Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I like the app with the graph and everything, but I want something to tell me how much I’ve lost in total…unless it does do that and I can’t see that in the app 😅
It does tell you on the main screen your total loss or if you click on trends it gives you a line graph showing you daily, weekly or yearly losses.

Reactions: 1
Well, I've just ordered my first dose.
Doing this with hubby, so together we can support each other!
Wish us luck.
I've already looked at supplements etc to help.
I'm hoping that for the first time in my adult life, i might actually loose this weight.
I have a question about prebiotic what do you take?

Reactions: 6
Still waiting for my Asda order it says “pending” I submitted 2 photos and not heard a thing since but have paid. Hoping this is just a bank holiday delay? :(

Well, I've just ordered my first dose.
Doing this with hubby, so together we can support each other!
Wish us luck.
I've already looked at supplements etc to help.
I'm hoping that for the first time in my adult life, i might actually loose this weight.
I have a question about prebiotic what do you take?
Good luck! I’ve never used a prebiotic.

Yeah I like the app with the graph and everything, but I want something to tell me how much I’ve lost in total…unless it does do that and I can’t see that in the app 😅
Hiya. Long time lurker but currently on Wegovy and using the Renpho app. If you click on the date on the first page on the app, you can select the date you want to compare your current weight to. It will open up the calendar, scroll to the date you want, then click the little notepad icon under that date's weight/details. What your weight change has been since that date will show up on the home screen.

Reactions: 4
I’m on week 4 of Mounjaro - the pen wouldn’t move to the 1, got stuck. I forced it round but it definitely wasn’t a full dose. The plunger didn’t line up with the line like normal. I’ve taken the rest now but worried I’ve taken too much. I’m meant to be going up to 5mg next week anyway, but I won’t have taken more than 5 will I? My tummy feels a bit off but I think that’s more me worrying 🥲

Newbie to all of this. After having my second and final baby 12 weeks ago I am disgusted at my body.
I’ve just ordered Mounjaro via med express and awaiting to see if they’ll prescribe. I’m 5 ft 2 and 79kg.
Any help, tips, advice. Generally just need a couple pals to help me do this. Realistically I have 3 stone I’d like to lose, but I know if the first month doesn’t generate a loss for me, I will give up 😫
I’ve ordered now in the hopes it arrives by June so I can start my journey in June.
I’ve also just came across a girl on tiktok who has lost weight & toned up considerably doing 20k steps for a month. So I aim to do plenty walking alongside Mounjaro, what’s everyone’s thoughts, opinions and results in 4 weeks?

Reactions: 2
I’m now down 2nd stone and 12 pounds and I am a healthy BMI.

😱

It is a total head duck. I keep seeing this slim person in the mirror and double taking. It has happened almost too quickly. I didn’t even make it above 5. (I do have a stash in the fridge as I start to titrate down).

Period hurts with the pain of something I haven’t had in years. MJ has made me have even shorter cycles for the last few months. Today’s started later and I am on Nurofen plus. Need the codeine to even have an impact.

I do not feel slim. I can see I am. I still feel the size I was before. This is going to take a lot of time to adjust. Feeling quite vulnerable.
---
@Lillorra I have lost just under 3 stone in three months.

The crazy thirst takes a bit of getting used to. I also got very bad constipation at times, but I have now adjusted. I have seen both bigger and smaller losses from others in the first month. Water weight comes off quickly. But it’s also not uncommon for people to not drop!

Basically, it will be your own journey. It is so hard to predict.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Lillorra im very similar start weight to you, have lost 5lb in 2 weeks. Happy with that although of course id love to have the super quick losses seen elsewhere, for me its not just about the rate of weight loss, im feeling less obsessed with foods and trying to make new habits. Had fallen into nightly eating junk food once children gone to bed. My weight has been steadily increasing, sedentary lifestyle, high stress job and comfort eating food. When I’ve tried to cut out junk food in the past I’ve given in, MJ is not a magic bullet but it’s helping me keep on track! Good luck!!

@choccythief
Have you managed to change your eating habits?
I am literally a grab n go eater at home, I’ll just grab anything to eat for breakfast , biscuits etc. and I’ll only eat one meal per day and that’ll be tit food and the rest of the time I’m snacking on junk, especially when the kids are in bed. Bars of chocolate, full fat drinks

Reactions: 2
Hi all

I am an NHS person getting MJ for diabetes and my BMI is 52. I was on Trulicity until February but it appeared to run out and I couldn’t get my baseline steady so MJ was prescribed for both issues.

