Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for advice please…
I started my jabs on Wednesday evening with a view to losing around 1 1/2 stone.
All seemed ok on Thursday with no symptoms of note.
Did my jab Thursday evening and woke Friday feeling nauseous and with a headache. This gradually worsened over the day with ne being unable to eat anything. I did my jab as usual last night and around an hour later I vomited and continued to vomit for around 12 hours on and off.
I feel slightly better now, a little queasy (kind I’d like a hangover) but I’m unsure if I should do the jab tonight as I felt SO poorly overnight and into today.
Any advice?
Could it be that as I feel a little better now I’m perhaps over the worst of the side effects? I honestly dont think I could have another night / morning like I’ve had.
(On the plus side, I weighed out if interest and im down 5lbs. I know it’s water weight and I’ve vomited A LOT)
Thanks so much for reading.

Reactions: 1
Looking for advice please…
I started my jabs on Wednesday evening with a view to losing around 1 1/2 stone.
All seemed ok on Thursday with no symptoms of note.
Did my jab Thursday evening and woke Friday feeling nauseous and with a headache. This gradually worsened over the day with ne being unable to eat anything. I did my jab as usual last night and around an hour later I vomited and continued to vomit for around 12 hours on and off.
I feel slightly better now, a little queasy (kind I’d like a hangover) but I’m unsure if I should do the jab tonight as I felt SO poorly overnight and into today.
Any advice?
Could it be that as I feel a little better now I’m perhaps over the worst of the side effects? I honestly dont think I could have another night / morning like I’ve had.
(On the plus side, I weighed out if interest and im down 5lbs. I know it’s water weight and I’ve vomited A LOT)
Thanks so much for reading.
Are you still on 0.6? For sickness I would recommend peppermint tea or ginger shots . Or anything with ginger in . Stay on a lower dose as long as poss , I went up as per advised and was too much for me so I cruised on lower dose long as poss

Are you still on 0.6? For sickness I would recommend peppermint tea or ginger shots . Or anything with ginger in . Stay on a lower dose as long as poss , I went up as per advised and was too much for me so I cruised on lower dose long as poss
Still on 0.6. I’ve read on the UK support group on Facebook that injection site can alffect symptoms. I injected in my thigh on Wednesday and tummy Thursday and Friday, wondering if there’s a link?
I’ve seen you can lower the dose too, 3 clicks for a 0.3 dose. I’m tempted to try this as I was so unwell with 0.6.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Still on 0.6. I’ve read on the UK support group on Facebook that injection site can alffect symptoms. I injected in my thigh on Wednesday and tummy Thursday and Friday, wondering if there’s a link?
I’ve seen you can lower the dose too, 3 clicks for a 0.3 dose. I’m tempted to try this as I was so unwell with 0.6.
Hopefully it gets better soon! It find it very interesting how differently it affects people

Well I jabbed this morning and I’ve had headache most of the day and abit of a bubbly tummy 🙁 wasn’t really hungry come 6pm but made sure I ate a little salad and a apple, maybe by tomrorow I’ll notice my appetite drop more

Where is everyone getting their pens cheapest when the boots code no longer works? I’ve tried searching the fb group but every post just says boots! Would rather order 10 if possible to save having to order again in a couple of weeks. Asda weren’t great when I ordered from them last.

Where is everyone getting their pens cheapest when the boots code no longer works? I’ve tried searching the fb group but every post just says boots! Would rather order 10 if possible to save having to order again in a couple of weeks. Asda weren’t great when I ordered from them last.
Simple online pharmacy is reasonable

I’ve ordered with Asda, they seemed the cheapest to me and I got a load of needles and grey bag

I’ve ordered with Asda, they seemed the cheapest to me and I got a load of needles and grey bag
I ordered from Asda last time but I wasn’t impressed with them. It took 2.5 weeks from ordering to delivery. They asked for more info which I sent, they ignored it for days at a time. I found the service really shoddy which is a shame as they are that little bit cheaper. It’s good to hear it could have been bad luck and you had better service though.

I went with Simple Online Pharmacy instead and got 10 pens. I’m hoping that will be my last purchase but we will see how it goes.

• Heart
Simple online pharmacy is reasonable
Thank you for this recommendation. They’ve been by far my easiest purchase of Saxenda. No additional questions or info needed, approved and dispatched by 10am after ordering yesterday evening. Polar opposite of both Boots and Asda pharmacies!

Well I can deffo feel the appetite loss today I’ve been up since about 6 and not felt hungry at all worked 10-7 had a apple and banana just to make sure something was going in and now my belly is going abit nuts… hopefully see a loss soon

Hi all.
Picked up my pens today ready to start tonight.
I’m a little nervous as I’ve read about the side effects but I guess I’ll never know til I start!
My question is, is the the weight loss slower if you have less to lose?! I would ideally like to lose around 2 stone and and was hoping it would be a steady drop. I can see some have lost +++ in the first weeks and others a little bit slower.
Are there any tips / advice / avoids that people are happy to share?
Thanks so much!
I started at 194 lbs. Its taken 17 weeks to loose 30 lbs. I was on a foreign holiday and have had some big occasions where I've eaten out. It's slow bit I am so delighted now. People are noticing and fitting back into clothes

Reactions: 6
So last night was my weigh in at slimming world - only started the pen on Saturday and have ate hardly anything in comparison to what I ate before and I’ve lost 4 pounds

Reactions: 5
I have just ordered first time from boots, I may have lied a bit as I’m just under the recommended weight.
when I’m picking it up from boots will they check my weight etc 😂 or is it just a normal hand it over kind of thing ?

I have just ordered first time from boots, I may have lied a bit as I’m just under the recommended weight.
when I’m picking it up from boots will they check my weight etc 😂 or is it just a normal hand it over kind of thing ?
I doubt they’d question you, it probably won’t have been them who filled the prescription so they won’t know the ins and outs

Well first week is done. At the start I really felt a reduction in appetite but then I had a migraine which lasted 2 days, and now I feel no different to before. Oh and I've lost 1lb 😐

Tomorrow I start on the upped dose of 1.2, anyone wanna share how they felt after the first increase?

Well first week is done. At the start I really felt a reduction in appetite but then I had a migraine which lasted 2 days, and now I feel no different to before. Oh and I've lost 1lb 😐

Tomorrow I start on the upped dose of 1.2, anyone wanna share how they felt after the first increase?
I was fine going to 1.2 but have felt like death since upping to 1.8!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.