Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

purpleaubergine

Chatty Member
Just finished my 4th pen. Still at 1.8mg. 25lbs down in 7 weeks. Only had a 0.5lb loss in week 6 but I was barely eating due to a lot of stress in my life. Upped my food and water intake in week 7, even had some chocolate one day and saw a 4lb loss again.

For me it’s worth every penny so far and I’m so glad I found this thread (and the previous one) to learn about Saxenda. I’ve got 6 more pens in the fridge so looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks go.
That’s so good 😊 how long does each pen last roughy ?

janedoughball

Jane good luck. It will be the best investment in yourself. McCabes is the cheapest pharmacy with it. Think it'll be E120 off plan. Unfortunately if you are not perscribed for diabetes the drug relief scheme won't cover. I was paying E140 p.m. but not availability yesterday anywhere and ended up paying E167. Was so desperate I just had to suck it up.

Thanks so so much! Did you have any trouble getting your GP to prescribe?
How are you finding it? Are you loosing much?
It is v costly but I feel it will be worth it!
So do you take your prescription out of normal chemist and try with another?

Clarity456

VIP Member
I've been on 0.6 since Friday so coming up half a week, my question is, if I'm not getting hungry on 0.6 do I stick with it or go up to 1.2?

Hi All, I started Saxenda this morning and noticed there was a small drip on the end of the needle after I had used it, I followed the instructions and counted to 6. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should have left it in a couple of seconds longer?

ack13

Has anyone else had really poor sleep since starting? I’m not the best sleeper anyway but since starting 2 weeks ago I’m tossing and turning all night so constantly feeling awful all day. I take it in the morning.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Ah sorry, no I’m in England. I didn’t realise you were asking about Ireland. I’ve just googled and had a look on the Facebook groups though and can still only see about ozempic shortages in Ireland however that may not be everyone’s real experiences. It may be worth joining the Facebook groups and asking? Fingers crossed you can get it. It’s literally changed my life.

Wearesailing13

Can anyone please offer me some advice. Currently on day 12 and first week and a half was great. Never felt hungry, just thirsty and completely curbed my snacking. Was eating around 1200 cals a day. Last 3 days I’ve felt incredibly hungry, exactly like I felt prior to using the pen. I’m absolutely gutted to be honest. Has anyone else experienced this? So much money to buy the pens and just feel like its a complete waste now. Ive just had a big meal and feel hungry again

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’ve ordered from the London Slimming Clinic and it comes in this massive package - I live with my mum and she can’t get very nosy and I don’t want to tell her all my business. Are there any other companies that don’t deliver in such big boxes?

Ashfox

Chatty Member
Me again! Just wondering if any of you follow the Fast 800 diet whilst taking Sax but with a few more cals thrown in. I’m kind of thinking they will be healthy & full of good stuff?

Went up to 1.2 today and I’ve done nothing but vomit and sleep I feel horrendous and starting to think is it really worth it. I haven’t managed to drink or eat a thing and I still feel like I need to be sick 🤢 will it pass or should I keep to 0.6

Little Baby Nothing

Chatty Member
Is anyone using this for the second time after a break? I originally lost around 2st a year ago but after going back on a medication renowned for weight gain I've put it nearly all back on. I started Saxenda again about a week ago so I'm still on 0.6mg and it hasn't done anything to stop my appetite or make me feel fuller. First time around it worked from day one and I could barely manage to finish a starter when I went out for dinner. I really hope it'll work again.

janedoughball

I'm in a similar position & based in Ireland. Weight has crept up steadily over the last 5 years (BMI now 38) and also feel hungry constantly (despite trying to eat generous daily calorie allowance) & struggle massively with binge eating.

I was visiting my GP for a separate issue related to my weight and brought up injections to assist weight loss. She was completely non-plussed. Said oh yes, Ozempic is used off label for weight loss as helps to control satiety. Reckoned it is only effective for 6 months and best results when used in conjunction with watching calories, she encouraged exercise and said she'd let me trial it for 2 months. Barely batted an eyelid! The fact the pharmacy was short stocked tells me it is being prescribed in spades.

First few weeks, I was barely hungry, felt full very quickly & had dropped 10lbs without even trying. I think I get where she's coming from as 6 weeks in (on lowest dosage), my appetite has increased and I can eat more so definitely need to watch my calories and try not to binge.

I am still planning to renew my prescription as it is definitely helping (my thoughts are not consumed with food constantly) and people on here have been successful on Ozempic for longer periods. I recommend giving it a try but know myself I need to work on my habits as well.

Thanks so much for all the info!

Did you mention sax to your gp at all? I’m so afraid mine will say no, such anxiety over it! I just want to feel normal (not constantly hungry and thinking what I can have next and stressing over over consuming)

MASSIVE congrats on the loss 🥳🥳 that’s amazing!
Are you managing to get exercise in too?l actually? Thanks so much x