Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NoImSpartacus

VIP Member
Just checking back in as I haven't posted for ages.

I'm on week 10, I'm on 7.5mg and I'm now 32lbs down! I've gone from a size 20 to size 14

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m trying not to be too active on this thread as I’m trying just to ‘live’ and not focus too much on what this medication is doing for me in the hope that it all becomes habit so that when I eventually come off it, it won’t be too much of a shock to the system, but I had to share my end of week 5 results, after my first week on 5mg:

Week 1: -7lbs

Week 2: -1lb

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: -2lbs

Week 5: -5lbs

Total: 19lbs (Started at 227 and now 208 at 5ft 3)

No major side effects at all, other than being freezing and having an almighty bruise at the injection site 😂

I’m so pleased with it. The money I save from not being constantly in Tesco spending £30 a time massively outweighs the cost of this medication that’s for sure hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Potato_waffle

Chatty Member
Just wanted to thank everyone for their honesty posts on here. I've been reading for ages and weighing up the pros amd cons. I suffer with binge eating disorder and the food noise is just horribly and completely overwhelming. So was considering the jabs as a tool to help with that.
Whilst I am indeed overweight at 19 stone (5'11) the weight loss isn't the real goal, it's the drowning out of the food noise that is the real driver for me.
Anyway, all that being said, first shot of mounjaro taken this morning 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 20

ScottishMammy92

I took my last dose of 1mg wegovy 3 weeks ago now...

I know there's a lot of people currently taking it or considering it and had questions about when you stop. Happy to answer any as best as I can.

In the last 3 weeks I've lost another 4lbs and haven't gained through that time. I do feel hungry but nothing compared to before I ever took the injections. I find I'm eating much smaller portions and I can stop when full instead of clearing my plate for the sake of it.

Sickness is gone and the constant cold feeling is gone too. But I have a ton of energy and I can get through workouts without coming home and falling asleep on the couch 😂

So far so good. Gone from a size 14 to a size 8 and I wore a bikini to the pool yesterday for the first time in about 15 years. Going on holiday tomorrow and it felt quite emotional being able to buy the outfits I want to wear instead of just things that will cover me up 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Quick update!
5th Monday weigh in, I’ve lost 2.2lbs this week which means I can say I’ve officially lost my first stone! Woooo!!
My total loss so far is 15.7lbs 🤗❤
I may or may not have recorded a celebratory dance 💃🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Weigh day for me 🙌🏽

I’ve lost 3.7lb this week. Feeling very happy. My total for the month is 13.5lb. Would have loved a stone, for a nice round even number but I’m so so so happy. Go me (and MJ pen) 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18

g321

Hello, just making this post for anyone who comes looking in terms of getting any injections from the NHS. I asked my doctor about them who then referred me to tier 3, just had my appointment and been told there are no injections that they can give out and that won’t change for the foreseeable. Just posting my experience in case anyone gets their hopes up as the doctor didn’t tell me this. I can’t afford them privately so won’t be joining this thread however I’ve read a lot of posts in the last couple of days so just wanted to wish you all luck and positive thoughts with your journeys 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That’s 6 weeks done and dusted on Mounjaro now! It’s going super quickly - as is the weight!

I did 4 weeks on 2.5mg, and I’m now on 5mg.

Start weight: 227
Current weight: 206
Total: -21lbs

Week 1: -7lbs

Week 2: -1lb

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: -2lbs

Week 5: -5lbs

Week 6: -2lbs

Still no major side effects to speak of, I’m still definitely not drinking enough water and I barely left my work desk over the last week but it’s still going well 😅 best thing I have ever done! X

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The effect of the medication has been mind-blowing - it's like a switch has been flicked in my head, and I feel like what I'm now experiencing must be what it's like to be 'normal'. I use that word advisedly - it's not like your appetite disappears completely, or you suddenly become totally indifferent to your favourite foods, but all of that now seems totally manageable and in proportion. That's been my experience so far, anyway.
I could have written this. These drugs are nothing short of a miracle. I feel like a normal person who doesn’t need to seek chocolate bars at every meal or as a snack option or to make me feel happy when I’m on my own. I am choosing healthier options naturally. I walked past the chocolate bar aisle in supermarket yesterday, whereas in the past I’d have treated myself to a couple. I wish someone would write an article about what the hell is going on with that cos it’s incredible. Sorry I keep going on about it at every opportunity but I can be evangelical on here as only other peeps I can do this to are my husband and daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

caremum

VIP Member
An Irish blogger has come out and said she is on these drugs and the judgement on her thread here is monumental. Some referring to this as the easy way out or obesity not been a disease just a malaise. Made my blood boil and also made me realise when I felt judged after putting on a pile of weight that I was probably right.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
The idea isn’t that you don’t eat on this, it’s not medicated starvation. The idea is you stay fuller for longer and reduce your calorie in take.

