Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

margaretta

VIP Member
I’m on the second week of 1mg.
I’m starting to feel not so hungry, however the sweet cravings are still there. I feel like i could eat cake and chocolate forever.

I’m also feeling like my head is fighting against this; my body doesn’t want to exercise and its quite happy to sit and do nothing all day.

Any ideas how to pull me out of this? I’m not seeing any weight loss.

dazzled103

VIP Member
My only advice is you have nothing to loose by trying it. I was in a similar situ and lost 50lbs over a year. I use my best weight but sounds like your gp would go for it with you. Supply is shocking but get in with a gp and see if you can get in with a local chemist. I can't see going to the North any easier unless you are nearby or have a family point
Do you still take it?

SIXTYNINEDUDES!

VIP Member
Marking my place. I stopped taking ozempic a few months back due to the cost (of the jabs and some other things like kids university stuff etc) . Thought I could go it alone but I'm back up 2 of the 4 stone I lost last year 😭

I've an appt with my doc again this week and assuming I can get my hands on it I'll be back on the jabs soon.

Louanne

VIP Member
Can I ask who people's preferred supplier is for Mounjaro please?
Read mixed reviews about MedExpress and am also looking at Numan? Seems a tad more expensive though. All thoughts welcomed.

Yes,I'm definitely not able to drink as much and it doesn't hit the spot how it used to! I don't know if it's the drug though or if it's because we're eating less? Less food to absorb the alcohol?
This is what I’m unsure about? Is it the drug or the amount of food? My partner is also suggesting it’s due to the amount of weight I’ve lost - he doesn’t know I’m on MJ.
Last night, I had a curry so I ate a lot! More than enough to absorb two glasses of wine 😭

Mab1994

Chatty Member
I've been considering weightloss drugs and exploring options, Boots or Asda seem to be the most popular in the UK. I'm not great with needles, so my question is how easy is it to do the weekly injections?
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Honestly it is very very easy and pain free

Well I woke up at 6:44 with stomach cramps and managed to force myself back to sleep and now I’ve woken up at 10. I feel a bit rubbish but I don’t know if that’s just because I wouldn’t normally sleep in this late, I’m usually awake by 9 at the latest so will see how the day goes. Don’t feel particularly hungry but very low energy.

Week 1 done and I'm down 3lb. Although I don't think it's a true loss as I had my period and was pretty much up those 3lb suddenly because of it. So I'm more thinking I stayed the same.
I took my second dose yesterday.

Thoughts so far - I noticed a small reduction in hunger. Less likely to feel the need to snack mid-day but my portions were much the same.
First few days were probably more effective than towards the end of the week.
Immediately after my second dose yesterday I felt a big reduction in hunger. I took it in the morning and didn't eat until lunch time when a sandwich kept me full until 6pm and even at that I wasn't that hungry. Only ate a small portion of dinner. Was a bit hungry when I woke up so had breakfast but only managed about half of what I'd usually eat.
I’m 4 days in after first dose and definitely felt way more hungry yesterday than I did first 2 days. Also slept better and less gripey tummy

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Any tips for eggy burps? I took my first 0.25 dose on Friday morning and I've had sulphur-y burps all day. My appetite has disappeared immediately, forced some tea down tonight and now have diarrhoea 🤢
It's not very nice is it. Chewing gum I find can help, you still burp but not quite so eggy. I found that beef makes it worst for me. I still get reflux at night but had that before so still mainlining Rennies x

probecco

Day 2 of my MJ journey today. After a horrific night of feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. I felt frozen, had a banging headache, heartburn and i was quite sick. I actually drove to work wondering how people were possibly surviving on 5mg!

Today I've felt great though. I even took myself for a workout which I'd never planned on doing. Still having some food noise though which concerns me but it's majorly reduced from a few days ago! Is it normal to still have the noise on 2.5mg?

yogiessexdubs

VIP Member
New to this thread, love reading your accounts.
I’ve used Saxenda before & I felt so sick. Would people recommend Monjaro or Wegovy?

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
I had a couple of glasses of wine last night (on Mounjaro) and had a terrible hangover this morning. I didn't even have an appetite for wine on Wegovy. Wondering if I have made a mistake switching 🤔

wilbz90

Chatty Member
I took my first MJ shot last night too. Overall I feel good but I deffo have a 'fear' of eating in case I start feeling nauseous and already feel a bit constipated.
It’s the nausea for me I’m just downing lots of water 🤢

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
People on Mounjaro, what’s your first month been like? I’m thinking of switching from Wegovy, but I don’t want to regain the (small amount of) weight I’ve lost. Been on Wegovy since January and I’ve lost just over a stone the first month but the scales have been stuck since the end of Jan even though I’m eating so much less and walking 10,000 steps a day. Also 2.4mg of Wegovy is nearly 300 quid! Don’t want to regain any weight between the gap you have to leave between Wegovy and MJ either.
I didn’t have a break - injected wegovy one week and MJ the next which is what Lloyds chemist advise. The advice seems different for each pharmacy. No side effects and no weight gain (or loss) so far!