Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The 140 is for ozempic is it not? Saxenda us 249 for 5 pens, each pen lasts 6 days on fill dose
sorry ozempic is the only one I could give figures on for definitely. However its worth considering too. 2 stone down and not on point with diet. Another stone and I'm at goal. Had years of failed dieting and a lifetime of yoyo. This is a game changer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thanks, I received confirmation Monday so fingers crossed for Friday then. Did the in branch pharmacist say anything when you collected them?

Bugger! Hope SD come through for you. Do you have any idea why Boots declined?
No, I was a bit worried the guy would interrogate me 🤣 but he just asked if this was this a repeat prescription and he told me the pens needed to be refrigerated (the sharps box and needles were in a big brown bag and the pens were just in their box with saxenda clearly on it so if you’re not wanting anyone to see maybe take a big enough handbag or carrier bag to put them in). Good luck!

No, I was a bit worried the guy would interrogate me 🤣 but he just asked if this was this a repeat prescription and he told me the pens needed to be refrigerated (the sharps box and needles were in a big brown bag and the pens were just in their box with saxenda clearly on it so if you’re not wanting anyone to see maybe take a big enough handbag or carrier bag to put them in). Good luck!
Haha that was what I was thinking.

Thanks, fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Reactions: 1
Hi all.
Picked up my pens today ready to start tonight.
I’m a little nervous as I’ve read about the side effects but I guess I’ll never know til I start!
My question is, is the the weight loss slower if you have less to lose?! I would ideally like to lose around 2 stone and and was hoping it would be a steady drop. I can see some have lost +++ in the first weeks and others a little bit slower.
Are there any tips / advice / avoids that people are happy to share?
Thanks so much!

Hi all.
I’m a little nervous as I’ve read about the side effects but I guess I’ll never know til I start!
My question is, is the the weight loss slower if you have less to lose?! I would ideally like to lose around 2 stone and and was hoping it would be a steady drop. I can see some have lost +++ in the first weeks and others a little bit slower.
Thanks so much!
I was nervous about the side effects too but all I’ve had is a dry mouth and metallic taste in my mouth. I have felt a bit hot and sweaty the past couple of days but it passes. I just drink lots of water and sugar free squash and seem to feel ok. From reading this thread I’ve decided I’m avoiding alcohol, anything too fatty or carb heavy and trying to listen to my body and stop eating even if it is already a small portion. I’m not sure about rate of weight loss depending how much you have to lose. I carry lots of fluid so I usually use a lot of water weight the first week of a diet anyway, so I think it probably just depends on the individual.

Reactions: 2
Hi all.
Thanks so much!
I have between 1.5-2stone to lose and so far have lost 8lbs in 6 weeks. My friend has just started and has about 4 stone to lose and she lost 10lbs in 10 days.

Has anyone had it prescribed in Scotland? I meet eligibility criteria...well over BMI of 30 plus have a comorbidity but not sure if it's something GP's are prescribing here or if it's referred onto someone else. The information leaflet I read from the Scottish Medicines Consortium just says "if your health professional thinks this is the right medicine for you, you should be able to have the treatment on the NHS". I'm going to phone my GP and get an appointment to speak to the decent one but be good to know the odds of actually getting it! I certainly can't justify the private prices.

Has anyone had it prescribed in Scotland? I meet eligibility criteria...well over BMI of 30 plus have a comorbidity but not sure if it's something GP's are prescribing here or if it's referred onto someone else. The information leaflet I read from the Scottish Medicines Consortium just says "if your health professional thinks this is the right medicine for you, you should be able to have the treatment on the NHS". I'm going to phone my GP and get an appointment to speak to the decent one but be good to know the odds of actually getting it! I certainly can't justify the private prices.
Would be interested to hear how you get on. At this point in time I can’t even get past the receptionists to speak to a GP without offering a human sacrifice!

I’m in Scotland but had to pay for it from Boots unfortunately.

I’m in Scotland but had to pay for it from Boots unfortunately.
Did GP say no?

Would be interested to hear how you get on. At this point in time I can’t even get past the receptionists to speak to a GP without offering a human sacrifice!
Thankfully my surgery are pretty decent. You do need to tell the receptionist why you're calling which annoys me but I'm suitably vague and happy with a telephone call most of the time which makes it a bit easier. I'll probably try and get an appointment next week as I'm not working so easier to answer the phone.

Don’t overthink it. I promise you don’t even feel it 99% of the time. And on the rare occasion you do feel it it’s just a tiny pinch sensation rather than actual pain 😊

• Heart
Don’t overthink it. I promise you don’t even feel it 99% of the time. And on the rare occasion you do feel it it’s just a tiny pinch sensation rather than actual pain 😊
This, it's something you just have to do. Breathe in, and jab when breathing out 💖 you've got this 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.