You should still be eating. I’m on week 2 of 7.5mg. I eat two meals a day as I rarely eat breakfast and perhaps a snack if I get hungry. About 1200-1400 calories on average and I’m 26lbs down.

• Heart
Hey all!!

Weekly weigh in update from me. This week I have lost 1.5lbs. Part of me hoped that it would have been more as I had a small gain of 0.6lb last week.

However, I think I’ve read far too many threads on Reddit and I’m comparing my journey to others who seem to have lost 83992 stone in 2 weeks.

If I honour myself and my journey. I started on 11 March and in total I’ve lost 16.5lbs in 7 weeks. A 2.3lb average loss a week. My BMI has gone from 36.7 to 33.4. My clothes fit better. I got those jeans on. I’m almost at the next weight bracket - haven’t seen that in over two years.

And lastly, I feel better in myself because I’m eating healthier and it’s showing on the outside.

When I view things in that context, I’m like ‘you go girl! You did that!’

Sorry for going on but it’s so easy to get caught up in someone else’s journey and progress. We are all doing so well and all have different starting positions and more 🤗

• Heart
I had my first bacon sandwich in 7.5 weeks! My nephew stayed over last night and he loves a bacon sarnie on a Saturday morning. I normally have eggs with salmon or chicken low cal sausages. This week I thought nah sod, have the bacon bagel (not even a bagel thin either) and I really really REALLY enjoyed it. The best part is I feel satisfied after ONE!! Before MJ, I’d go back for a second and sometimes a third, demolishing the entire pack.
And another little win, I keep catching glimpses of myself in the mirror, my head feels like it has shrunk. I took a selfie and compared it to my photos in SA (two months ago) and can see a huge difference. My face is a lot slimmer, my jaw line is on the way back. Bye bye double chin!!! 🤪🙌🏽

• Heart
Today marks the end of week 1 on Mounjaro, and I’ve just done my second injection. I was super lucky and didn’t experience any decrease in the effectiveness leading up towards the end of the dose - if anything the last few days have been working even better for me!

I also had a question for MedExpress yesterday on how to move up a dosage and whether that counts as a new prescription and I have to say, they were fantastic in their swift response to my email and it was really helpful and thorough reply. I pay £149.99 with them, maybe not the cheapest but I’ve been impressed with them so far,

Oh and I should tell you the loss… I’ve gone from 227lbs to 220lbs so that’s half a stone in the first week - what a great motivation to keep going! 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 14

mindlessness

VIP Member
Delighted to say I'm now no longer in the Obese BMI category! 58lbs down and 26 or so to go.

This med (in my case Ozempic/Wegovy) has been truely life changing. I wish the NHS and HSE would sort themselves out and help more people have access to GLP-1 medications for treatment of obesity. It seems to me it would do wonders to help improve health outcomes for so many people (and in the process save the health services' money!)

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
For those of not loosing as much as others, I’ve been losing barely 1lbs for the last few weeks and today, 3.3lbs down! I’m now 1stone 11 down but it has been slow. Keep with it and trust the process.

• Heart
Hello all! Dropping back in. I’ve now been on MJ for nearly three months. I’m down two and a half stone and my BMI is now nearly 25. I’m 5’7 and nearly 11.7 stone.

Weight loss is slowing now. Completely normal and it’s a marathon not a sprint. I don’t recognise myself in the mirror really.

My period is all over with MJ. I have had spotting and cramp has been worse. I have a mirena in.

Welcome to all the new starters and hello to the ongoing crew.

Manbagzda

Chatty Member
I'm 31 and I started Feb 16th 2024.

Starting weight- 12 stone 3lbs
Current weight- 8 stone 4lbs

I use wegovy (currently on week 2 of 1mg) which I order from chemist4u. It's £169 every 4 weeks but I've had a few 10% discounts so got it slightly cheaper a couple of times.

I'm eating a protein heavy diet with little and often through the day and I go to the gym 5x a week for cardio and 3x a week for weight training.

I also have a 6 year old little girl if that helps. I'll be stopping after this current pen but I've made huge changes to my diet and exercise and have anticipated gaining some weight back when I stop (I've gone under my t
---
Do you mean 2023? That is an unrealistic weight loss in 2 months. Even people dying and not eating don't lost four stone in two months 🤔😂

• Haha