Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been on ozempic since May. Little bit of nausea over the first few weeks, couple days of the eggy burps but overall found it very tolerable with almost zero side effects now. If I start getting a hint of queasiness now it's usually a sign I've gone too long without eating amd once I eat it disappears immediately.

Weight loss has been slow but steady. I did increase the doses more slowly than usual as I ran out of a prescription and had to ration my pen. I've lost over 12kg which I'm happy with, especially since my diet could be a lot better. I'm full quicker, satisfied for longer, and think about food far far less. The ability to think rationally about food without a constant desire to eat is the most satisfying part for me. Several times I've had a craving so purchased the item but by that stage the craving has passed and the food has sat in my kitchen for days or weeks until the craving hits again.

I like that it doesn't totally override natural fluctuations in diet. I still have days I'm more or less hungry. I'm due my period tomorrow and total I could not be filled and ate way more than usual. The first couple months I panicked on these days thinking it had stopped working but now I recognise the pattern.
Where do you get in from & how long does a pen last?

Reactions: 1
I made the move to Ozempic at the weekend, didn’t start on 0.25 as I was already at 3 on Sax so went for 0.5 instead. Wish I’d gone in straight at 1 as I feel it’s doing absolutely nothing. Was absolutely starving all day yesterday was nearly in tears over it and sent myself to bed at 9pm just to get away from the fridge. Wish I’d stuck with Sax

Reactions: 2
I started on 0.25 and didn’t have any effects or weightloss. I went up to 0.5 and have noticed a difference.

Where do you get in from & how long does a pen last?
I'm in Ireland so just using local pharmacy. Each pen is for 4 doses/4 weeks.

I made the move to Ozempic at the weekend, didn’t start on 0.25 as I was already at 3 on Sax so went for 0.5 instead. Wish I’d gone in straight at 1 as I feel it’s doing absolutely nothing. Was absolutely starving all day yesterday was nearly in tears over it and sent myself to bed at 9pm just to get away from the fridge. Wish I’d stuck with Sax
Would you give another 0.5 top-up?

Has anyone got ozempic in the UK from an online pharmacy?
my-bmi.co.uk with discount code Starter30 which got it down to about 130 pounds.

I decided against Saxenda as I will probably forget to inject daily and Ozempic is a weekly injection. I started this week and have seen an immediate reduction in my appetite, which is a first for me.

Side effects so far are feeling naueous, similiar to very early morning sickness, and constipation but not terrible.

Too early to tell how much I've lost, I'll weigh-in weekly to track my progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’ve been on saxenda for two weeks and lost 6lbs so far.
However this week has had to be a hit stop start because I’ve had the worst period pain and nausea anyway so to add saxenda on top of that 🤮
Although I should be going up to 1.8 I’m sticking to 1.2 until next week

the only side effect is feeling queasy like sea sickness

my-bmi.co.uk with discount code Starter30 which got it down to about 130 pounds.

I decided against Saxenda as I will probably forget to inject daily and Ozempic is a weekly injection. I started this week and have seen an immediate reduction in my appetite, which is a first for me.

Side effects so far are feeling naueous, similiar to very early morning sickness, and constipation but not terrible.

Too early to tell how much I've lost, I'll weigh-in weekly to track my progress.
Thanks, I have a pen on order but will keep this in mind for my next one

Reactions: 3
Advice needed please 🙏🏻

I started on a Friday, so that's the day my dose increases and I've just gone up to 2.4

However, I've noticed that on Sundays I feel really rough with a bad headache and nausea, and by Wednesday I'm fine.

I'm thinking this is directly linked to Saxenda, has anyone else experienced this? How did you manage it? Do I go back to 1.8 or stay on 2.4 but not increase to 3.

Thanks x

Advice needed please 🙏🏻

I started on a Friday, so that's the day my dose increases and I've just gone up to 2.4

However, I've noticed that on Sundays I feel really rough with a bad headache and nausea, and by Wednesday I'm fine.

I'm thinking this is directly linked to Saxenda, has anyone else experienced this? How did you manage it? Do I go back to 1.8 or stay on 2.4 but not increase to 3.

Thanks x
I can’t get past 1.8 and it took me a wee bit to get there as well, I’ve felt bloody horrendous on it. So sick!