No side effects apart from tiredness and a bit of constipation.

Day 5 for me and I’ve lost 3lb, eating 3 small meals a day.

Using the My Weight app and it’s really good. Free, got a graph and various settings and will change from kilos to stone and pound.

I can’t bear to see to get to a healthy BMI I would need to lose about 10 stone so first goal is 4 stone which would put me at about a size 18 which I haven’t been since before I had my children who are 36 and 30!

Woo forgot to update on my weigh day! I’ve lost 5.1lbs this week. This was my first week on 5mg MJ. I’m sure this is the same amount I lost on my first week of 2.5mg 🙌🏽
I’ve finally finally finally tapped into the next stone bracket, I’m so happy 😬

Reactions: 7
Hi everyone, which pharmacy would you recommend to purchase Mounjaro pen from? I was using Ozempic but the girl who I got it off is now charging an absolute fortune for it!
It’s a minefield out there for pharmacies.

Hi everyone, which pharmacy would you recommend to purchase Mounjaro pen from? I was using Ozempic but the girl who I got it off is now charging an absolute fortune for it!
It’s a minefield out there for pharmacies.
I used Med Express, seems to be the cheapest as there is always a discount code floating around.

Reactions: 3
4th full day of MJ. The scales appear to be moving down nicely but I’m only going to take the weight at the end of the week as official - I’m aware it’s probably water loss. Had nausea on the first couple of days but that’s more or less gone. Appetite is definitely starting to return now but I’m still getting full on much smaller amounts than I would usually. A bit constipated and a bit burpy. Very tired but to be fair I’m always tired! I feel quite confused with what to eat. Trying to get enough protein, fibre, vitamins etc whilst not being able to eat much volume seems hard?!
---
I’m now down 2nd stone and 12 pounds and I am a healthy BMI.

😱

It is a total head duck. I keep seeing this slim person in the mirror and double taking. It has happened almost too quickly. I didn’t even make it above 5. (I do have a stash in the fridge as I start to titrate down).

Period hurts with the pain of something I haven’t had in years. MJ has made me have even shorter cycles for the last few months. Today’s started later and I am on Nurofen plus. Need the codeine to even have an impact.

I do not feel slim. I can see I am. I still feel the size I was before. This is going to take a lot of time to adjust. Feeling quite vulnerable.
---
@Lillorra I have lost just under 3 stone in three months.

The crazy thirst takes a bit of getting used to. I also got very bad constipation at times, but I have now adjusted. I have seen both bigger and smaller losses from others in the first month. Water weight comes off quickly. But it’s also not uncommon for people to not drop!

Basically, it will be your own journey. It is so hard to predict.
I totally understand the feeling of vulnerability and confusion. One of the reasons I’ve been scared to start this treatment was actually being scared of how I’d feel if it worked and my body changed. Just be kind to yourself. The you you are inside is still the same no matter what body it’s in.

Reactions: 3
I’ve restarted saxenda this week but the headaches are brutal, they’re why I stopped in the first place. Is it any better on Ozempic? I’ve got just over one pen left and thinking of switching when I’m finished these.

I’ve restarted saxenda this week but the headaches are brutal, they’re why I stopped in the first place. Is it any better on Ozempic? I’ve got just over one pen left and thinking of switching when I’m finished these.
Where in the world are you? Ozempic isn’t licensed for weight loss in the U.K.

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone! Am just about to have my last dose of my first 2.5mg Mounjaro pen, and needing to order the next one. Luckily I’ve had pretty much zero side effects at all, and have lost about 4.3kg since starting just over 3 weeks ago. I usually just have lunch and dinner only anyway, and usually start feeling slightly hungry around lunch time but the amount I am able to eat has gone way down like I would say less than half of my usual portion size. I’m also feeling like whenever it does come to eat it’s really hard to decide what to have as I know I need to try and get as much protein and fibre in as possible, but no food is really appealing at all when I think of what to have.

Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations if I should go up to the 5mg or stay on 2.5mg for now as it seems to be working fine, or if you think it’s best to go up a level to keep the momentum?

Reactions: 5