Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noonoosanne2

VIP Member
I am, started on sax then moved to ozempic but when stock became unavailable I got rybelus instead.
How are you finding it? I’m day 4 or 5 and was wondering when you actually start to feel the benefits. I was so torn between this and ozempic injections

Ellamay87

VIP Member
There was someone from Ireland who ordered, might be worth having a read through the previous thread as I think it might be there, if not I’d have a look on the Facebook group 😊
Thanks a mil. Bit mortified about even raising it with my gp but I've read a lot about it recently. My habits have gone down the drain since working at home full time following the pandemic and honestly just feel like I need some help at the moment.

Amyx1518

VIP Member
I’ve got Saxenda through weight management clinic at the hospital. I’ve had to stop it because I just feel so nauseous all the time! I’m going to restart it soon, see if it is better then but my god it’s not agreed with me. Gutted as I feel like it’s such a huge opportunity

I think in Ireland it's only available on medical aid for diabetes. Maybe talk to your consultant?
The consultant today said to talk to my gp about it but that its €150 a month... I was too embarrassed to say to him I can't afford it..

But I'll mention it to my gp next week when I'm there x

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Took my first injection just now, is there anything i should expect or will the symptoms come in the coming days? Can’t remember from the last time I took it (a few years ago).

Dub2020

That does seem very expensive for Ozempic which can range from E120 - €170 per month. I'm ecking out my last pen by clicking and lower doses to just maintain losses which I did over christmas.
Ozempic in the price range you mention is if someone is on up to 1mg. Once the dose goes higher, two injections are needed to make up the dose so the price goes up. There's no way around that until Wegovy is released.
Though that person could just use 1mg pens and give one and a half doses by counting the clicks. That would keep cost down a bit. Three of the 1mg pens would last eight weeks, rather than having to buy 2 x 1mg and 2 x 0.5mg.

I'd love to hear experiences of anyone who has had to switch from ozempic and what doses of each you used? I was on 1mg of ozempic and losing slowly but steadily which I was happy with. Now I've been switched to liraglutide 3mg. So going from the lower diabetic dose of ozempic to the full weight loss dose of saxenda. It's so much dearer I'm debating not going to the full 3mg.

Last edited:

Gossip101xoxo

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has taken Ozempic or saxenda who has a bmi that is overweight but not over 30? My bmi is 27 but I don’t have a pre-existing health concern but im just not losing weight no matter how hard I try and feeling quite down about it lately. Thanks all

I've just applied through Boots to start Saxanda. My BMI is 40.5 and I've always struggled with my weight. Really nervous for the side effects and that it's an injection but I had to give myself heparin injections after my son so hope these aren't as bad.

How has everyone found actually injecting? What happens if you stop taking it does your appetite return to normal again?

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
I’ve seen on the fb group people say that the feeling full side effect is a temporary ‘bonus’ side effect and that it will pass but if that’s the case then ultimately how does the drug work for weight loss? I assumed it was the fact it makes you less hungry so you don’t eat as much?

Gossipgirl92

Chatty Member
Hi I’m about to start ozempic and I was wondering has anyone used this to get back to a weight they wanted to achieve then come off it- what was it like when you came off? Did you put the weight back on? I’ve put on about 3 stone since my second child and really want to just get back to the way I was

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’ve tried to time my increases with days off out of fear of the side effects, could you do that? Hopefully 1.8 was your worst step and the next one is easy for you.