Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else feel pretty down on Saxenda? I’m trying to work out if my low moods are the sax or just the fact life is pretty crap at the moment (as in cost of living, government crap and some work stress). Really don’t want to stop Sax as it is working but also wondering if I’m making my life more mentally difficult by sticking with it

Reactions: 2
I've just completed my online questions with Boots, so hopefully I can join you all on this journey. A couple of people mentioned cancer risks here? I haven't read about that anywhere, can anyone tell me more?
There was evidence to suggest it gave a higher propensity for pancreatic cancer in the studies done on mice I think.

Anyone else feel pretty down on Saxenda? I’m trying to work out if my low moods are the sax or just the fact life is pretty crap at the moment (as in cost of living, government crap and some work stress). Really don’t want to stop Sax as it is working but also wondering if I’m making my life more mentally difficult by sticking with it
It does say it can cause low mood and that’s one of the common side effects of it and it’s not suitable for people who’ve previously had suicidal ideation. Hope you’re ok, just keep a wee eye on it x

Reactions: 1
I've just completed my online questions with Boots, so hopefully I can join you all on this journey. A couple of people mentioned cancer risks here? I haven't read about that anywhere, can anyone tell me more?
In addition to the pancreatitis & pancreatic cancer warnings, it affects your hormones so can also lead to thyroid cancer and is not recommended if you have family history of endocrine issues or thyroid cancer

thanks guys. no history of that in my family. I'll wait to see if they even approve me. I'm on antidepressants also, so I'm just hoping that I'm suitable. I have tried everything. Calorie deficit and pretty regular training are just not doing it for me anymore.

Reactions: 2
Good luck to those starting out. I hope it works for you 😊 it’s the best thing I’ve ever done and I’m really glad I chose to put myself first for once.

Reactions: 7
I’ve just started saxenda, tomorrow will be first week done.

I’m more concerned my lack of eating is just mental like I know I’m on these expensive jabs therefore loss of appetite is just that rather than anything from the pen itself.

Does anyone feel like this?

I’ve tried all these liquid/meal replacements in past which never worked. I’m lazy/super scared to go to gym in the but I do a bit of walk. Insulin resistance/pcos and 5 foot short so I’m proper massive like a whale.

Reactions: 3
I just got approved. Need to wait for Boots to text me to collect it, so not sure how long that will take. So nervous!! I hope it works for me, and I hope I get some good results. It will be life changing.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just started saxenda, tomorrow will be first week done.

I’m more concerned my lack of eating is just mental like I know I’m on these expensive jabs therefore loss of appetite is just that rather than anything from the pen itself.

Does anyone feel like this?
I know how you feel... I'm only a couple of weeks into Ozempic and the first few days, I did wonder am I just really busy/distracted with work or is it a placebo effect or because I'm so conscious of the jab that I don't feel hungry 😂

I soon found that true, genuine, belly-rumbling hunger does come. Just much more delayed than before and I'm proper full on normal size portions instead of binging to feel satisfied.

Long may it last and I hope it continues to go well for you

Reactions: 5
It’s definitely not all placebo. I do occasionally get hungry but even then I struggle with a whole meal. There have been times when I’ve gone without food for most of the day because I knew I was going out for dinner but even then I’ve not been able to finish my plate even though I’ve really wanted to. And drinks with dinner feel impossible.

The downside to this is my boyfriend has put on weight because he ends up finishing all my meals 😂

• Haha
I'm going to primarily care about the inches. Someone in the thread earlier posted their two pairs of jeans.....and honestly that has me buzzing. I have so many jeans that used to fit me. They're not even that small, but if I can shed a few inches it will be incredible to get back into them.

I found when I have come off it my appitite shoots right up again which is not good. Any tips it is getting me down even the OH has noticed I am eating more.

• Sad
I'm going to primarily care about the inches. Someone in the thread earlier posted their two pairs of jeans.....and honestly that has me buzzing. I have so many jeans that used to fit me. They're not even that small, but if I can shed a few inches it will be incredible to get back into them.
I’m obviously weighing but it’s the inch loss for me too. I’m 9 weeks in and have lost 10 inches off my waist which is mental. I seem to be losing weight from all the right places which is the first time this has ever happened.

I’ve just gone up to 1.0mg on Ozempic…feeling like the early days of Saxenda. I’m hoping to get the corresponding weight loss!

I’ve just gone up to 1.0mg on Ozempic…feeling like the early days of Saxenda. I’m hoping to get the corresponding weight loss!
Would you mind to talk about the differences between both? I’m looking to start one or the other once my GP approves it but once a week on Ozempic feels so much easier than the daily jab.

Has anyone plateaus the weight loss on sax? I’m on 2.4 now and plateaud for a while . Tried to increase and felt rubbish . Maybe it’s worked the most it will for me ? I’m a stone and a half down 🤘🏼

Has anyone plateaus the weight loss on sax? I’m on 2.4 now and plateaud for a while . Tried to increase and felt rubbish . Maybe it’s worked the most it will for me ? I’m a stone and a half down 🤘🏼
I was plateauing on each dose but reluctant to move up because of side effects each time but I’m settled at 3.0 and still losing consistently now (feel like it’s almost ramped up a bit on the higher dose)… took me a while to get here mind you as I was so sick each time I increased.

I was plateauing on each dose but reluctant to move up because of side effects each time but I’m settled at 3.0 and still losing consistently now (feel like it’s almost ramped up a bit on the higher dose)… took me a while to get here mind you as I was so sick each time I increased.
My 1.8 to 2.4 was horrible , was feeling rough then it settled but have plateaud . Maybe I just need to push through and get up the dosage

My 1.8 to 2.4 was horrible , was feeling rough then it settled but have plateaud . Maybe I just need to push through and get up the dosage
That was the worst step for me (1.8 to 2.4) and I found 2.4 to 3.0 the easiest of them all. I did sit on 2.4 for a couple of weeks though til the side effects died down. Good luck if you up x

That was the worst step for me (1.8 to 2.4) and I found 2.4 to 3.0 the easiest of them all. I did sit on 2.4 for a couple of weeks though til the side effects died down. Good luck if you up x
Thankyou 😁 yeah the 1.8 to 2.4 was horrible , then tried to go above 2.4 and I was feeling really rough . Maybe I just need to stick where I’m at til side effects get better

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.