Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
4lbs down this week. Went up to 3mg over the weekend and had no horrible side effects so far. I was dreading it after the step to 2.4mg was so awful but this has been fine.

36lb down in 12 weeks now 😊
Amazing! Well done. That’s a superb loss.

I need to up my dose to 2.4 but am putting it off as life is too busy to be sick. 😫

Reactions: 3
Amazing! Well done. That’s a superb loss.

I need to up my dose to 2.4 but am putting it off as life is too busy to be sick. 😫
Thanks 😊 so glad I found these threads or I’d never have know about Saxenda and I’d probably have put on 36lbs in the last 12 weeks rather than lost it’s

1.8 up to 2.4 was honestly the worst for me. The rest have been relatively easy and didn’t have many side effects but with 2.4 I felt so ill for ages. You could try 1.8 + a few clicks for a couple days and gradually go up to the full dose rather than suddenly just incase. I don’t know why that step was so difficult but I’ve seen others saying elsewhere that 2.4 was the worst for them too. 3 is a walk in the park in comparison!

Good luck to everyone just starting 😊

Reactions: 1
Thanks 😊 so glad I found these threads or I’d never have know about Saxenda and I’d probably have put on 36lbs in the last 12 weeks rather than lost it’s

1.8 up to 2.4 was honestly the worst for me. The rest have been relatively easy and didn’t have many side effects but with 2.4 I felt so ill for ages. You could try 1.8 + a few clicks for a couple days and gradually go up to the full dose rather than suddenly just incase. I don’t know why that step was so difficult but I’ve seen others saying elsewhere that 2.4 was the worst for them too. 3 is a walk in the park in comparison!

Good luck to everyone just starting 😊
1.8 nearly killed me so dreading 2.4 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve tried to time my increases with days off out of fear of the side effects, could you do that? Hopefully 1.8 was your worst step and the next one is easy for you.

Anyone seen this. People kicking off in the comments about the page being taken over and apparently we won’t be able to recommend other retailers and discounts

D9979E8E-8649-4BF7-96E0-72B5F173E8B5.jpeg

This is probably a really daft question but for those of us who boredom eat/emotionally eat/binge eat etc, how do you not do that when using saxenda? What do you do at the times you'd have eaten now as that kind of eating isn't driven by hunger in the same way.

Reactions: 4
This is probably a really daft question but for those of us who boredom eat/emotionally eat/binge eat etc, how do you not do that when using saxenda? What do you do at the times you'd have eaten now as that kind of eating isn't driven by hunger in the same way.
For me, I’m just not hungry so don’t think about boredom eating. And if I do I’m full really quickly.

Reactions: 6
Thank you for posting this as I have an appointment with my GP next week and wanted to discuss Saxenda with her but had a feeling GP’s wouldn’t be able to prescribe it.

I’ve been on and off Orlistat for a while now (prescribed by GP but have also bought it myself in the past) but I just don’t think it’s for me. Side effects can be embarrassing and I haven’t lost much on it at all. The last few weeks I’ve struggled to get my head into it and always read this thread as I genuinely think Saxenda could work for me and I love reading all of your success stories, you’ve all done so well! I’ve literally been dieting for 20 years and diet and my weight rule my life and it’s overwhelming at times. I know I could purchase Saxenda myself but financially it’s not an option for me at the moment. My GP has mentioned referring me to a weight management clinic but I’m not too sure what this entails. If it’s just a nurse weighing me every month and giving me a diet plan then it definitely won’t be useful 😂

Good luck to everyone on their Saxenda journey, you are all doing fab!

I had an appointment with GP today asking about having Saxenda prescribed. He was really open to the discussion and agreed I met the criteria. He wasn't sure how the process worked locally and we left it that he was going to contact the pharmacists in the surgery and come back to me.

Then a further phone call this afternoon updating me and essentially even though it should be available, the local health board are "formulating a plan" for how that will look so aren't allowing it to be prescribed via GP's. All prescriptions that have been filled locally have all been private not NHS. Disappointing but not unsurprising.

GP was frustrated by their response as he can't see a reason why medically it should be refused. So he's referred me to the bariatric service at the local hospital who apparently have a really good set up and it's not all about surgery so will see how I get on with that (however long it takes for the appointment!).

8 week weigh in today and I’m 1.5st down - losing steadily and consistently. The side effects are lessening and the jump up to 2.4 was the least bad out of them all, still being sick after certain foods (red meat and anything rich) but just trying to eat better and not overdo it.

I get really full quickly and just stop eating the minute I feel full which I suppose is what normal people would do instead of eating through the discomfort. 😂 I also don’t feel the urge to snack and a decent meal will see me through for the whole day without any sort of hunger.

It’s been pretty life changing so far but hoping that continues and I don’t get resistant to it. Just about to up to 3.0! Wish me luck. 💪🏼

So I've finished my 3 pens and lost half a stone. I need to lose 3 stone so not a bad start tbh. Could I have lost that without Sax? Yes, definitely. Sax made me feel full constantly, like to the point of nausea. So it stopped me eating BUT it also stopped me going to the gym. On the days I did go I became quite unwell, headache,dizzy etc, as I clearly hadn't eaten enough.

