Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So after receiving my MJ without the needles from Numan on Wednesday and raising it with them straight away I STILL haven’t been sent any. 😡

I am determined to start today with it being Monday, 1st of the month blah blah so can anyone advise on what needles I should get and from where? Can you even buy needles over the counter?

Also - interested to know what I should expect initially. I know everyone reacts differently but in general. I’m thinking of doing the 8 week blood sugar diet while I’m on MJ but not sure if I’m pressuring myself. Do you all mostly eat what you used to but just less of it?

So after receiving my MJ without the needles from Numan on Wednesday and raising it with them straight away I STILL haven’t been sent any. 😡

I am determined to start today with it being Monday, 1st of the month blah blah so can anyone advise on what needles I should get and from where? Can you even buy needles over the counter?

Also - interested to know what I should expect initially. I know everyone reacts differently but in general. I’m thinking of doing the 8 week blood sugar diet while I’m on MJ but not sure if I’m pressuring myself. Do you all mostly eat what you used to but just less of it?
Amazon. Just search for the sizes in the below image.

Attachments

Does anyone take any vitamins / supplements alongside their Mounjaro? If so, which ones and do you find they are beneficial?

Reactions: 1

If you want to make sure, take the pen into your local Chemist. They'll have some

I'd see how you feel on the first week, and then make a decision from there.

I calorie count (and monitor protein and fibre)
I'm eating the same food but smaller portions still equiv to three meals a day with a snack.
I have binge eating issues, and want a normal healthy food relationship so feel small regular is better for me. I've not had any nausea so far so it's been pretty easy to eat as I want

I've also stopped eating "diet food" so using the proper stuff, butter olive ols, full fat Greek yoghurt, a square or two or proper chocolate rather than the synthetic low calorie options
That seems to help with feeling more satisfied too

Reactions: 5
I mentioned before about the last time I ordered they emailed me and said they’d approve but the guidance was you need to lose 10% of your weight in 6 months and I was confused as I’ve definitely lost more than that. I’m starting to think I inputted my weight wrong 🙈 I think instead of 15 stone 6 I put 16 stone 5 which would have meant I’d only lost 2lb in 4 months. Worried I’ll have problems on my next order as it’s going to look like I’ve lost about 1.5 stone in a month 😩 I hope they don’t get funny with me

• Heart
Anyone ordered from eSurgery? Any issues or all good?
I ordered from them last Wednesday and got approved a couple of hours later, ordered was scheduled for delivery on Thursday but as my lazy ass teen didn’t get out of bed to answer the door, I didn’t actually get it until the Friday. Parcel packaged really well with a box of needles and a voucher for 15% off my next order. I was impressed with them.

Reactions: 2
So I just had my first bad experience of Side Effects! Dont get me wrong I am functioning just find my my stomach feels like the inside of a washing machine! Looking back on yesterday I know what it is! I went out for my step daughters birthday meal and I chose a pasta dish which was amazing and not massive BUT it had a lot of oil and I ate it all! Sadly I ate it all not because I actually wanted to but if I didnt the family woudl start to ask questions I just didnt want to answer! I also had a glass of wine - which I have been doing now and again without any fear but I suspect between the carbs and the alcohol I didnt eat anywhere near enough fibre or protein! Lesson well and truly learned!! Back to normal now!!

Reactions: 3
Does anyone take any vitamins / supplements alongside their Mounjaro? If so, which ones and do you find they are beneficial?
I've been taking Centrum women multivitamin (I have taken this for a few years now and have continued throughout MJ use), a Vit D supplement, and I've also been taking chlorella and spirulina from Organic Burst. Chlorella is meant to be good for combating hairloss (have struggled with this since the birth of my children, youngest is now 9 :rolleyes: - not sure if it helps but I think so. The Spirulina is meant to be good for weight loss support as well as hayfever, and it has anti-inflammatory properties (if you believe the blurb).The Chlorella and Spirulina you need to take like 8 of the small tablets each per day so my vitamin regime requires at least 4 big gulps of water to get them all down o_O

I can't say for sure whether they are beneficial but they don't feel detrimental...

I’m on my final week of 2.5mg of MJ and the hunger is coming back! I’m glad I am switching to 5mg on Thursday. I’ve just got to try to be good until then, but this hunger is no fun and I haven’t felt hunger for weeks!

Reactions: 2
Is anyone on the maintenance does and taking it less than once a week? I’m thinking of taking my 2.4mg once a fortnight instead.
Yes I've done that or clicked back down a doses. Sometimes the hunger comes back hard and its something I'm careful about.
---
Help! I’ve decided to start Mounjaro and started my application on Friday with Med express. I need to submit a photo but I don’t expect to be refused as my BMI is 35 and I have no other health problems or take any medication.
My problem is probably trivial and I’m overthinking it so reaching out to people who are on it for their advice. I’d decided I was doing it but was going to start first week of August when I get back from holiday. Then last week I had a major wobble and thought sod it let’s start now, hence I started the process.
But now I can’t decide what to do

Start asap - pro’s, could actually lose a bit of weight before holiday and could help limit the usual massive weight gain. Cons, I’m worried about side effects while away, the extra faff of taking it with me. I don’t actually want to be a misery on holiday and while I’m not an alcoholic I do enjoy a beer and few wines every day, hence the usual massive weight gains!

