Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

katycat

Has anybody opted to stay on 2.5 mounjaro? My appetite is suppressed and side effects minimal. I’ve lost 1stone this month.
I was asking the same question 10 days in. But after I'd taken my third injection I was starting to feel the effect wear off, plus the weight loss had plateaued. I'd not had any major side effects on 2.5 so I decided to go up. First week on 5 was fine - a little bit of nausea the day after injecting, but ok, and it kick started the weight loss again. However I've now done my second injection and I'm really struggling with sickness.

So for what it's worth, if you're near the end of the month on 2.5 and it's still working, I'd be tempted to stick with it.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Does anyone else get ridiculously itchy?

Injected my second 1mg wegovy dose at 7pm tonight. By 9pm I've wanted to claw my legs off. Absolutely unbearable itching which I've just taken a prescription antihistamine for. I also feel a bit agitated but I'm generally quite anxious and feeling weird isn't helping.

My breathing is fine, lips and tongue feel fine. So I don't think I'm having a worrying reaction. On week eleven and it's never happened before so just curious if this is common. Thanks everyone 💛
Im slightly itchier, like in the shower I’ll find my back needs more of a scrub it used to as it feels a bit itchy but nothing too major
---
But I’m only on 0.5 at the mo! I’ll let you know next week when I go to 1 if it gets worse

You can get insulin pen travel bags if you're worried.
None of these drugs should go in the hold, always in the cabin. The hold can go below the accepted temp for the drugs and denature them. In the cabin you can control them in the insulin travel bags.
No issues with brining them through hand luggage, if you're worried bring the box with your script sticker on it or a print out of your script.
I've never had any issues travelling and brought some sax home from turkey last year too
Thanks for this. I've bought the FRIO insulin travel bag but as you have to saturate them with water to activate I wondered how this would work going through security due to the liquid. I was planning on taking the box with my details on along just in case of any questions.

I guess my main concern is knowing that I've kept the pen at the recommended temp during my travel time. I'll be leaving home at 3am (thanks EasyJet!) and won't arrive until around 11am when I can put it back in the fridge.

If only I had planned things better I would already have started the pen and wouldn't have this problem. :rolleyes:

allforthegoss***

The idea isn’t that you don’t eat on this, it’s not medicated starvation. The idea is you stay fuller for longer and reduce your calorie in take.

You should still be eating. I’m on week 2 of 7.5mg. I eat two meals a day as I rarely eat breakfast and perhaps a snack if I get hungry. About 1200-1400 calories on average and I’m 26lbs down.
Is it best to calorie count and what time do you take yours? Thanks

Yp85

Hi, does anyone know where any of these can be bought online and shipped to republic of Ireland?

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Also I get my wegovy from simple online pharmacy and they sent me this. Don’t think it’s unique to me (I have just used it so if it is then soz)

IMG_1855.jpeg

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Argh I’m getting nervous of the jump to 1mg now 🙈 I assumed there was a 0.75 but there isn’t, we’re expected to go 0.5 up to 1.0. Feel like I should book work off when I go up now 😂

LilToes

VIP Member
The exact same is happening to me! I was suffering with quite a few symptoms on my first 1.0mg pen so didn’t move up. This week I’ve been so hungry…. Raging hungry. I’ve just done the last dose of this 2nd pen and will have to move up. Not lost at all on 1.0mg really!
Are you moving up a dose or are you switching to Munjaro? I’m unsure what to do for the next pen I need to order 🙈

merlot

Chatty Member
I started mounjaro on Tues my skin has gone to shit, I've woken up with spots and blotchy skin.. Anyone else?

Kawaiiuk

It's possibly correct. I did slimming world a number of years ago and lost 12 lb in my first week. I think a lot was water weight though.

KYLIE

VIP Member
I have randomly started being sick since my injection on Sunday. I can’t even keep water down! 🙁 been off work.

I’m on 1.7mg and so confused, never had this before and really concerned - I can’t keep anything down at all and have diarrhoea. I’ve told my family oh it’s probably just a stomach bug but if this goes on for much longer I’ll be screwed and can’t say it’s a stomach bug.

What is everyone’s go to high protein meal? I need some variety in my life. I feel I eat eggs everyday, although I do love eggs. And lots of fish. I’d like to include beans or lentils but no clue how to incorporate them into a meal 😭

Dusty2020

VIP Member
0.6 is the lowest dose right?

I will say that I’ve been on it a while and had the worst side effects on 1.8 and 2.4 (vomiting and diarrhoea, not migraines) so in my experience, just because you get side effects early on, it doesn’t mean you’ll have them forever. I also didn’t notice side effects being worse on higher doses, for me there was no real reason why the week on 1.8 was the worst.

It’s up to you if you can suck it up in the short term, if it’s worth it to you.

Its really
I wish I could and I honestly have such a high pain threshold but I felt like I was going to die with the pain

oddsock17

I know it’s only been 24hrs since my very first injection of Wegovy but I really don’t feel anything different…. I did feel a bit queasy last night after injecting which I totally expected but today I feel like normal. If anything I am hungrier than normal. I know I did it properly and I got the full dose so don’t know what’s happened. When I was on saxenda last summer I had to force myself to eat 😔 from day one. Anybody else experience anything similar 🤷🏼‍♀️
I feel like Wegovy is crap in comparison to Ozempic. I had barely any appetite right from 0.25 on Oz but currently on 1.0 Wegovy and aside from side effects I've had hardly any weight loss, I've had days where I could scoff a 3 course meal and it's really frustrating. They may well be the exact same drug but I strongly feel Wegovy is way less effective

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Yep you just buy the specific needles from Amazon and it can be pushed through the red part where you’d usually attach the needles and draw it out :)
Stupid question…which needles would this be? And assume syringes too? Photos would be amazing!

dazzled103

VIP Member
Hi everyone! Good morning. I’m a newbie here and this is my first venture into the world of weight loss drugs. I was only recently told I meet the NHS criteria for Ozempic and I’ve started doing my research. In the meantime, I’ve been losing weight doing my own sort of diet plan. I’ve failed on SlimmingWorld and weight watchers too many times and I’m not giving them another penny of my money. I’ve lost 18lbs since January but it’s slow!!
Are you in the UK?

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Asking a silly question, but what do the increased doses do. I'm just on the first dose and can already feel the effects. When do you move up?