Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
Advice needed please 🙏🏻

I started on a Friday, so that's the day my dose increases and I've just gone up to 2.4

However, I've noticed that on Sundays I feel really rough with a bad headache and nausea, and by Wednesday I'm fine.

I'm thinking this is directly linked to Saxenda, has anyone else experienced this? How did you manage it? Do I go back to 1.8 or stay on 2.4 but not increase to 3.

Thanks x

rageinducing

Chatty Member
No supply of this and my GP has just moved me up to 1.7mg now but cannot get any in my pharmacies in the Republic of Ireland. Tried Northern Ireland too but there doesn’t seem to be any about. Hope they sort the supply issues out because it’s a game changer

noseyhunx

Has anyone ordered with boots, if so how long from it being agreed to it arriving in store? I ordered Friday and it was approved within a couple of hours, it said to contact the chemist if I didn’t hear anything within 24 hours so I called them yesterday and they said it hasn’t arrived yet and they’d contact me when it has. I messaged the boots doctor online thing and just said can they please tell me when it should arrive as my current pen runs out on two days and they said I need to contact the pharmacy. Whenever I’ve ordered from chemist 4u I get it delivered to my house in 2 days so I didn’t think there would be such a delay. I ordered to the large 7 day a week chemist so I thought it would be ready by yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️
i put my first order with them and was able to pick up the the next day!

Hi everyone, so glad I found this thread it seems like you’re all doing amazing! I’m wanting to start but do the doctors approve if you’re on sertraline? Does other medication affect it? I don’t want to be declined and be more gutted x

Where does everyone get their Ozempic from please? The last place I used is out of stock. I have lost a stone so far and want to carry on but no luck anywhere. Thank you.

Carly29

I am absolutely gutted - has anyone not lost any weight in the first week !?
I’m a week and a half in and have lost nothing 😥 I’m never hungry anymore so rarely eating. I have been sick a few times. I have went from quite sedentary due to health issues to now walking 15k steps a day. Nothing. I have put on 2 pounds since starting. How is this possible 😳

KeepitontheDL

I've just completed my online questions with Boots, so hopefully I can join you all on this journey. A couple of people mentioned cancer risks here? I haven't read about that anywhere, can anyone tell me more?
In addition to the pancreatitis & pancreatic cancer warnings, it affects your hormones so can also lead to thyroid cancer and is not recommended if you have family history of endocrine issues or thyroid cancer

oksobasically

In the past few weeks I'd had some acid reflux and what felt like trapped gas in my stomach - there was one night where it was literally impossible to sleep with it (bad trapped gas in the stomach/intestines can feel like you're having a heart attack google said- mine didn't feel heart attack level, but I was close to an a&e trip) and it made me really sick too, couldn't even keep water down. I didn't put it down to Saxenda at all, just some bug I must have got, but over the xmas break I've been around richer food even when eating less and had some similar discomfort and gassy/bloated feelings, so I ended up stopping injections as a just in case.
All bloated feelings, gassy feelings, general discomfort seemed to be gone within 1-2 days. I'm gutted if this is not just a coincidence and my body is just saying no to it after it had started to work for me! I was at 2.4 when it started, but dropped to 1.2 for the second bout of discomfort. I'll be starting again on 0.6 tomorrow and hopefully have a better time of it.

Hopefully this doesn't worry anyone that's looking into trying Sax - I think the benefits of it are huge and I'm willing to try again to find a balance with side effects if my body will play ball 😊

bluefootedbooby

Halfway through the 1.2 dose and I'm down 5lb! The whole thing does make me quite nauseous and I was already a sicky person, so I'm a little worried about going up to 1.8. I might do a few extra days at 1.2 and tirate up a little slower.

qqwertyy

Has anyone else had really poor sleep since starting? I’m not the best sleeper anyway but since starting 2 weeks ago I’m tossing and turning all night so constantly feeling awful all day. I take it in the morning.
Me but I never know if it’s due to Sax/general sleep issues/time of the month 😩

Iccc9

Hey all. Just picked up my pens and going to start today! Can anyone advise as I’m going on holiday on Tuesday, I’ve read you can take the pens in your cabin luggage. I was wondering if anyone has done so and any tips? Thanks

margaretta

VIP Member
It’s called semaglutide or ozempic and is a weekly jab, not daily. It’s not currently licensed for weightloss in the UK apparently but you can still get it. The link is for a private weight management company but there’s info on semaglutide if you scroll down.

Unfortunately Ozempic is also not recommended for people who have had pancreatitis.

Looks like the only option is Orlistat, which I will never take as the side effects are terrible (also how it works is not great - reacts to the fat).

Nat11

Hi I know this about saxenda however I’m on victoza iv been told it’s the same as saxenda? Except I think you can go abit higher with the dose with saxenda then you can victoza. I started months ago lost around a stone and half. Did work quite well then I feel like it just stopped working and my appetite came back with a vengeance!!

mary11

On day two and the dizziness and tiredness are horrible😭i have been doing it at night and it seems to hit about 3 in the afternoon would doing my injection in the morning instead help?