Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SingingMonkeyTunes

Hey all. Just picked up my pens and going to start today! Can anyone advise as I’m going on holiday on Tuesday, I’ve read you can take the pens in your cabin luggage. I was wondering if anyone has done so and any tips? Thanks
Pens always go in hand luggage as they might freeze in the hold. Pop in a clear bag for security. Needles in the hold if possible.

I personally put my pens in the mini fridge when I got to the hotel but only because it was like 38 degrees in the day! Otherwise I would have left out of fridge no probs.

Gossip101xoxo

Yeah definitely look into it. I’ve only just started but like you, I couldn’t lose weight no matter how hard I tried. I had physical causes ruled out (you don’t have to do this, boots just ask a few questions about weight/medical history and medication) so it was more emotional reasons as to why I was overeating. So far it’s been great, the constant feeling of hunger has mostly disappeared, I’m 2lbs down in a week.
Thank you, 2lbs in a week is amazing! I’ve heard good things about losing weight when taking it!

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Is it rubbing against your waistband, maybe?
No it’s higher up than my waistband and my trousers are so loose now anyway that they’re barely staying up rather than rubbing 😂 It’s really annoying! Going to take an antihistamine now and hope it stops the itching. It was almost instant after the injection. Maybe it was just because it was a new location (usually switch L-R on my lower belly) so more sensitive? It’s never happened before though.

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
Does anyone know why there is a shortage on Ozempic and not Saxenda? Is Ozempic more efficient and better for weight loss? From websites I’ve been on it’s more expensive.
Ozempic is used by diabetics, I imagine there is more need for it. Also, it's a different drug, one is liraglutide, the other is semaglutide. It's possible one of them is short

muffintop13

Chatty Member
Thanks for the advice, I will see how it goes as I up the dose but totally agree it's pricey and I'm hoping it does work at a lower dose than 3!

Tree_

VIP Member
I'm gonna order this. Do you recommend I get just 1 pen to try it or go for the 5 pen with welcome 20 from boots. How many people have sulphur burps. Nervous about wasting money with it

hereforalaugh38

I am exactly the same. The only thing I’ve found works any is to consistently take Mag07 - can buy it from Amazon. I ran out last week and have really felt the difference.
I’ve got some actually, do you take it everyday to keep regular? I need to get in the habit of taking it

Exhausted Pigeon

VIP Member
Morning all.
Question for anyone that ordered from Boots. How long from receiving the confirmation email were your pens ready for collection?

mary11

Hi just wondering if anyone can help. I ordered my saxenda from the london slimming clinic on tuesday and was supposed to receive it on wednesday as stated on the website but due to the jubilee celebrations delivery was put off until today even though i ordered in the time frame for delivery before the jubilee. Got my one hour time slot from dpd and i wont be in so changed delivery to tomorrow but my question is as it it has to be refrigerated will it all be ruined now?:(

Scotty06

Chatty Member
I ordered another 3 from boots with a black Friday discount reluctantly, this is my second restart and so far its not working 😭

ack13

Has anyone had it prescribed in Scotland? I meet eligibility criteria...well over BMI of 30 plus have a comorbidity but not sure if it's something GP's are prescribing here or if it's referred onto someone else. The information leaflet I read from the Scottish Medicines Consortium just says "if your health professional thinks this is the right medicine for you, you should be able to have the treatment on the NHS". I'm going to phone my GP and get an appointment to speak to the decent one but be good to know the odds of actually getting it! I certainly can't justify the private prices.
I’m in Scotland but had to pay for it from Boots unfortunately.

Rabbit!69

VIP Member
0.5 dose & im so sick I can’t eat!!! First day I threw up even coffee!
I’m on 1 but I was using saxenda before I swapped over. I’m not sure what to suggest for the sickness as only really experience this when I’m hungry but have not necessarily recognised it. Could you try shakes & sip on them until the nausea wears off & perhaps you can eat?

SingingMonkeyTunes

Could be the low carb! have you been at 3mg for a while? The reading I’ve done has said it takes about 3 months to get the full magic of the drug
Maybe so! I followed the dosage plan so have been at 3mg for 11 weeks I suppose, which sounds about right. I need to make sure I keep eating regularly though to keep my metabolism up.

Peppa281

Ladies need a bit of motivation or a kick up the bum 🤔 I'm on the pen, on 1.2 and its doing nothing I'm still eating as normal if not more. I feel absolutely disgusting, such a waste off money as they where so expensive and I'm just a disgusting person that I can't stop and get motivated

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Pens arrived this morning and already injected, feels weird going back on 0.6 compared to 3 as it felt very little!