Start when I get back - pro’s, holiday is done so won’t have to worry about side effects as much. Cons, I go mental on holiday and actually if I lost 7lb before holiday I’d feel in control.

Having seen it written down I’m basically worrying about the side effects and just wish I could guarantee that I would get off lightly.

Your experience would be appreciated
Start asap. You could be down a stone. One the road to a healthier version of you. Skip a dose on holiday or titrate down. Ive been on hols in active loosing time. I found I controlled food/drink during the day and had my nice food at night. Mean't the break didnt disrupt long term goals. Pre oz I'd easily be up 7lbs in a week away.

On the supplment; I take Biotin 5000 as my hair really suffered. Collagen is also a good combater of Ozempic face,

Last edited:
Just an update I order from Medexpress and last orders were approved in hours didn’t have to complete the form from first time etc, this time had to do form and it’s been over 24 hours but just approved. I said earlier I have taken a few types of this so I find the effects ware off fast for me so I will need higher doses, I am still being careful and losing but I can see it will be the same for me as usual if I stop I regain, this time I am committed for a long time not a quick 2 month fix to regain.

Weigh day! Lost 1.5lb this week. This marks my fourth month on MJ and my total loss is 25.9lbs - almost at two stone. I feel happy MJ is available, I couldn’t have done this without it. Another 8lb and I’ll be at my pre Covid weight - albeit still overweight but a great feeling to be back on that side of overweighness 🤗
I’ve suffered the last two weeks with the 💩 so I’ve decided to take half doses from my 5mg pen. I can’t do another week of bobbing my knickers especially when I’m out and about more this week.

Reactions: 6
Finished my 3rd ! (2.5, 2.5, 5)

1st pen - no side effects, so many benefits- reduced food noise (discovering I had food noise beforehand!), reduced appetite, reduced inflammation, reduced impulse spending.

2nd Pen first half as above, 2nd half food noise creeping back in and appetite increased.

3rd pen - headaches, nausea, stomach cramps, unable to eat more than a mouthful at a time,injection site rashes, fatigue, feeling mentally unwell due to restricted calorie intake.

Total weight loss 38lb ( completely stopped losing weight on the 3rd pen, then dropped 7lb in the last few days)

I'm going to do 1 or two more months (deffo one if the symptoms persist) and go it alone after that. I've still got 19lb to go (to get to BMI 25).
Couldn't be more grateful to have been able to use this treatment but I am feeling a bit low atm due to the side effects. I think I should have continued on 2.5 as I was still losing weight despite the increase in appetite.

(Only updating as I love reading how it's gone for others)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m on my final week of 2.5mg of MJ and the hunger is coming back! I’m glad I am switching to 5mg on Thursday. I’ve just got to try to be good until then, but this hunger is no fun and I haven’t felt hunger for weeks!
This is me too! injected this morning and still could eat everything in sight!

• Haha
Week 1, Day 6 of Mj and I just had my second dose as want to get on a Monday schedule (paperwork said that would be okay).
Feeling good, no negative side effects, tummy issues etc at all. Less hungry and less interest in food, but still eating 3 smaller healthy (protein/fat/fibre/carb) meals a day. No interest in snacking and absolutely no interest in a glass of wine 🙀
7lbs down and feeling positive going into the second week.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes I've done that or clicked back down a doses. Sometimes the hunger comes back hard and its something I'm careful about.
---

Start asap. You could be down a stone. One the road to a healthier version of you. Skip a dose on holiday or titrate down. Ive been on hols in active loosing time. I found I controlled food/drink during the day and had my nice food at night. Mean't the break didnt disrupt long term goals. Pre oz I'd easily be up 7lbs in a week away.

On the supplment; I take Biotin 5000 as my hair really suffered. Collagen is also a good combater of Ozempic face,
Thank you for your advice, much appreciated!

Anyone else struggling to get .5 ozempic pen? I have called over 20 pharmacies and not one has it!!!!! Meant to take today but I'm now waiting for advice from the doctor as what is best to do. I don't want to stay at .25 as I've only lost about 3lbs in a month. Not feeling the effects of it at all now. But doubt they'll increase to 1mg! I get a private prescription from my doc so don't think I can just order online? Does anyone have any broight ideas? Haha.

Bollocks. MedExpress have just emailed to say that because I had gallstones years ago I can't have anymore MJ from them. I honestly had forgotten it happened as I've not had anymore issues. I've got my next dose of 5mg to start next weekend but am not sure what to do next? I wonder if it's worth a chat with my own doc to see if they can do a.private prescription and then getting it filled or if I can get my GP to confirm no other issues. I haven't gone yellow or had any problems with it this far

• Heart
Bollocks. MedExpress have just emailed to say that because I had gallstones years ago I can't have anymore MJ from them. I honestly had forgotten it happened as I've not had anymore issues. I've got my next dose of 5mg to start next weekend but am not sure what to do next? I wonder if it's worth a chat with my own doc to see if they can do a.private prescription and then getting it filled or if I can get my GP to confirm no other issues. I haven't gone yellow or had any problems with it this far
Did they find out from your GP? I would speak to GP and take it from there.