Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve gone up to 2.4 now because I was starting to feel hungry. But I’m not sure now if it was actual hunger or just because I wasn’t eating enough (2 meals a day and no snacks - toast for breakfast, salad and 2 boiled eggs for lunch or pasta for dinner but never both). Been on 2.4 for about 4 days and feel like crap but going to persevere. If I still feel rubbish by the weekend I’m going to drop back a few clicks.

On a more positive note I’ve had several compliments over the past week about how well I look/how much better I’m looking/how much I’ve lost which has given me a boost.

Reactions: 1
Only a few days but it’s settling down now. I’ve lost 12lbs in three weeks!
That's great, almost worth all the crap!

I’ve gone up to 2.4 now because I was starting to feel hungry. But I’m not sure now if it was actual hunger or just because I wasn’t eating enough (2 meals a day and no snacks - toast for breakfast, salad and 2 boiled eggs for lunch or pasta for dinner but never both). Been on 2.4 for about 4 days and feel like crap but going to persevere. If I still feel rubbish by the weekend I’m going to drop back a few clicks.

On a more positive note I’ve had several compliments over the past week about how well I look/how much better I’m looking/how much I’ve lost which has given me a boost.
It was lack of food that triggered my migraine, I just had no appetite but felt OK. Then I went to the gym and my body just went HELL NO WOMAN! Lesson learned. I just didn't realise how little I had eaten.

Hope you find the right balance, compliments always make things easier I find.

Reactions: 4
I’ve decided to stop it now, lost 3 stone so happy with that. Would like to try and go it alone, I’ll report back on life post saxenda! Going Keto as I’d like to lose a few more lbs

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Week 1 done for me and 5lbs down.
Had absolutely HORRIFIC nausea and vomiting after my 3rd jab so I reduced to 0.3. Appetite seems ok, no huge reduction but I’m more aware of my hunger vs eating for the sake of it.
Going to go back up to 0.6 tomorrow night. I’ve intentionally held off upping again until the weekend as I’m worried about the vomiting again and I’ve had a very busy week work wise!

Reactions: 3
I’m on week 5 and today went up to 3 and had to leave work by 10am as the nausea turned to vomiting and have got the most god awful sulfur indigestion. Not eaten a thing because I feel hideous. Tomorrow back to 2.4!

No luck at the docs , she said they don’t prescribe them 😢 she said she will refer me to a dieticians instead. I know I can buy the pens myself so I am still thinking about it it’s just the price. Has anyone seen anywhere in Ireland that does them at a good enough price don’t think I could afford €250 a month on top of a mortgage and all other costs going through the roof 💔 has anyone tried tablets before that have worked?
I bought Hoodia tablets once, which were an effective appetite suppressant - I think you can buy them online. I still had to work on my comfort eating though, because I can still eat when I am full up, if I’m upset or down.

Second week on Ozempic and I’m down 2lbs. I’m still at the lowest dose. I’m supposed to do another two weeks at this dose. I was thinking of moving up early since I’m already used to the Sax version of the drug.

Reactions: 2
Second week on Ozempic and I’m down 2lbs. I’m still at the lowest dose. I’m supposed to do another two weeks at this dose. I was thinking of moving up early since I’m already used to the Sax version of the drug.
Be interested to hear if you move up quicker. I’ve got my Ozempic ready to roll once I’ve finished my last pen of Sax. Im on 3mg of Sax so was wondering whether I would need to move up the dose of O quicker

Be interested to hear if you move up quicker. I’ve got my Ozempic ready to roll once I’ve finished my last pen of Sax. Im on 3mg of Sax so was wondering whether I would need to move up the dose of O quicker
Today was injection day and I ended up sticking with .25 as I had a few drinks last night and thought I might get worse side effects if I increased.

Hello All

I'm new to this thread and have spent a few days reading all the posts

I finally decided to order from online pharmacy but it was Friday afternoon before bank hol weekend so no news is expected until Tuesday or Wednesday

I have been following SW since March and at first did good but it's so darn hard now. I'm over 40! Previously on antidepressants which seem to see me gain 3 stone ! Off them now and since hitting 40 can't shift a lb without wiring jaw shut!

Managed to loose 1.5 stone since March but I think constantly about food and even after I have eaten I'm hungry like an hour later and its all the time

So I'm awaiting my first order of 2 pens and will commence , fingers crossed no issue

I'm 5ft 9in and have around 2 stone more to loose

I won't be telling SW I am on it as I will still be following their WOE

• Heart
Hello All

I finally decided to order from online pharmacy but it was Friday afternoon before bank hol weekend so no news is expected until Tuesday or Wednesday

I have been following SW since March and at first did good but it's so darn hard now. I'm over 40! Previously on antidepressants which seem to see me gain 3 stone ! Off them now and since hitting 40 can't shift a lb without wiring jaw shut!

Managed to loose 1.5 stone since March but I think constantly about food and even after I have eaten I'm hungry like an hour later and its all the time

So I'm awaiting my first order of 2 pens and will commence , fingers crossed no issue

I think you’ll find Saxenda a massive help with thinking about food constantly, I was like that and now I finally feel free! I’m not constantly thinking of when my next meal or snack is coming. It’s liberating.

Good luck

Hello All

I relate to this so much . Anti depressants mess with your gut health and appetite I think , well they did me anyway . I was never so fixated and insatiable appetite before I was on them . Saxenda will help you so much . It has with me ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m longing for the day one of saxanda or Ozempic are ok’d for MS medication 🫣 I mean weightloss for MS people sorry I made a balls of that

I relate to this so much . Anti depressants mess with your gut health and appetite I think , well they did me anyway . I was never so fixated and insatiable appetite before I was on them . Saxenda will help you so much . It has with me ❤
I'm hoping so! I'm.nervous of SEffects but will pay attention to water intake (currently have 3l a day) just want the constant thought of food due to hunger to do one!

After losing 31 lbs, I’d stalled then gained on Sax, so trying Ozempic.
let us know how you get on with it. I am still losing on sax but have tried to go up to 3mg twice now and each time had absolutely horrendous vomiting and indigestion. At first I found it made me really full quickly now I seem to be able to eat but then get suddenly over full and struggle to digest anything. Probably my greedy nature taking over and trying to eat more than I can handle. Last night was awful I must have been sick nearly 10 times.

Another 2lb loss which takes me to just over 2 stone down in 9 weeks now. Even though I’ve only had 2lb loss this week I think I’ve had bigger non-scale losses. My fat bits feel a lot tighter and less jiggly now and I sometimes struggle to get a bit of fat to pinch to inject. I still have plenty of the stuff 🤣 it just feels a lot less loose and wobbly if that makes sense?

Still struggling at 2.4. I don’t think I’ll be going to 3 any time soon 🤮 reluctant to go back to ‘1.8 + X’ clicks like I’d planned though because I always lose count or forget how many clicks I’ve done the day before.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.