Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How’s everyone getting on?

I went shopping yesterday as I had nothing left that fits and was starting to look like a scruff in my baggy clothes. Everything I bought was a comfortable fitting 16 - down from a tight fitting 22 in July. 12/14 is my ‘happy place’ as I end up looking ill if I go any smaller and it starts to impact my long term health condition. It feels like it’s in touching distance now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I went shopping yesterday as I had nothing left that fits and was starting to look like a scruff in my baggy clothes. Everything I bought was a comfortable fitting 16 - down from a tight fitting 22 in July. 12/14 is my ‘happy place’ as I end up looking ill if I go any smaller and it starts to impact my long term health condition. It feels like it’s in touching distance now.
That must be such an amazing feeling! Well done x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Fantastic, bet this felt amazing

• Heart
Definitely! Thank you.

When I lost a lot of weight previously the best visual tool I had was taking pics of my new clothes against the old clothes because you never really see the changes so clearly in the mirror. It really kept me motivated. So this is new jeans that fit perfectly vs work trousers that were getting snug. 😱

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Well done! 3 sizes in 3 months is amazing 👏

Reactions: 4
Just a heads up to anyone if they need to order, I know it’s not as cheap as boots or Asda but I ordered from Chemist4u yesterday and my pens arrived today so just under 24 hours! I used boots with the discount before but it took days for them to agree the order and then a further 4 days for them to get in store and then there was a mix up where they said I’d already collected them! Much prefer just getting them delivered it’s always been really quick with Chemist4u and they send loads of needles if you like to stick to a lower dose.

I’ve been back on sax since June and barely lost anything (at least I’ve not gained)! It’s my fault as my head wasn’t really in it and I stayed on a low dose which didn’t work for me like it did the first time. Finally upped to 1.8 on Monday and feeling the change again so hopefully I can stay on this dose for a while. I’m 5 stone lighter than I was a couple of years ago and I’ve lost 3 stone on sax in the last year. Lost just over 2 stone when I first started it and then 10lb back in June/july when I restarted. Really need to shift at least another 2 stone but it’s so slow even on sax for me. I’d love to lose 3 more stone to get back to what I was at my happy weight (10 stone) but I just don’t know if it’s realistic anymore and I think loose skin would be an issue. I never regained any weight when I came off even for months so I have good faith I won’t regain this weight.

the only things I don’t like about saxenda is the heartburn and not being able to use the toilet regularly, has anyone found a solution for this that’s not laxatives?

I ordered from boots last night and got confirmation this morning of my order and to wait and receive a text within 24 hours to go and collect from chemist…really impressed so far and got a fab discount £192 for 5 pens….looking forward to getting started

Reactions: 1
I’ve gone way off lost 4 in the first week then upped dose the last couple weeks started to miss days then got covid and been sooo poorly I’ve went back to sw last night and put 4 back on.
Not sure weather i should just start again on the first dose or continue at the 1.8 and go again

I’ve gone way off lost 4 in the first week then upped dose the last couple weeks started to miss days then got covid and been sooo poorly I’ve went back to sw last night and put 4 back on.
Not sure weather i should just start again on the first dose or continue at the 1.8 and go again
How many days have you missed? I think the advice is to start from 0.6 if you’ve had a break because of the side effects? You could probably move up the doses a bit quicker if you don’t feel it’s working. But I wouldn’t go straight back to 1.8 if you’ve been off it a while.

the only things I don’t like about saxenda is the heartburn and not being able to use the toilet regularly, has anyone found a solution for this that’s not laxatives?
Missed this part of your post earlier. I can’t help on the heartburn - the only time I’ve had that it’s usually down to something I’ve eaten that’s sat in my stomach (for me it was pepperami 😂) so easily avoided. When I feel a little acidy I have some gum or sugar free polos and that seems to ease it.
For the 💩 try dulcoease (definitely not to be confused with dulcolax! You want the blue box not the green) it’s a softener that you take a few times a day rather than a laxative. Helps to keep things moving. And drink plenty of water 😊

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced twinges in their side/back from saxenda? I did my first jab late yesterday evening and have had a twitch in my back alllll day - it’s very annoying, like when your eye won’t stop twitching!

I was so nervous to start on this as I’m paranoid about the side effects (I actually tried saxenda 6+ months ago but only had 2 or 3 doses as the needles/cancer risks freaked me out). I have a feeling that I’ll be blaming it for everything ever wrong with my body 😂

How many days have you missed? I think the advice is to start from 0.6 if you’ve had a break because of the side effects? You could probably move up the doses a bit quicker if you don’t feel it’s working. But I wouldn’t go straight back to 1.8 if you’ve been off it a while.

Missed this part of your post earlier. I can’t help on the heartburn - the only time I’ve had that it’s usually down to something I’ve eaten that’s sat in my stomach (for me it was pepperami 😂) so easily avoided. When I feel a little acidy I have some gum or sugar free polos and that seems to ease it.
For the 💩 try dulcoease (definitely not to be confused with dulcolax! You want the blue box not the green) it’s a softener that you take a few times a day rather than a laxative. Helps to keep things moving. And drink plenty of water 😊
I’ve just started again at the beginning and so far so good

• Heart
Has anyone experienced twinges in their side/back from saxenda? I did my first jab late yesterday evening and have had a twitch in my back alllll day - it’s very annoying, like when your eye won’t stop twitching!

I was so nervous to start on this as I’m paranoid about the side effects (I actually tried saxenda 6+ months ago but only had 2 or 3 doses as the needles/cancer risks freaked me out). I have a feeling that I’ll be blaming it for everything ever wrong with my body 😂
Try not to panic just yet , I think the back twinge could be unrelated . I was the same when I started lol was like I have a pain in my leg ...MUST BE SAX!! but it wasn’t lol obviously I’m not a doctor and if you’re concerned see your gp

Try not to panic just yet , I think the back twinge could be unrelated . I was the same when I started lol was like I have a pain in my leg ...MUST BE SAX!! but it wasn’t lol obviously I’m not a doctor and if you’re concerned see your gp
Thank you :) that’s exactly what I’m like at the moment, it must be it!!

• Heart
does anyone know the long term effects? Is it meant to be longterm or just until you’ve reached your goal weight?

Getting my pen delivered tomorrow. Excited but scared 😱
Don’t be scared , it will be ok . Just grab a bit of chub on belly , at least 2inch from belly button as within 2in is most sensitive area I have heard . Breathe and try to relax . I never thought I could do it and I’m a real wimp with needles , I pass out at blood tests etc 😂

Thank you. Plenty of chub probs won’t feel it. I’ve had a tummy tuck before so nerves are a bit broken in that area 🤣… bit paranoid of the cancer risks 🫤

I had an appointment with GP today asking about having Saxenda prescribed. He was really open to the discussion and agreed I met the criteria. He wasn't sure how the process worked locally and we left it that he was going to contact the pharmacists in the surgery and come back to me.

Then a further phone call this afternoon updating me and essentially even though it should be available, the local health board are "formulating a plan" for how that will look so aren't allowing it to be prescribed via GP's. All prescriptions that have been filled locally have all been private not NHS. Disappointing but not unsurprising.

GP was frustrated by their response as he can't see a reason why medically it should be refused. So he's referred me to the bariatric service at the local hospital who apparently have a really good set up and it's not all about surgery so will see how I get on with that (however long it takes for the appointment!).

Reactions: 5
4lbs down this week. Went up to 3mg over the weekend and had no horrible side effects so far. I was dreading it after the step to 2.4mg was so awful but this has been fine.

36lb down in 12 weeks now 😊

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.