Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered with Pharmacy 2 U, their service has been wonderful. Got £40 off too so got my first round for £139, including sharps bin and 5 needles.

@JuneJuneHannah Just fyi, I ordered with Simple Online Pharmacy yesterday evening and it's just been shipped. :)
They don't ask for photos either.
I am regretting not going with them. I still have a week and a half to go until I need it. I've had to go through the whole process with them even though I sent a photo of my prescription.

I'm at the stage of either upping my dose on Wegovy to 1.7mg or switching completely to Mounjaro. Ozempic worked great at 0.25 and 0.5 but I don't feel Wegovy suppresses my appetite as much. Interested to hear from those who switched to Mounjaro after being on 1.0mg Wegovy and what you noticed? Or those who upped to 1.7mg on Wegovy, what you noticed? In terms of side effects, weight loss etc
Thanks!!

I'm at the stage of either upping my dose on Wegovy to 1.7mg or switching completely to Mounjaro. Ozempic worked great at 0.25 and 0.5 but I don't feel Wegovy suppresses my appetite as much. Interested to hear from those who switched to Mounjaro after being on 1.0mg Wegovy and what you noticed? Or those who upped to 1.7mg on Wegovy, what you noticed? In terms of side effects, weight loss etc
Thanks!!
My weight loss sped up once I was at 1.7 and then 2.4 Wegovy which I had hoped would happen as they're the therapeutic doses of Wegovy. I did struggle a bit to eat enough when I reached 2.4 so went down to 1.7 for a month after my first 2.4 pen and then went back up a month later and haven't had that issue the second time round at 2.4. No other side effects though.

A few have definitely switched across too, so I am sure they'll have feedback!

My MJ arrived today, are people keeping it in the fridge or at room temp once started?
going to start it potentially tomorrow night.
Scared and nervous about taking injections and still being obese. I just can’t see myself ever losing weight !

Reactions: 1
My MJ arrived today, are people keeping it in the fridge or at room temp once started?
Scared and nervous about taking injections and still being obese. I just can’t see myself ever losing weight !
I’ve kept mine in the fridge. Good luck!

Fridge. I was worried about the needle but you can barely feel it.

It’s time for my second injection and I’ve lost nearly 6lb in my first week. 9lb if you count the overnight drop of 3lb the first night, but I’m not counting that. I’ve just had a bagel for breakfast as felt quite hungry, but now feel sick. That was probably the biggest meal I’ve had all week - or certainly the most carbs by far. I’ve exercised more than usual this week too. But I’ve been off work/working from home this week so I’m worried about how it’s all going to go when I’m back to work on Monday.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I keep mine in the fridge. And you will be fine with the needle, it’s tiny and you don’t feel it. I had to double check it was actually in my skin!
Good luck on the start of your journey 🙌🏽

Week 4 weigh in on MJ and I’ve lost a pound and a quarter so I’m just a quarter of a pound off from losing a stone altogether! It’s so close that I counting it as lost 😂 injected my first 5mg dose today so will be interested to see how it feels in comparison to the 2.5mg. Finally have a weekend without plans to derail weight loss too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Week 4 weigh in on MJ and I’ve lost a pound and a quarter so I’m just a quarter of a pound off from losing a stone altogether! It’s so close that I counting it as lost 😂 injected my first 5mg dose today so will be interested to see how it feels in comparison to the 2.5mg. Finally have a weekend without plans to derail weight loss too.
That’s great!! Well done!!

I’ve just injected my second MJ. I did it in the evening last week and was going to do the same again today but I’ve done it early as the food noise today has been crazy.

Question - will the same dose work more each week as it accumulates in your body, or does it ‘run out’ after a week and each time you inject it’s basically like introducing it anew, and the only time it might ‘work more’ is going up a dose?

Reactions: 2
I've posted before about not feeling any change whatsoever but I injected my first dose of Wegovy 0.5mg 3 days ago and can finally feel a difference. My appetite is at least a third less and I have a nice line in eggy burps but I'm chuffed. :)

Reactions: 4
I'm finally starting to see some weight loss.
I've done 4 weeks on Wegovy .25mg and have just taken third dose of wegovy .5mg.

To be fair, I've had a crazy few weeks with lots of holidays, nights out, food and alcohol so my weight was not going up which was a miracle but I was maybe losing a pound a week, sometimes losing nothing.
Anyway this has been the first week I've not have something on and I dropped 5pounds.
I am always a bit of a slow loser when it comes to weight. I've always stayed the same for weeks and then dropped a large amount. Seems to be a bit of a pattern. I've previously lost 5 stone and started this as I'd regained 2 stone of that. So I was ok with waiting to lose weight as my metabolism is a bit of a mess.

So for those not losing quickly, don't lose heart. I feel like the next titration dose(1.7) will be the sweet spot for me. At the moment I get hungry quickly but can't eat a whole lot.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Reactions: 6
That’s great!! Well done!!

I’ve just injected my second MJ. I did it in the evening last week and was going to do the same again today but I’ve done it early as the food noise today has been crazy.

Question - will the same dose work more each week as it accumulates in your body, or does it ‘run out’ after a week and each time you inject it’s basically like introducing it anew, and the only time it might ‘work more’ is going up a dose?
Thank you!

I think for me, it might be a bit of a placebo but knowing that Friday is my injection day does feel like I’m topping up and realigning my goals for the week to be honest. I know that the studies showed that a lot of people didn’t actually see any results until 5 and 7.5 so I do feel to an extent 2.5 has been a lot on willpower for me. I also haven’t had lots of the side effects people have spoken about like feeling sick etc so I think I have had to really think hard about what I’ve been eating. I’m not sure what the actual answer is but certainly mentally I have seen it as a top up but I think the idea is that it accumulates!

Do I take my first dose tonight. Or tomorrow.
Not gunna lie I’m ordering a giant dominos to eat tonight before my diet etc starts tomorrow 🙃

Reactions: 2
Jeez, last week I felt like it took about 24 hours to notice any effects from the first dose. Expected the same with the second. Still felt hungry etc tonight. But have just had dinner and could only manage the TINIEST amount and feel sick now.

Hi 👋🏻 So glad i stumbled upon this thread. I haven't told anyone i'm using weight loss jags so happy to hear others experiences.

Went back and read the last couple of threads.

I have be on wegovy for 10 week however missed a dose last week due to being unwell (unrelated to wegovy) I'm on 1mg dose for another 2 weeks. I have lost 16lbs so far. Weight loss was very slow at the start but has dropped off the last few weeks.

First couple of weeks was dire! so bloated, couldn't poop, felt nauseous 🤢 I upped my fiber intake and it made a massive difference, felt great!

I lost nearly 5 stone through exercise, high protein calorie controlled diet. Went from 16 stone 5lbs to 11 stone 8lbs continued to go to the gym 4/5 days a week doing strength training and a wee bit of cardio but slowly the bad eating habits crept back and i put 3 stone 8lbs back on 😩

I really struggle to control my diet now so chose to try wegovy. Also no matter how hard i try just can't get that mummy tummy to go!

on the 1mg dose i feel like when i get hungry i feel like i can eat, prepare the food and as soon as i have 2 bites i can't eat anymore. I feel like the top of my stomach under my ribs feels full! i'm worried i'm not eating enough because i know when i was dieting if i was under daily calorie i didn't loose.

Does wegovy go the same way? if i eat too little will it reduce my results?

My aim was 4 stone loss, so just under 3 to go!

• Heart
Reactions: 3