Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve ordered some with the offer, just waiting for it to be approved 🤞🤞🤞

2nd day on 1.8 and feel really blurgh, feel sick and tired but eating so much less so happy - very conflicting 😂

Reactions: 1
I'm not really complaining. Feel great in myself. I probably was top end of an 18 and now comfie in a 16

Reactions: 2
I might be being really stupid but going to ask

I was doing well , then stopped, doing well then stopped. Started again as the last pen finished.
Once I get to 3.0 on a pen and it runs out, on the new pen am I meant to be starting a new pen still in 3.0 or back to 0.6 and up again? Apologies if I’m being really thick

I might be being really stupid but going to ask

I was doing well , then stopped, doing well then stopped. Started again as the last pen finished.
Once I get to 3.0 on a pen and it runs out, on the new pen am I meant to be starting a new pen still in 3.0 or back to 0.6 and up again? Apologies if I’m being really thick
There’s never a stupid question! You stay on 3 😊

My order got approved woo! Chuffed managed to get it so cheaply, always get a bit worried boots won’t accept my order for some reason 😅

Edit sorry ignore me, didn’t read your comment properly, If you’ve been off 3 days you need to start from 0.6

Ozempic is a once weekly injection and Saxenda is daily. Ozempic is around £100 cheaper at full doses.

I lost 31 pounds on Saxenda then had a 6 month plateau. I stopped it and started Ozempic. I’ve lost 8 lbs very slowly in 3 months, but the first 2 months are the lower doses. Many people don’t lose anything until the highest dose. I’m positive it will work well. In any case the weekly injections are more convenient.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Found this thread after having a moan on another thread!
Hi! 🙋‍♀️
Does anyone have advice about saxenda and the NHS? I knows someone mentioned the Facebook group but I don't have FB anymore (so bad for my MH).
I had a phone call with my GP who said no and hung up. I've emailed a complaint to the practice manager, not because of the "no", but because his attitude was awful. He didn't ask any of the criteria (I think I meet all of them) just that it's only available on the NHS for diabetics then put the phone down.
Can any of you lovely people tell me if I'm wasting my time pushing for this?

• Wow
I thought I was having a plateau but looking at last month am down 7 lbs. I still have a bmi of 26.5 grrrr. I am comfie in my own skin at 11 stone. Clothes fit again. What are people doing to try and tone up. My mum tum and boobs are a scary sight

Found this thread after having a moan on another thread!
Hi! 🙋‍♀️
Does anyone have advice about saxenda and the NHS? I knows someone mentioned the Facebook group but I don't have FB anymore (so bad for my MH).
I had a phone call with my GP who said no and hung up. I've emailed a complaint to the practice manager, not because of the "no", but because his attitude was awful. He didn't ask any of the criteria (I think I meet all of them) just that it's only available on the NHS for diabetics then put the phone down.
Can any of you lovely people tell me if I'm wasting my time pushing for this?
You'd have to be referred to tier4 weight management. Which criteria do you think you meet? As you could try and get another Dr to refer you if so. Weight list for tier 4 massive I think. And yeh think it's only pre diabetic and maybe 1 other condition they'll prescribe it for. I tried all sorts with my Dr turning on the waterworks all sorts it was still no lol

I can’t get the code to work. You don’t happen to have another do you? Thanks
Hm that’s strange, It seems like a generic code but perhaps it’s only if you’ve ordered previously through them? Have you used boots before? I think there’s one that’s welcome20 or 10 when I first ordered but that was about 6 months ago

I meant to add I’ve finally broken through my previous lowest weight woo! Half a stone until the next stone bracket and I’m hopeful! We don’t have too many social engagements coming up which makes things easier. All the sickness makes it worth it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I meant to add I’ve finally broken through my previous lowest weight woo! Half a stone until the next stone bracket and I’m hopeful! We don’t have too many social engagements coming up which makes things easier. All the sickness makes it worth it 😂
Well done.

I'm at my target that I started off at but now wondering do I keep pushing another 7 lbs

• Heart
You'd have to be referred to tier4 weight management. Which criteria do you think you meet? As you could try and get another Dr to refer you if so. Weight list for tier 4 massive I think. And yeh think it's only pre diabetic and maybe 1 other condition they'll prescribe it for. I tried all sorts with my Dr turning on the waterworks all sorts it was still no lol
I thought tier 4 was referral for bariatric surgery? (Im probably wrong lol) Which I was offered! But can't have.
The criteria from NHS website is BMI over 35✔ (so embarrassed to admit), hyperglycemia ✔ (pre covid not had a blood test since then so might have changed), hypertension - this is the one I'm not sure on, i don't have high blood pressure but have a family history of. The doctor who I spoke to didn't actually ask any of this, which is really dismissive.
I just don't know if I've the energy to fight for it, if it leads to nothing. I feel embarrassed enough as it is😳

I have just had a major panic. Rang for my perscription and for the first time ever told none in stock. Was a bit peed at pharmacist too as they've had 6 months payment (not on drug relief scheme) and was no help didn't offer any advice on where to source or when they'd have it. Its my first time to run into this issue. Seems to be really short on supply tg got one in next town over - found it on 5th phone call. Didn't even ask price. Talk about having my security blanket taken away - am still shaking. Wondering should I titrate down to make this pen last a bit longer. Just wondering what other Irish users are experiencing.

I thought tier 4 was referral for bariatric surgery? (Im probably wrong lol) Which I was offered! But can't have.
The criteria from NHS website is BMI over 35✔ (so embarrassed to admit), hyperglycemia ✔ (pre covid not had a blood test since then so might have changed), hypertension - this is the one I'm not sure on, i don't have high blood pressure but have a family history of. The doctor who I spoke to didn't actually ask any of this, which is really dismissive.
I just don't know if I've the energy to fight for it, if it leads to nothing. I feel embarrassed enough as it is😳
Get a second opinion Hun. Seems like you fit NHS criteria. Just kick off whats the worst they can do say no. Mention you were offered bariatric but want this instead

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.