Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another 2lb loss which takes me to just over 2 stone down in 9 weeks now. Even though I’ve only had 2lb loss this week I think I’ve had bigger non-scale losses. My fat bits feel a lot tighter and less jiggly now and I sometimes struggle to get a bit of fat to pinch to inject. I still have plenty of the stuff 🤣 it just feels a lot less loose and wobbly if that makes sense?

Still struggling at 2.4. I don’t think I’ll be going to 3 any time soon 🤮 reluctant to go back to ‘1.8 + X’ clicks like I’d planned though because I always lose count or forget how many clicks I’ve done the day before.
Thats incredible, well done! Must be a good feeling to feel your body changing rather than just numbers on the scales… always a good motivator!

I still can’t get up to the 1.8, been so bloody sick on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes it definitely helps. I’ve had to order new uniform for work as my trousers were so loose I was starting to look like a clown and flashing my knickers like I was a teenage boy 😂 I lost loads really quickly on keto once before but this feels different, it feels much more maintainable doing it slower and noticing the changes in my body rather than just the sudden drops I was seeing on keto. Feeling very positive about it all.

If 1.2 or 1.2 + clicks is working for you don’t rush up to 1.8. Slower steps might help reduce the nausea until you get there too. Going to 2.4 has been awful for me 🤮

let us know how you get on with it. I am still losing on sax but have tried to go up to 3mg twice now and each time had absolutely horrendous vomiting and indigestion. At first I found it made me really full quickly now I seem to be able to eat but then get suddenly over full and struggle to digest anything. Probably my greedy nature taking over and trying to eat more than I can handle. Last night was awful I must have been sick nearly 10 times.
If you’re losing at the lower dose, don’t bother going up. It’ll be cheaper too.

Reactions: 3
I have just started mine today I’m so scared incase I get side effects 😂 did anyone have them with the first dosage? Also how long for the feeling of fullness to kick in as I’m constantly thinking about food 😂 everyone’s results on here are amazing 🤩

I have just started mine today I’m so scared incase I get side effects 😂 did anyone have them with the first dosage? Also how long for the feeling of fullness to kick in as I’m constantly thinking about food 😂 everyone’s results on here are amazing 🤩
I was bleeping ILL for the first couple of days. Make sure you eat even if you don’t feel hungry… I feel worse when I’ve not eaten.

From about 20hrs in I was sick so had no appetite but once sickness stopped I never felt that hungry… maybe an “oh I’m a wee bit peckish” but not starving or thinking about food.

I'm on 1.2 around 5 days and I'm really hungry. What the hell is wrong with me. Did great the first week or two but hunger has definitely returned. I'm going to try increase I guess but not to 1.8 as scared of side effects so might try 1.2 plus a few clicks tomorrow morning. Any advice?

I just can’t be doing with Saxenda, the abdo pain it gives me is killer. Pancreatitis, is that you? 🙃

I’ve been told by the dietetics team that it’s not going to be available on the NHS until Jan/Feb. Is that throughout England and Wales or just my areas?

Reactions: 2
I was bleeping ILL for the first couple of days. Make sure you eat even if you don’t feel hungry… I feel worse when I’ve not eaten.

From about 20hrs in I was sick so had no appetite but once sickness stopped I never felt that hungry… maybe an “oh I’m a wee bit peckish” but not starving or thinking about food.
so I had a severe watery mouth the full night 😂 but today I definitely don’t feel hungry surely it’s not that quick 😂 sometimes I think it’s all in the head !

Reactions: 1
I relate to this so much . Anti depressants mess with your gut health and appetite I think , well they did me anyway . I was never so fixated and insatiable appetite before I was on them . Saxenda will help you so much . It has with me ❤
I was on Sertraline but since weaning off it - and feeling so much happier after a long period of clinical depression - I’ve found my relationship with food has improved. Before, I was almost constantly hungry or thinking about my next meal. I had no idea any depressants can have this effect!!

I relate to this so much . Anti depressants mess with your gut health and appetite I think , well they did me anyway . I was never so fixated and insatiable appetite before I was on them . Saxenda will help you so much . It has with me ❤
Sorry to derail..

Just wondering have you found anything to help with your gut health.? The alflorex are meant to be good but too expensive for me at the min .

Apologies for derailing 💛

Sorry to derail..

Just wondering have you found anything to help with your gut health.? The alflorex are meant to be good but too expensive for me at the min .

Check out Kefir milk. It's live grains / bacteria that you add to milk which makes a Yogurt similar to natural yogurt. Very easy to do, and there are lots of other ways too.

• Heart
Check out Kefir milk. It's live grains / bacteria that you add to milk which makes a Yogurt similar to natural yogurt. Very easy to do, and there are lots of other ways too.
My dietician recommended this when I started Saxenda

• Heart
Sorry to derail..

Was about to mention kefir as well but the above mentioned it ❤ I was told about symprove but didn’t go for it as can cause weight gain in some people and was like NOPE not for me lol

I was on Sertraline but since weaning off it - and feeling so much happier after a long period of clinical depression - I’ve found my relationship with food has improved. Before, I was almost constantly hungry or thinking about my next meal. I had no idea any depressants can have this effect!!
Yeah same !! It’s insane the difference you feel about food when you come off anti depressants , it’s very clever how it’s all connected

• Heart
Morning all

Delivery comes today
Should I start tonight or tomorrow morning?
Scared of SE but here's hoping
Great thread very informative first hand from u all thanks for sharing

Morning all

Delivery comes today
Should I start tonight or tomorrow morning?
Scared of SE but here's hoping
Great thread very informative first hand from u all thanks for sharing
Totally up to you, I think most people do it in the morning but whatever you think will work best for your lifestyle. Best of luck, any queries just ask on here.

Reactions: 1
I inject in evening so if I have side effects then I know I’m home and can feel rubbish at home lol but so far ....no side effects . Am on 1.8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.