Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone managed to stay on the same dose on Wegovy. I don’t want to push myself onto a higher dose if it’s giving the desire effect.

It's just because they're different medications with different dosages. The same way two different psychiatric medications will have different dosages but both can be used for the treatment of depression.

In the scientific studies Mounjaro seems to cause a higher % of weight loss, so you might wish to go with that. But you'll also likely see success on Wegovy (I have!).
https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com/uk/lifestyle-advice/mounjaro-vs-wegovy
These are two good comparisons.
Thank you! I’m just trying to get my head round it all it’s a bit of a minefield 😅

Reactions: 1
Hello! Just thought I’d give my 8 week update on Mounjaro. It’s still going super well for me and I’m at the end of my first 5mg month. Nothing much to report other than continued weight loss which is ideal really 😂 this morning I did use pliers to get the last dose out of the pen as it did look like a full dose to me and I didn’t want to waste it…. Aaaand it’s a 5 week month between paydays this month 🥲

I’m going to stay on 5mg for next month - mainly because I’m still losing weight at a really good pace but also because I’m going away with work for 2 weeks - I don’t want to move up when I’m not sure if symptoms could present themselves while I’m away. The cuisine in the place I’m going is VERY different so I’m not concerned at all about overeating because I’m a fussy gal anyway 😁

Week 1: -7lbs
Week 2: -1lb
Week 3: -4lbs
Week 4: -2lbs
Week 5: -5lbs
Week 6: -2lbs
Week 7: -4lbs
Week 8: -2lbs

-27 lbs total - Start weight 227 Current 200

(Literally can’t believe I’m nearly under 200lbs!)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello! Just thought I’d give my 8 week update on Mounjaro. It’s still going super well for me and I’m at the end of my first 5mg month. Nothing much to report other than continued weight loss which is ideal really 😂 this morning I did use pliers to get the last dose out of the pen as it did look like a full dose to me and I didn’t want to waste it…. Aaaand it’s a 5 week month between paydays this month 🥲

I’m going to stay on 5mg for next month - mainly because I’m still losing weight at a really good pace but also because I’m going away with work for 2 weeks - I don’t want to move up when I’m not sure if symptoms could present themselves while I’m away. The cuisine in the place I’m going is VERY different so I’m not concerned at all about overeating because I’m a fussy gal anyway 😁

Week 1: -7lbs
Week 2: -1lb
Week 3: -4lbs
Week 4: -2lbs
Week 5: -5lbs
Week 6: -2lbs
Week 7: -4lbs
Week 8: -2lbs

-27 lbs total - Start weight 227 Current 200

(Literally can’t believe I’m nearly under 200lbs!)
Congratulations! Sounds like it’s going great!

Reactions: 2
Congratulations! Sounds like it’s going great!
Thank you! It really is. I know I’m still putting the work in but this medication has really changed my life, I just wish it wasn’t so expensive 😂 BUT I definitely save money from not drinking wine and buying so many snacks lol

Reactions: 6
i have only 10lb left to lose so i’m over the moon - not sure if i need to jump up to the 2.5 wegovy though as currently on 1.7.

my appetite is tiny now so i don’t want to make it any smaller really - should i remain on 1.7? or perhaps get 2.5 and count clicks?? argh!

also anybody with those renpho scales (i have them too) mine links up to myfitnesspal which shows how much i’ve lost if i put it to 3months/6months etc

Reactions: 3
Feeling pretty ropey today. Stupidly felt hungry an hour after dinner so had yoghurt and strawberries and then spent the whole night burping strawberries up then woke up about 4 because I was almost sick in my mouth. Feel like they’re just not digesting. Lesson learnt sometimes it’s ok to feel a bit hungry late at night 😩

In good news I finally got to one stone lost yesterday and people are starting to notice and I’m feeling so much more confident. Think I might stay at 1.4 next week rather than the full 1.7 though to keep easing myself up. Still got 4 more stone till I’m a healthy weight but I’ll just be happy around a size 14 even if I will still technically be overweight at that size. I feel BMI doesn’t really work for me, I must have heavy bones 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not a happy bunny today. My old scales showed weight loss the other day but they stopped working. New scales picked up yesterday are showing me as putting on 1.5kg 😂🖕

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I have finally bit the bullet and switched to mounjaro. I am so scared but hopeful at the same time.

I found this code for 10% off ASDA if anyone is interested.

REFDD5E4

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anybody feeling a bit, not depressed, but not quite right? I’m losing weight actually really struggling to eat enough nothing taking my fancy at all. Feeling quite fatigued and lacking energy. Snappy and my less tolerant to my kids. I was hoping to have more energy and feel better.

Reactions: 2
Anybody feeling a bit, not depressed, but not quite right? I’m losing weight actually really struggling to eat enough nothing taking my fancy at all. Feeling quite fatigued and lacking energy. Snappy and my less tolerant to my kids. I was hoping to have more energy and feel better.

Yeah I get hangry without realising I'm hungry - on the days I eat more, I'm not tired and snappy (I.e day 5/6)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Pretty sure MedExpress are going to decline me. I was planning to switch to them as next dose is much cheaper there. I've had to take a different photo and confirm stuff that I have already updated when I ordered. Now need to wait until tomorrow as their most recent question came at just before 5pm.

I’m expecting a delivery of Mounjaro tomorrow 😀 I took Ozempic Monday when should I take Mounjaro?

Well I’ve started with 💩 again! I thought it was bad Monday night, early hours Tuesday. But wow, the run to the toilet seemed like the longest, didn’t think I would make it.
I’m feeling awful. I can’t decide if it’s a side effect of the injection or whether I’ve picked up a bug. My partner said his mum has been feeling the same as me and I was with her over the weekend 🤢

I've done it - ordered my second 2.5mg! Weight loss is slower this week, but I've also got my period so could be that. 🙃