Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s everyone’s meal plans/ideas?
I’m not sure what I should, could and can be eating.
I’m a major snacker and I’m hoping this stops me.
I’m also a big fat potato (all I eat is potato 😂.. carbs and that)

Reactions: 3
I’m just winging it too!

Saturday - B - 1 slice sourdough toast
L - a protein thin bagel with chicken and salad
D - half a steak, salad, a few sweet potato fries

Sunday - B - home made smoothie with collagen powder
L - less than half a steak, salad
Snack - grapes
D - 2 tiny slices of vegan pizza (just sauce and veg)

Monday - B - strawberries with high protein soya yogurt and a sprinkle of gut health granola
L - a tiny bit of chicken and salad
Snack - grapes
D - small amount of curry and rice, green beans

today I’ve had strawberries etc as above for breakfast and am just having a protein thin bagel with tuna anc lettuce.
Dinner is going to be baked fish, new potatoes and veg
Not sure if I’ll have a snack as I’ve run out of fruit - shopping day tomorrow 🤣

my hunger is definitely growing as I’m half way between the first and second injection.

Reactions: 4
Hi everyone! Am just about to have my last dose of my first 2.5mg Mounjaro pen, and needing to order the next one. Luckily I’ve had pretty much zero side effects at all, and have lost about 4.3kg since starting just over 3 weeks ago. I usually just have lunch and dinner only anyway, and usually start feeling slightly hungry around lunch time but the amount I am able to eat has gone way down like I would say less than half of my usual portion size. I’m also feeling like whenever it does come to eat it’s really hard to decide what to have as I know I need to try and get as much protein and fibre in as possible, but no food is really appealing at all when I think of what to have.

Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations if I should go up to the 5mg or stay on 2.5mg for now as it seems to be working fine, or if you think it’s best to go up a level to keep the momentum?
I've just taken my 4th dose of the 2.5 this morning and I'll be staying on 2.5, going with the idea that if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
---
I've basically been eating relatively normally, just making sure I'm in my calorie deficit (2100). Some meals I've had....

B - Weetabix / Banana and PB on toast / scrambled egg / poached egg and avocado on toast

L - Mostly sandwiches in some form whether it be bread, sandwich thin, bagel etc but BLT / chicken salad / tuna salad / soup / picnic plates with salad bits, chicken, Boiled egg, seafood sticks etc

D - stir fry / steak, veggies, new pots / nandos fakeaway / chicken, salad, veggie rice / sausage, mash, veg / tuna, Sweetcorn and mayo jacket / homemade cheeseburgers, sweet pot fries

Not overly inspiring, just normal meals. Also have a protein based afternoon snack most days like chicken or seafood sticks

Last edited:
Ooh I’m really hungry today 🙁 I’m scared to eat much for fear of triggering bad side effects. I definitely had decent appetite suppression yesterday and the day before, so not sure what’s happening.
I would recommend maybe adding some high protein snacks in between your meals if you are hungry. Also drink plenty of water!

Reactions: 1
Hi all. I’ve decided to bite the bullet after months of wanting to go on injections. I’ve decided it’s between wegovy and manjaro, I’m just a bit confused why the wegovy starting dose is only 0.25 but the manjaro is 2.5?

I tend to eat a lot of eggs, I love love love scrambled eggs. I have that most days for lunch with salmon or chicken sausages (low cal but high protein). Or a tin of tuna with avocado and cucumber.
Also eat a lot of fish (seabass, mackerel, salmon, haddock) and veggies. I’m not the biggest salad eater prefer veg.
Ive tried to keep things easy and simple because I can’t always be arsed to cook. That was my biggest excuse or reasoning for ordering a take away “everything takes too long to cook” 🤣
---
Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations if I should go up to the 5mg or stay on 2.5mg for now as it seems to be working fine, or if you think it’s best to go up a level to keep the momentum?
If the 2.5mg is working, I’d stay on it. I stayed on it for a second month before moving up to 5mg

Newbie to all of this. After having my second and final baby 12 weeks ago I am disgusted at my body.
I’ve just ordered Mounjaro via med express and awaiting to see if they’ll prescribe. I’m 5 ft 2 and 79kg.
Any help, tips, advice. Generally just need a couple pals to help me do this. Realistically I have 3 stone I’d like to lose, but I know if the first month doesn’t generate a loss for me, I will give up 😫
I’ve ordered now in the hopes it arrives by June so I can start my journey in June.
I’ve also just came across a girl on tiktok who has lost weight & toned up considerably doing 20k steps for a month. So I aim to do plenty walking alongside Mounjaro, what’s everyone’s thoughts, opinions and results in 4 weeks?
Don't be so hard on yourself. You grew 2 humans and 12 weeks is very soon.

Its when you have a teenager and are still carrying the baby weight it becomes funny - I wear that T shirt!!! Best of luck!

Reactions: 5
Does anyone have any discount codes for Medexpress please? Also on fourth injection of 2.5mg but have noticed wanting to snack/eat more and have only lost 3kgs which makes me feel a bit sad. Dont know whether to stay on 2.5mg or increase to 5mg as a bit scared of the effects of stepping up?

