Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone ,sorry if this has been asked before ,
I am on week 2 of 0.5 of Wegovy , I started on 0.25 and done my four weeks , I have lost approx one stone , since last week my weight loss has stopped , and I can feel myself starting to snack aimlessly again I had gone totally off coffee , and now am craving it again , basically I feel it’s not working ,
My gp has told me it would take going up to 1.0 to see real effects,
Has this happened anyone?
for note I inject on Wednesday usually in my stomach . Last week I went to the thigh, dunno if that made a difference

Hi everyone ,sorry if this has been asked before ,
I am on week 2 of 0.5 of Wegovy , I started on 0.25 and done my four weeks , I have lost approx one stone , since last week my weight loss has stopped , and I can feel myself starting to snack aimlessly again I had gone totally off coffee , and now am craving it again , basically I feel it’s not working ,
My gp has told me it would take going up to 1.0 to see real effects,
Has this happened anyone?
for note I inject on Wednesday usually in my stomach . Last week I went to the thigh, dunno if that made a difference
0.25 is the starting dose to get your body used to the medication. Your GP is right.

Reactions: 3
Asda out of stock of 2.5 & 5 😅.

Is it easy enough to get prescribed elsewhere? my BMI was 32 but it's 28 now and I'm desperate for the 5 because 2.5 has stopped working

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Try cloud pharmacy. I’ve just switched to them from another one at bmi 26. It was very straightforward.

I have just taken my 1st injection 🤞
I hope it doesn’t effect my sleep as I’m not a very good sleeper anyway.

Reactions: 2
I’m expecting a delivery of Mounjaro tomorrow 😀 I took Ozempic Monday when should I take Mounjaro?
Asda are saying wait 5 weeks wait,

Is it easy enough to get prescribed elsewhere? my BMI was 32 but it's 28 now and I'm desperate for the 5 because 2.5 has stopped working
I just got a refund, still waiting for explanation 😑 🙄 😐

• Wow

I'm trying to switch to Med Express but had to answer extra questions, resubmit photo, give gp address even though I had already filled it in and now they have gone quiet on me 🤷‍♀️ I'll need to call later as if they decline me then I need to order from existing place.

Asda have changed their deliveries to DPD - just had a driver saying no one in for delivery - I was as I was looking out for him. Just spoken to Asda and they are really helpful but have told me that this is their delivery service from now on. I shall have to stop buying from them as DPD are so unreliable where I am in my office - out in the country. I had no problems for months with the postman.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Asda have changed their deliveries to DPD - just had a driver saying no one in for delivery - I was as I was looking out for him. Just spoken to Asda and they are really helpful but have told me that this is their delivery service from now on. I shall have to stop buying from them as DPD are so unreliable where I am in my office - out in the country. I had no problems for months with the postman.
Our current dpd guy just dumps packages all over the town so I'd have to switch too.

• Sad
Oh I know he is right , but I feel the starting doses were working , but now it’s not working
you will have stall weeks. Its a marathon not a sprint unfortunately. I was a slow looser but got there eventually. Had my review yesterday which in ireland is just yeah how is it going. How is supply and yip 1 mg is the max and well done you lost 25% of your starting weight which outperformed what we though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Asda are saying wait 5 weeks wait,

I just got a refund, still waiting for explanation 😑 🙄 😐
It's so bizarre because the website says it's readily available for new and returning customers.
---
I'm trying to switch to Med Express but had to answer extra questions, resubmit photo, give gp address even though I had already filled it in and now they have gone quiet on me 🤷‍♀️ I'll need to call later as if they decline me then I need to order from existing place.
Holding my breath waiting to hear how you get on ... I think I can scrape 2 weeks if I use the extra dose but 2.5 just isn't working for me anymore

• Sad
An update from me almost a year in at this point - my first Semaglutide (Ozempic/Wegovy) dose was 4/6/23. This morning I am now 30.5kg/67.2lbs down. When I started my BMI was 38.6, and I am now at 28.7. I still have around 10kg/22lbs I'd like to lose.

Also, some great news for cardiovascular health from a long term trial Novo Nordisk has been conducting: https://www.reuters.com/business/he...our-years-trial-novo-nordisk-says-2024-05-13/

The article also mentions patients in their trial sustained their weight loss after 4 years while continuing to take the medication, which this article explains more clearly: https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Wellness...ay-weight-loss-drug-wegovy/story?id=110401021

I'm definitely keen to see more research about maintenance once off the medication in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Took my first Mounjaro last Friday and for the last couple of days have had a persistent niggly pain in my left side, quite low down. I’m fairly sure it’s trapped wind or similar but is there anything concerning I should be worried about?

Took my first Mounjaro last Friday and for the last couple of days have had a persistent niggly pain in my left side, quite low down. I’m fairly sure it’s trapped wind or similar but is there anything concerning I should be worried about?
Is is under your rib? I got this early doors. It did go and I think it was my body clearing out as it affects how you pancreases works.

It's been 4 days since my last dose and I thought the appetite suppression had worn off a bit this week... But I've just got the ick about ham. And about everything else in M&S (very unlike me). Very odd!

Waiting on Simple Online Pharmacy to approve my next 2.5mg... Will let you know if they're quicker/have them readily available!

• Heart
Hi everyone!
My very first Mounjaro order is on it's way to me, I got it from MedExpress. Do you guys have any tips for me as to what I should/shouldn't be doing once I start?