Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Just incase anyone else is following this thread with hypothyroidism. I managed to get it prescribed through boots online dr and started last Thursday.

Not related to my thyroid, but has anyone else upped their dose a couple of days early? Feel like I’m getting hungry on 0.6 now.
I haven’t but I kind of want to, sick of 0.6 now

caremum

VIP Member
I'm seeing 1 mg pens seem impossible to source in Ireland. I am panicng slightly. I know its contributing to shortage but going to try and find another pen this week and titrate back to ride through this. If this is not possible what are other medications available in Ireland .

beautyblogger123

VIP Member
What's the difference in feeling as you up your doses?
I'm on my third day at 0.3 and honestly, it's absolutely killed my appetite and snacking needs (yay) and I've not been nauseous or tired which I'm so thankful for.

bedrunner

I have lost 5lb since starting on Thursday. Had side effects on day 3 (nausea and eggy burps - vile) but apart from that, no other side effects

Future

Chatty Member
Thanks a mil. Bit mortified about even raising it with my gp but I've read a lot about it recently. My habits have gone down the drain since working at home full time following the pandemic and honestly just feel like I need some help at the moment.
Two of my friends are on it and just went to their doc and told them they were constantly hungry so the doc weighed them and did bloods and they were approved once the bloods came back clear. You can claim your med 1 back straight away for it aswell. You just upload the pharmacy docket they give with it on to revenue. Best of luck :)

ack13

Hi all,

I have been using Saxenda for a few weeks now, on 0.9ml and was losing weight and feeling good. I took a week off due to going on holiday and re-started back on 0.6 on Tuesday - I’m feeling absolutely nothing. I still have a huge appetite, it’s not been suppressed at all. I’ve not even got any of the negative side effects I have having before e.g. dry mouth/tiredness. I’ve checked the pen and it’s still working and it’s been less than 30 days since I opened it.

Any ideas what’s happened? Perhaps I’m being impatient and it will take a few more days to take effect.

Thanks!

New-Yark

I’ve just gone up to 1.0mg on Ozempic…feeling like the early days of Saxenda. I’m hoping to get the corresponding weight loss!
Would you mind to talk about the differences between both? I’m looking to start one or the other once my GP approves it but once a week on Ozempic feels so much easier than the daily jab.

janedoughball

Hello,

Looking for some advice please, I’m a tad confused at how to actually go about getting same. So can your gp (ireland) prescribe it to you? My BMI is 31 and I’m NEVER full which leads to eat eat eat and in turn worsens my depression. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated! X

caremum

VIP Member
Is Sax available to perscribe in Ireland. We are a bit behind in the medicating field. No 2 mg pens for ozempic either.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Not sure if you’re going abroad but people were picking up pens for silly money in Turkey on the Facebook groups

SingingMonkeyTunes

I have a raging cold and my appetite is at zero as a result. I've been Sax for 12 weeks so the two combined is quite unpleasant as I am literally forcing food down. 🙁

Mysteryy

Chatty Member
I've been on Saxenda for 2 weeks now and lost 1lb. I've been eating less than 1500 calories and having 2 litres of water at least. More movement as well but doesn't seem to be having much impact on the scales. Any advice or suggestions, feeling a bit defeated!

coleywoley

I’ve never refrigerated my pens and took in my hold luggage on a few flights now. Still steadily losing.

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
Has anyone had side-effects like vomiting / sulphur burps and been able to manage / overcome those symptoms?

I had to stop at 1.2mg as the vomiting was severe and with each sulphur burp I would gag.

I’m thinking to try Ozempic instead. Stay on the lowest dose.Take probiotics and drink plenty of peppermint tea?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.I desperately need a kickstart to lose weight 😔

Nose__bag

Thank you so much !

My best weight - its E200 for an initial appointment and then E140 pm for the perscription. A follow up appointment 3 months later is E100 and then its a six month perscription. Everything is tax allowable and its worth the investment in yourself.