Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

1ranksenior

I’m on week 5 and today went up to 3 and had to leave work by 10am as the nausea turned to vomiting and have got the most god awful sulfur indigestion. Not eaten a thing because I feel hideous. Tomorrow back to 2.4!

Reactions: 3

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
4lbs down this week. Went up to 3mg over the weekend and had no horrible side effects so far. I was dreading it after the step to 2.4mg was so awful but this has been fine.

36lb down in 12 weeks now 😊
Amazing! Well done. That’s a superb loss.

I need to up my dose to 2.4 but am putting it off as life is too busy to be sick. 😫

caremum

VIP Member
5 weeks in and 13 lbs down on Oz. Tg. Another 4 lbs and I'll be out of the obese range - hurray. However the overall target is another 20 lbs. Still won't be skinny skinny but its a nice weight for me and one I feel I look good at. In my 50s and weight gain in last 5 years was terrible. This is the first thing that has given me consistent weight loss in years.

I inject on thursday. Usually rough weekends which are dangerous for me. Taste buds changed so much too. Can't stomach alcohol at all. Don't get the dopamine affect from nice sweet. Felt awful weekend gone by had my first sulphur burbs. Felt so ill but didn't vom and so tired but couldnt sleep

• Heart
My dr said in February 2023 some time but that’s only via a Dr or Consultant.
---

Is Wegovy meant to be better than Sax and Oz?
Apparently it works better than Ozempic as it is a higher dose.

My experience is that Saxenda worked fantastically but then I had a long stall. Ozempic took 3 months to start working but now the weight is slowly dropping. I’m 18lbs down since starting Ozempic. I’d lost 32 lbs on Saxenda but put more than a stone rapidly back on in my short break off Saxenda.

I’m currently just over 2 stones lighter than my heaviest when I started.

coleywoley

Yeh, it def works twice but I tried it a third time and it initially went through then they contacted me to say it wasn’t valid and I’d have to pay the difference or cancel the order.

I saw on one of the online pharmacies that it was coming early this year but no date. We are right in the middle of early this year currently, so I’m expecting it very soon.

Felix08

Chatty Member
I really want to try this, heard a Dr at hospital talking about it. Is anyone that´s using this just using it for about 10-12KG weight loss?

Reactions: 2

Nose__bag

Hi all, I am in Ireland and don’t know how to go about getting these injections or a tablet preferable for weight loss ( any suggestions welcome) I have asked my gp to prescribe it and she said no :( my bmi is high but she just outright said no and for me to eat more veg. If only it was that simple eh !! Iv asked twice and both times refused rudely so trying to source it elsewhere but don’t know how to go about it. I’m also looking for a price if anybody knows , I just bought a house so funds are low so hoping it’s not mad money !! any advice appreciated please xx

Ollies01

Hello been following this thread with interest. Started yesterday on Saxenda everything went surprisingly well, normally I struggle following instructions when it's something new, only fly in the ointment is I don't want my other half to know he went ballistic when I said I wanted to go to Turkey for Gastric Bypass 😬and could I borrow £4000 so that put the mockers on that. My sister is very kindly going to keep them in her fridge, she is also going to go in them, but not for a couple of week. Good luck to everyone who is on this journey I will let you know how I get on.

• Heart

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Here we go gang literally just got my pens watched the YouTube video to set it up and did my first 0.6 dose … let’s see how the week goes 👌🏻👌🏻 How quickly if any did you guys notice hunger feelings and appetite slowing down ?
I was really sick the first day I started and when that subsided my appetite was gone.

10lbs off in a month. Ive never gone over 1.2 as sometimes feel a bit bleugh on 1.2. Overall happy with that, hope it continues
That’s fantastic - well done!

• Heart

oksobasically

I looked at a gastric balloon probably a year ago but it's so expensive for being a short term solution, like £4k and it is removed after 6 months, and the first 10 days sounded really awful everywhere I was reading because of how bodies respond to having something in the stomach it doesn't think should be there. I imagine it's effective when it's in there though. I also believe the NHS can prescribe it if you meet certain criteria, whereas at least where I am my GP said they couldn't get ozempic or saxenda through them (sax was offered as part of a weight management program connected to the surgery but I wasn't on the course when it became available through them).

I heard ozempic was going to be readily available again from about March from a friend who's lost 5 stone on it, I'm going to see how things continue with saxenda until then and then look to switch (or wegovy if that is available sooner). Saxenda is working well for me even if my loss is slower than most people I read posts from and even if I do get a few side effects, but I really would love the convenience of only having to take it once a week.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’ve been told by the dietetics team that it’s not going to be available on the NHS until Jan/Feb. Is that throughout England and Wales or just my areas?

Nosyparker86

Ive not moved up from 1 keep going between 0.6 and 1 .. still have massively reduced appetite and can’t finish a meal. Still wanting to eat crap now and again but no where near as much … losing lots of inches will weigh in December. Started 5 weeks ago, but only took measurements and weighed on 1st Nov… forgot to take it 2 days (not consecutive) didn’t feel hungry, didn’t realise till later I hadn’t actually injected that morning.

Paige7

VIP Member
I’m on my 4th go with it - I’m having ivf so I stop everytime I start my treatment, it takes a few days to kick in but it does work for me

purpleaubergine

Chatty Member
Amazing reading everyone’s results been looking at this for a while …. Have been doing sw for a year but struggling now to loose and going off track …. Without sounding dumb do you literally just order the pen start off small and then just increase it ? X

Clarity456

VIP Member
Little update - I’ve given up. For whatever reason , it just doesn’t agree with me and I can’t withstand the side effects, I have been so unwell it’s a joke.
I thought I could do it this around knowing what the side effects are like, but I really can’t. It’s been too much.
So pens have been thrown in the bin and it’s back to the drawing board! Gutted but already feel better today by not having todays jab.

I hope you all have loads more success than me - there are so many fantastic success stories with Saxenda, that it most definitely works for a lot of people. x
I promise you if you can battle the first week you'll be great 🙏🙏🙏 Its lucky I work from home as I had to work from bed the first few days xxx

Lala22

Chatty Member
Just placed my first order with boots. How long did it take for others to get approved? Excited and nervous to get started.

Has anyone combined it with any well known diets like keto, slim fast etc?
Mine took two days and they were so snotty! I rang up to say it had been 24 hours since I sent it and the woman was like “well actually it’s only been 22” tbf all the orders I’ve had since then have been super fast!

• Wow

Kaycee

thanks guys. no history of that in my family. I'll wait to see if they even approve me. I'm on antidepressants also, so I'm just hoping that I'm suitable. I have tried everything. Calorie deficit and pretty regular training are just not doing it for me anymore.

caremum

VIP Member
I meant to add I’ve finally broken through my previous lowest weight woo! Half a stone until the next stone bracket and I’m hopeful! We don’t have too many social engagements coming up which makes things easier. All the sickness makes it worth it 😂
Well done.

I'm at my target that I started off at but now wondering do I keep pushing another 7 lbs

• Heart