Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coleywoley

I also prefer in morning, feel it’s full effectiveness has kicked in by late afternoon/early evening which stops me picking at night.

coleywoley

The constipation is the main side effect for me 🙈🙈🙈 driving me mad and feel so bloated, ordered some fybogel to try and help but I am 31lbs down now so it’s worth it I guess!
I am exactly the same. The only thing I’ve found works any is to consistently take Mag07 - can buy it from Amazon. I ran out last week and have really felt the difference.

KeepitontheDL

Hi guys,

Gp very reluctantly put me on ozempic…. I’m delighted yet super anxious re shortage! He only gave me 4 weeks and then I have to come back to him for another 4 week at same dosage before he will put me on higher,,. So 8 weeks at 0.25mg?
Any tips ladies? Should I take tonight or wait till morn?
Thanks all
This late at night, I'd probably wait but each to their own! I have to say, I noticed after the first 5 weeks, I have been pretty much back to normal this past 2 weeks. Appetite back to previous levels, feeling hungry at same times as before and more frequently, can eat more again without feeling full on small portions etc. Trying to calorie count and not binge eat so have maintained the last fortnight but not lost anything (I'm still happy with this!) The 0.25 dose really only lasted the first month or so. Had hoped the effects would last longer.

Was back at my GP this week and she agreed, need to up dosage to 0.5... So see how you get on with the 0.25, hopefully no side effects but if towards the end of the 4 weeks, you feel the satiety effects are waning then be sure to say it to your GP. Really feel like this second month for me on 0.25 has been an expensive experiment 😂

Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

Chatty9

My husband was prescribed this by a clinic in Newry. Ozempic. It was £300 for a months supply, we are in Ireland (South). They sent my husband the actual pen, can we get the prescription off them and get it cheaper locally? Or is it not available in Ireland at all? Seems extremely expensive

megsmagoo

VIP Member
I’ve done one this morning for 5 pens but I don’t feel ready to stop yet when they run out in a month! considering not being entirely accurate with my weight for the next order but I know that’s quite frowned upon.
Yeah I guess not but needs must! I’d probably do the same

Mysteryy

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if you can buy the needles separately? I've stayed at a lower dose due to side effects but will run out of needles before the pens run out

bell86

I have just ordered first time from boots, I may have lied a bit as I’m just under the recommended weight.
when I’m picking it up from boots will they check my weight etc 😂 or is it just a normal hand it over kind of thing ?

hereforalaugh38

Just taken some! I’ve also ordered some fybogel to help, can’t stand it! I’ve got stomach issues anyway so when it’s not right it really bothers me

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Hi ladies. Does anyone have information on best place to get this in Ireland? Can you order form UK and have delivered here or is it hard to get from Irish pharmacies I'd I get a script here? Seems more expensive in Ireland. Really want to give it a go as hoping it could help my tendency to binge.

Nose__bag

No luck at the docs , she said they don’t prescribe them 😢 she said she will refer me to a dieticians instead. I know I can buy the pens myself so I am still thinking about it it’s just the price. Has anyone seen anywhere in Ireland that does them at a good enough price don’t think I could afford €250 a month on top of a mortgage and all other costs going through the roof 💔 has anyone tried tablets before that have worked?

rageinducing

Chatty Member
My husband was prescribed this by a clinic in Newry. Ozempic. It was £300 for a months supply, we are in Ireland (South). They sent my husband the actual pen, can we get the prescription off them and get it cheaper locally? Or is it not available in Ireland at all? Seems extremely expensive
I have been prescribed it too but there is no supply in the South that I’ve been able to locate and earliest estimate is late March before supplies return to normal. It’s also no cheaper really because as your dose increases so does the price. I started on 0.25 and up to 1.5. Up to 1mg is about 140 euro for a month but after that you have to get two pens one of 1.0mg and one of 0.5mg. So it’s €280 on my last 1.5mg prescription. I’m hoping more companies will manufacturer it now so the price will come down because the demand is unprecedented.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Unfortunately Ozempic is also not recommended for people who have had pancreatitis.

Looks like the only option is Orlistat, which I will never take as the side effects are terrible (also how it works is not great - reacts to the fat).
My manager lost 2 stone in 3 months taking Orlistat - and her dignity and self respect. She leaked oily poo 24/7 and had to wear the biggest Tena pads available. She couldn’t go out or exercise because the leakage was so bad. Plus once she stopped the tablets, she put the weight straight back on. Definitely not worth it.

I’m going to try controlled eating this coming week and if that’s unsuccessful then I guess I’ll join the Saxenda gang.

I’m so sorry there’s nothing medical to help you. Have you looked into non-invasive gastric procedures like having a gastric balloon inserted?

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Well interestingly I’ve felt really sick being on 1.2 since Friday, still nauseous and can’t stop going to the loo which is the total opposite to the last time! I’ve lost 4lbs overnight 🙃