Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Advice please needed - for the past 5 years I’ve been weighing myself on those old fashioned doctors scales. My weight is high so it spins around past the top number and then I have to add on the extra weight myself. I use stone and pounds and the highest number ends and then 8lbs later the 0 starts so it’s been a bit complicated adding the extra weight up. It also has kg and someone suggested I try and use that as well. It’s worked for me so far but today I was weighed at a hospital using an electronic scale and I’m actually 11lbs lighter than what I’ve been reading myself as. I should say now that I’m terrible and really unconfident when it comes to maths.
I’m thinking that I should buy myself a proper electronic scale but that would mean my previous measurements will be off and then I’ve lost 5 years of weighing myself (I like the little progress graph on MyFitnessPal). Should I carry as I’m hoping I’ll get down to the highest number on my dr’s scale or buy a new one and then go through MyFitnessPal and rework out what I had previously calculated (I take photos of the scales) and change them accordingly?

Wotsit

VIP Member
I really want to try this, heard a Dr at hospital talking about it. Is anyone that´s using this just using it for about 10-12KG weight loss?
That’s why I started it as was hoping to loose close to that before my holiday. I did really well the first week (6lbs off) and felt like it worked, however the hot weather plus period bloat plus not sleeping has had my eating all over the place. I’ve stupidly skipped meals as I wasn’t hungry but then ate ice creams and ice pops like my life depended on it 😭 weighed in today and I’ve put 2lbs on in 4 days 😭😭😭 so I’ve given myself a good pep talk, meal prepped and will hopefully be resuming normal service today. I can’t afford to have spent all that money on them for me to mess about and it not help.

liltatling

VIP Member
I was really looking forward to getting started with Saxenda.
I placed an order with Boots on 21/12. I appreciate that over the Christmas period delivery may take longer. I messaged on the Boots Online asking for an update, they told me to speak to the store. I have done thus several times and they said they've no record of my order. Called the Boots helpline - someone answered but it sounded like they were walking around with the phone in their pocket.
How long did it take your orders to arrive into the Boots pharmacy?
Feel like this is a sign and Saxenda isn't for me 😂

margaretta

VIP Member
I couldn’t get approved for saxenda because I had pancreatitis 20 years ago. Anyone know of any alternatives?

Or, as I only wanted to do it for 2 months, am wondering to go to a different supplier and miss off the pancreatitis. Actually that sounds desperate but then my weight has ballooned so much and is starting to affect me in other ways, I guess I am desperate. 😢

the slosher KP

VIP Member
Super easy , I do them in my tummy as have most fat there lol . So I hold a chubby bit and inject in that way , you don’t even feel a prick into the skin that way . But everyone is different x
Sounds like a good place to me.
Is it also easy to measure how much to inject?
How much have you lost? X

Carly29

The private hospital have not got back to me so I have gone ahead with boots. Just waiting to hear back. 🤞🏼

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Thank you for the voice of common sense. I am finding this situation so depressing. I know there is no miracle cure but I need something to give my own efforts a helping hand.
It’s called semaglutide or ozempic and is a weekly jab, not daily. It’s not currently licensed for weightloss in the UK apparently but you can still get it. The link is for a private weight management company but there’s info on semaglutide if you scroll down.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Does anyone know why there is a shortage on Ozempic and not Saxenda? Is Ozempic more efficient and better for weight loss? From websites I’ve been on it’s more expensive.

SingingMonkeyTunes

I'm getting inpatient as maxing out at 1lb a week loss. A loss is a loss but I find it hard to keep motivated knowing it's a lot slower than I think I deserve.

Gonna keep at it though as without Sax I'd probably be gaining!

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Does anyone find that sometimes when you pull the needle out of you that a pearl of the liquid appears at the needle? I do the injection, hold for 6 secs and then I hold for another 6 just to be safe and it still happens. I’m so worried about wasting it as it’s so expensive I usually just keep stabbing the needle back into my stomach until no liquid is on the needle anymore 🙈

Sienna1

I'm sorry to hear it's not working as well the second time around for you, this is what I'm afraid of. I have managed to overeat a couple of times though and made myself feel very sick so I guess it's working a bit but like you nothing like before. The first time around I never went above 1.8mg but I think I will this time. Thank you for sharing.
I was the same, the first time I never went over 1.8 and lost nearly 2 stone in the first 8 weeks. My side effects were much stronger last time as well, I only stopped because I completely plateaued for weeks. Thankfully I’ve managed to keep the weight off but I still have more to lose so just need to keep trying! Hope it goes well for you

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Hi all, I can’t seem to get any ozempic in Ireland 😭😭😭
The anxiety of it all, I’m piling on the pounds! Has anyone had/ know of the gastric ballon?
Nightmare. Have you been prescribed it by doc and just can't get ir from any pharmacy? When is it supposed to be back in stock?

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
My best weight - its E200 for an initial appointment and then E140 pm for the perscription. A follow up appointment 3 months later is E100 and then its a six month perscription. Everything is tax allowable and its worth the investment in yourself.
The 140 is for ozempic is it not? Saxenda us 249 for 5 pens, each pen lasts 6 days on fill dose

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Has anyone suffered with trapped wind symptoms. Last two mornings around 4am I’ve had a bad belly thought it was to 💩 but it’s been trapped wind 😩
Yes! It’s bloody constant and been in agony with it. Never been so gassy in my life. Only ever had it once after a big surgery years ago and now getting it a few times a week. I’ve been drinking mugs of hot water which seems to be helping and a few folk have recommended peppermint cordial but not tried it.

Little Baby Nothing

Chatty Member
I’m using it the second time after 6 months off and it definitely does not work the same second time round for me. It takes the very edge off of hunger but nothing like it did before, I couldn’t eat half a meal before where as I can still eat full meals and get hungry a lot so it’s more mind over matter. Very annoying as I want to lose another 2 stone+ to get to my goal weight. I’ve only lost like 2lb in 2.5 weeks
I'm sorry to hear it's not working as well the second time around for you, this is what I'm afraid of. I have managed to overeat a couple of times though and made myself feel very sick so I guess it's working a bit but like you nothing like before. The first time around I never went above 1.8mg but I think I will this time. Thank you for sharing.

theeyeroller

VIP Member
Here we go gang literally just got my pens watched the YouTube video to set it up and did my first 0.6 dose … let’s see how the week goes 👌🏻👌🏻 How quickly if any did you guys notice hunger feelings and appetite slowing down ?
I did my first jag mid morning and felt less hungry by evening but not sure how much of that was psychological? Definitely less hungry by the second day and not even thinking about food by day four. Good luck!

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
I used Saxenda for 2 weeks and had to stop on the 1.2mg dose as the sulphur burps and vomiting were debilitating. Has anyone had this and been able to overcome it? Really gutted 😔