Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tabitha

VIP Member
Just came back from the US and the number of times I saw the Ozempic advert on tv was mind blowing.
Now I’m back and need to get on track - had success with Saxenda but wondering if I should switch to something better?

Lala22

Chatty Member
well done that’s amazing, good question I’ve seen mixed feedback on the group but I don’t have any real experience myself. Are you able to place an order now while you’re still classed as obese?
I’ve done one this morning for 5 pens but I don’t feel ready to stop yet when they run out in a month! considering not being entirely accurate with my weight for the next order but I know that’s quite frowned upon.

Dollybird

VIP Member
Getting my pen delivered tomorrow. Excited but scared 😱
Don’t be scared , it will be ok . Just grab a bit of chub on belly , at least 2inch from belly button as within 2in is most sensitive area I have heard . Breathe and try to relax . I never thought I could do it and I’m a real wimp with needles , I pass out at blood tests etc 😂

Longtimelurker xoxox

Hi ☺ I’m ridiculously overweight thanks to mental health medication/steroids I also have chrohns disease would this be bad for someone with bowel disease? Thanks in advance! X

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I’ve had a bit of a blip this weekend away for the weekend and eating a bit more crap than usual but ready to get back to plan tomorrow. On 1.8 now and already stressed to make sure I can afford more pens as only one left now

Dollybird

VIP Member
Has anyone plateaus the weight loss on sax? I’m on 2.4 now and plateaud for a while . Tried to increase and felt rubbish . Maybe it’s worked the most it will for me ? I’m a stone and a half down 🤘🏼

caremum

VIP Member
I have just had a major panic. Rang for my perscription and for the first time ever told none in stock. Was a bit peed at pharmacist too as they've had 6 months payment (not on drug relief scheme) and was no help didn't offer any advice on where to source or when they'd have it. Its my first time to run into this issue. Seems to be really short on supply tg got one in next town over - found it on 5th phone call. Didn't even ask price. Talk about having my security blanket taken away - am still shaking. Wondering should I titrate down to make this pen last a bit longer. Just wondering what other Irish users are experiencing.

Whats everyone's recommended time of day? I don't eat a lot in the mornings, evening snacks are my downfall so would I be better taking it later in the day? x

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I’ve been more better with following my TDEE and eating in a deficit and exercising more now. I can’t yet get up past 1.8 without it making me BAD. But I’ve weighed this week and gain 2.5 lbs 😩

Has anyone else had this happen I feel like stalling quicker then I should be.

No binging etc keeping within my carb limit due to pcos.

Or should I just go up to next click lot and deal with the sickness?

Edited to just mention when I say following my tdee I mean eating proper calories and not feeling like I’m starving myself by eating too little calories

Hey. I haven't posted on this thread before but I'm looking to buy the injections January/February time in a hope to shift some weight for a holiday in May. How long is 5 injections likely to last me? Realistically I've about 4-5 stone I'd like to lose. My thyroid is borederline underactive so hope I can get approved. x

theeyeroller

VIP Member
Thanks, I received confirmation Monday so fingers crossed for Friday then. Did the in branch pharmacist say anything when you collected them?

Bugger! Hope SD come through for you. Do you have any idea why Boots declined?
No, I was a bit worried the guy would interrogate me 🤣 but he just asked if this was this a repeat prescription and he told me the pens needed to be refrigerated (the sharps box and needles were in a big brown bag and the pens were just in their box with saxenda clearly on it so if you’re not wanting anyone to see maybe take a big enough handbag or carrier bag to put them in). Good luck!

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Those of you who have travelled while using Saxenda, what do you do with your used needles while away? I don’t really fancy the idea of travelling and trekking around a big city carrying my half full sharps box in my bag for 2 of the days I’m away, but also not sure about carrying used needles around with me. Where do you put them?

SingingMonkeyTunes

Aren't weeks where you don't lose so demoralising 😭 I don't really deserve a loss this week tbh but after years of good/bad disordered food behaviour it's so hard to be resilient.

Paige7

VIP Member
Where does everyone inject and is there any benefit over one area or another?

I’m glad I checked here to see if there was a thread as I don’t feel comfortable posting to the fb group as it’s public. Don’t really want my friends and family reading things I’d ask on there.
It’s a private group so they would only see if they are also in the group don’t worry

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Injecting is fine. Like @Lalalalaaaaaa85 I don’t even feel it 99% of the time. Occasionally it stings a little as the liquid is going in and even more occasionally it feels like a pinch when I’m putting the injection in but I’d say that probably happens on like 1 in 30 jabs 😂 I do have plenty of bruises to prove it’s actually going in though 😁