Does anyone have any discount codes for Medexpress please? Also on fourth injection of 2.5mg but have noticed wanting to snack/eat more and have only lost 3kgs which makes me feel a bit sad. Dont know whether to stay on 2.5mg or increase to 5mg as a bit scared of the effects of stepping up?
I believe Consult-bloom is still an active discount code

Thank you, just tried that and it says
  • This discount cannot be used with this product
thank you though x
Just had a quick nosey and seems all their active codes finished yesterday 😕 as a last ditch attempt, try MED10P and MED20P. They nearly always have codes, so if you're able to hang on a couple of days, may be worth it

Just had a quick nosey and seems all their active codes finished yesterday 😕 as a last ditch attempt, try MED10P and MED20P. They nearly always have codes, so if you're able to hang on a couple of days, may be worth it
Ah bless you! Thank you MED10P Works and removes £15!! Thank you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How long does it take your body to get used to so few calories? I have had relatively decent appetite suppression/feeling full quickly (though no food noise reduction yet on 2.5) so I’m eating a lot less than I normally would. I have mostly been at home over the weekend so felt ok but am out and about today and keep feeling really faint and unwell. I’m just forcing down a banana blended with high protein yogurt to see if it helps. I’m also having (sorry for TMI) a really heavy period which I never normally have as I’ve got the Mirena coil, and I’m wondering if this is due to the jab too.
---
How long does it take your body to get used to so few calories? I have had relatively decent appetite suppression/feeling full quickly (though no food noise reduction yet on 2.5) so I’m eating a lot less than I normally would. I have mostly been at home over the weekend so felt ok but am out and about today and keep feeling really faint and unwell. I’m just forcing down a banana blended with high protein yogurt to see if it helps. I’m also having (sorry for TMI) a really heavy period which I never normally have as I’ve got the Mirena coil, and I’m wondering if this is due to the jab too.
Noooo the banana and yogurt didn’t help, been sick 🤢

Last edited:
I've just received confirmation that my order of Mounjaro has been dispatched. Im excited and nervous at the same time but after a very tough 7-8 months, I need to do something to get my life and health back on track. I need to lose about 2 stone and I've joined the gym to help with the toning too. I've used injectables before and had a good result with Saxenda but I think naivety took over and I didn't think about maintaining my losses so slipped back into my sedentary lifestyle which led to weight gain over a period of time.

My only reservations with Mounjaro is the weekly does....do the side effects come thick and fast with the bolus dose or are they more of a slow burn? I had nausea and constipation with Sax and when I increased my does I had a day of awful vomitingbut was soon ok.

Happy to take on board any tips / advice / thoughts, I really need this to work as my physical and mental health are really not great.

Thanks for reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Med Express are cheaper for MJ 5mg so would I be able to send them a photo of my prescription box and get from them instead?

Med Express are cheaper for MJ 5mg so would I be able to send them a photo of my prescription box and get from them instead?
I don’t know about med express but I order from simple online pharmacy and they do that option for people moving over to them from elsewhere

@choccythief
Have you managed to change your eating habits?
I am literally a grab n go eater at home, I’ll just grab anything to eat for breakfast , biscuits etc. and I’ll only eat one meal per day and that’ll be tit food and the rest of the time I’m snacking on junk, especially when the kids are in bed. Bars of chocolate, full fat drinks
I would say my meals are generally the same, MJ is helping me stop/ reduce snacking. My meals are generally pretty balanced tbh my problem area is the self soothing through food and using treat food as rewards. Eg, hard day= glass of wine. When out and about buying coffee and cake, eating leftovers off kids plates absentmindedly

Hi everyone! Am just about to have my last dose of my first 2.5mg Mounjaro pen, and needing to order the next one. Luckily I’ve had pretty much zero side effects at all, and have lost about 4.3kg since starting just over 3 weeks ago. I usually just have lunch and dinner only anyway, and usually start feeling slightly hungry around lunch time but the amount I am able to eat has gone way down like I would say less than half of my usual portion size. I’m also feeling like whenever it does come to eat it’s really hard to decide what to have as I know I need to try and get as much protein and fibre in as possible, but no food is really appealing at all when I think of what to have.

I'm in the EXACT same boat as you - I've lost 4kg too in the past 3 weeks, and my last dose of 2.5mg is this weekend... I think I'm going to stay on 2.5mg for another month, even though Simple Online Pharmacy claims this is "off label" for them!

I've heard lots of people saying not to rush up the doses if you don't need to, and tbh, I don't fancy any side effects since this month has been such a breeze!

• Heart
Hi all. I’ve decided to bite the bullet after months of wanting to go on injections. I’ve decided it’s between wegovy and manjaro, I’m just a bit confused why the wegovy starting dose is only 0.25 but the manjaro is 2.5?
It's just because they're different medications with different dosages. The same way two different psychiatric medications will have different dosages but both can be used for the treatment of depression.

In the scientific studies Mounjaro seems to cause a higher % of weight loss, so you might wish to go with that. But you'll also likely see success on Wegovy (I have!).
https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com/uk/lifestyle-advice/mounjaro-vs-wegovy
These are two good comparisons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I'm in the EXACT same boat as you - I've lost 4kg too in the past 3 weeks, and my last dose of 2.5mg is this weekend... I think I'm going to stay on 2.5mg for another month, even though Simple Online Pharmacy claims this is "off label" for them!

I've heard lots of people saying not to rush up the doses if you don't need to, and tbh, I don't fancy any side effects since this month has been such a breeze!
Yes I feel super lucky I’ve literally had zero side effects so don’t want to rock the boat as it’s still working fine. Have just ordered another lot of 2.5mg for the next month.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

• Heart