Advice needed please 🙏🏻

Thanks x
I just push through as the sickness only lasts a day or two. It’s definitely harder between 1.2 and 2.4. Once I got to 2.4 the jump to 3 was fine. I stopped for a couple of weeks so now working my way back up and have felt pretty rotten all weekend.

Thanks for your replies, the nausea as if I've over eaten is kinda constant, which in itself is a pain because I've noticed I'm not going the gym as much. Defo gonna have to weight up (no pun intended) whether it's worth continuing after the 3 pens are up.

Thanks for your replies, the nausea as if I've over eaten is kinda constant, which in itself is a pain because I've noticed I'm not going the gym as much. Defo gonna have to weight up (no pun intended) whether it's worth continuing after the 3 pens are up.
Try sticking at the dose you’re on now and see how you get on. Only increase when you’re starting to get hungry and notice the good side effects wearing off.
2.4 was the roughest dose increase for me - I felt awful for ages. But I’ve been on it a few weeks now, the bad side effects have gone and still don’t need to go to 3 as I’m not hungry and it’s still working as it should.

Monday is my weigh-in day so I am sticking to it despite my injection day being a Wednesday. So far am happy to see I have lost 4 pounds, very pleased with that but more importantly I am not constantly eating, then thinking about food, then eating again, on repeat. This is life changing for me and must be what people who have a good relationships with food are like! We didnt have our usual chinese takeaway this weekend because I just didnt fancy it. I feel I have also cut my food bill by 40% by only buying the basics and skipping all the treats and snacks. Hoping this will offset some of the cost of the injection!

I've only injected once so it won't necessarily be reflective of my side effects in the long term, but the morning sickness feeling subsided after a few days, but I can live with it as in all 3 of my pregnancies I had hyperemesis so in comparision it didn't feel that bad (sorry to anyone else who is suffering).

Main annoying side effect is constipation, can anyone please recommend something to buy over the counter? I've tried eating prunes and drinking loads more water but no joy.

I have tried increasing my protein intake but not much of a meat or chicken eater. I feel like I know what to NOT eat to put on weight, but not so much of the foods I SHOULD be eating to stay healthy.

I'm hoping my decreased appetite will help me re-learn some positive and healthy habits around food and nutrition and they way I think about eating. So far I can see a change in myself which is quite frankly life changing.

I asked my neurologist Friday would there ever be a day he thinks that it might be prescribed for people with a neurological condition like me (I have MS) as I am struggling so much with weight. He said it’s unlikely, especially as some people report a slow down in their bowel movements that really if anything with a muscle wall slows down it would be contraindicated to someone like me who is on meds for my muscle contractures as it is. I also have a colostomy bag. So I’ll have to research some other route. Slimming world before my wedding 6 years ago fucked my head up & I’m just struggling. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Monday is my weigh-in day so I am sticking to it despite my injection day being a Wednesday. So far am happy to see I have lost 4 pounds, very pleased with that but more importantly I am not constantly eating, then thinking about food, then eating again, on repeat. This is life changing for me and must be what people who have a good relationships with food are like! We didnt have our usual chinese takeaway this weekend because I just didnt fancy it. I feel I have also cut my food bill by 40% by only buying the basics and skipping all the treats and snacks. Hoping this will offset some of the cost of the injection!

I've only injected once so it won't necessarily be reflective of my side effects in the long term, but the morning sickness feeling subsided after a few days, but I can live with it as in all 3 of my pregnancies I had hyperemesis so in comparision it didn't feel that bad (sorry to anyone else who is suffering).

Main annoying side effect is constipation, can anyone please recommend something to buy over the counter? I've tried eating prunes and drinking loads more water but no joy.

I have tried increasing my protein intake but not much of a meat or chicken eater. I feel like I know what to NOT eat to put on weight, but not so much of the foods I SHOULD be eating to stay healthy.

I'm hoping my decreased appetite will help me re-learn some positive and healthy habits around food and nutrition and they way I think about eating. So far I can see a change in myself which is quite frankly life changing.
Pulses are a good source of protein as are eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds etc. Pulses are a great addition to any diet, I tend to use them to bulk out any meat dish as I'm not prepared to go Veggie but do want to eat less meat

i started saxenda last monday and yesterday i had lost 6lb, iv had no cravings and only felt slightly hungry on day 2

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.