So overall I'm glad I tried it, but I'm more glad it's over and can get back to normal. Also on the plus side I found drinking water helped and ive continued to keep hydrated since it finished.

Good luck everyone!

• Heart
So I've finished my 3 pens and lost half a stone. I need to lose 3 stone so not a bad start tbh. Could I have lost that without Sax? Yes, definitely. Sax made me feel full constantly, like to the point of nausea. So it stopped me eating BUT it also stopped me going to the gym. On the days I did go I became quite unwell, headache,dizzy etc, as I clearly hadn't eaten enough.

So overall I'm glad I tried it, but I'm more glad it's over and can get back to normal. Also on the plus side I found drinking water helped and ive continued to keep hydrated since it finished.

Good luck everyone!
Well done! I know what you mean though - I’ve nearly finished week 2. Lost 3lbs first week and nothing so far this week - I definitely could’ve lost that sticking to weight watchers and I wouldn’t of spent the last 2 weeks feeling sick (but on the plus side I’ve felt full for 2 weeks, which I wouldn’t if I’d been consciously dieting!)

Reactions: 4
3 weeks in and I have not lost any weight this week, although my waist has lost a few cm, and I feel my body isnt as swollen and inflammed. I'm putting that down to a lack of interest in junk food, this has also cut my shopping bill down.

I do feel constipated and sick though on 0.25 so worried how I will feel at 0.5 dose. The website I ordered are going to send something for constipation and nausea as part of the prescription so hopefully that will help.

I've ordered the next injection from mylondonpharmacy for 130 pounds as the price at mybmi is 160 pounds after the initial discount they gave. Also 5 pounds off with code 5OFF which pays for the postage.

Edit to add, I lost 3pounds last week, nothing this week so a total of 7 pounds since I started. I will increase the dose to 0.5 and maybe that will help. I have a long way to go but happy to lost even a pound a week.

Last edited:
Spoke to my GP this week (ah listen I am a nightmare patient as I have MS & we are at the start of surrogacy also) as I am unhappy with my weight and Saxenda or Ozempic are not options for me. She said other meds are being trialled also and hoping in Jan there might be a trial weight loss drug for people with neurological issues.

Those of you who have travelled while using Saxenda, what do you do with your used needles while away? I don’t really fancy the idea of travelling and trekking around a big city carrying my half full sharps box in my bag for 2 of the days I’m away, but also not sure about carrying used needles around with me. Where do you put them?

Those of you who have travelled while using Saxenda, what do you do with your used needles while away? I don’t really fancy the idea of travelling and trekking around a big city carrying my half full sharps box in my bag for 2 of the days I’m away, but also not sure about carrying used needles around with me. Where do you put them?
I'd put them in a small tupperware box or similar, like the tiny ones. Then put them in the sharps bin when you're back.

Reactions: 2
I have bitten the bullet and ordered 5 pens. After yet another holiday where I've been in pain, having to sit constantly when out walking and physically killing myself to keep up with my family I know I need to do something.

My BMI is scarily high and I end up caught in a cycle of calorie counting and cutting down (not even that low as for my weight I still get a decent amount of calories per day) then finding myself so hungry that I eat a load of rubbish in the evening. To not be thinking of food constantly or having that feeling of needing to eat sounds amazing so I'm hopeful it'll work for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just a heads up to anyone if they need to order, I know it’s not as cheap as boots or Asda but I ordered from Chemist4u yesterday and my pens arrived today so just under 24 hours! I used boots with the discount before but it took days for them to agree the order and then a further 4 days for them to get in store and then there was a mix up where they said I’d already collected them! Much prefer just getting them delivered it’s always been really quick with Chemist4u and they send loads of needles if you like to stick to a lower dose.

I’ve been back on sax since June and barely lost anything (at least I’ve not gained)! It’s my fault as my head wasn’t really in it and I stayed on a low dose which didn’t work for me like it did the first time. Finally upped to 1.8 on Monday and feeling the change again so hopefully I can stay on this dose for a while. I’m 5 stone lighter than I was a couple of years ago and I’ve lost 3 stone on sax in the last year. Lost just over 2 stone when I first started it and then 10lb back in June/july when I restarted. Really need to shift at least another 2 stone but it’s so slow even on sax for me. I’d love to lose 3 more stone to get back to what I was at my happy weight (10 stone) but I just don’t know if it’s realistic anymore and I think loose skin would be an issue. I never regained any weight when I came off even for months so I have good faith I won’t regain this weight.

the only things I don’t like about saxenda is the heartburn and not being able to use the toilet regularly, has anyone found a solution for this that’s not laxatives?
Dried apple slices from Tesco, soak a handful in boiling water for 19 minutes. Magical and natural remedy to keep you regular x

I've just completed my online questions with Boots, so hopefully I can join you all on this journey. A couple of people mentioned cancer risks here? I haven't read about that anywhere, can anyone tell me more?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.