I was delighted as I haven't put on weight on and have retained control of my food. I have made it to 150 lbs. Nearly 30% weight loss from start; very slow and steady.

Funny thing is I am gone of alcohol at all. Reading now that Ozempic is a potential cure to alcoholism. (I wasn't but did enjoy a tipple or two). The husband is also saying that my body has really firmed up. The kangaroo belly pouch syndrome is very real though. And I went for a mammogram last week which was a very sad and sorry state of affairs with saggy boobs.

• Heart

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Well first week is done. At the start I really felt a reduction in appetite but then I had a migraine which lasted 2 days, and now I feel no different to before. Oh and I've lost 1lb 😐

Tomorrow I start on the upped dose of 1.2, anyone wanna share how they felt after the first increase?
I was fine going to 1.2 but have felt like death since upping to 1.8!

• Sad

Dollybird

VIP Member
Here we go gang literally just got my pens watched the YouTube video to set it up and did my first 0.6 dose … let’s see how the week goes 👌🏻👌🏻 How quickly if any did you guys notice hunger feelings and appetite slowing down ?
Curbed by appetite by next day dramatically. I take mine in evening around 7pm and next morning I had no appetite or side effects , thought it could be placebo and wishful thinking but it hasn’t come back at all . I’ve just gone up to 1.8 now and done it super slowly