Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s only been 24hrs since my very first injection of Wegovy but I really don’t feel anything different…. I did feel a bit queasy last night after injecting which I totally expected but today I feel like normal. If anything I am hungrier than normal. I know I did it properly and I got the full dose so don’t know what’s happened. When I was on saxenda last summer I had to force myself to eat 😔 from day one. Anybody else experience anything similar 🤷🏼‍♀️
I feel like Wegovy is crap in comparison to Ozempic. I had barely any appetite right from 0.25 on Oz but currently on 1.0 Wegovy and aside from side effects I've had hardly any weight loss, I've had days where I could scoff a 3 course meal and it's really frustrating. They may well be the exact same drug but I strongly feel Wegovy is way less effective

Have anyone noticed a difference to their sex drive since being on wegovy. I've been on it since January and am just not interested in sex. Nothing to do with confidence as I am feeling better about myself than I have in years, just a general disinterestedness.

Reactions: 4
IMG_7188.jpeg
Injected Wednesday morning back of my arm (usually do stomach) and felt slightly itchy last night. Woke up to this today (Friday) - it’s about the size of a crème egg (though not as round, thankfully). Not really itchy anymore. Should I do anything for it?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have just done my third shot of Mounjaro and my second weigh in and I’m now down 10lbs in total! I struggled a bit this week with food noise and felt the sweet treats creeping back but I’m feeling really motivated at the moment so hopefully can get another loss next week because I really want to lose any first stone (I have about 8 to lose in total!)
---
I have just done my third shot of Mounjaro and my second weigh in and I’m now down 10lbs in total! I struggled a bit this week with food noise and felt the sweet treats creeping back but I’m feeling really motivated at the moment so hopefully can get another loss next week because I really want to lose any first stone (I have about 8 to lose in total!)
Sorry that should say my first stone!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
SAME! I'm actually a bit concerned Simple Online Pharmacy won't let me get another pen after this one as my BMI will be too low after the month has passed. Who do you get yours from?
The whole point of buying it as a weight loss aid is that it brings your BMI down, so they will be able to continue to give you it as they will known what you were when you started it if that makes sense? I think it’s easier to stay with the same provider in that respect!

Reactions: 5
SAME! I'm actually a bit concerned Simple Online Pharmacy won't let me get another pen after this one as my BMI will be too low after the month has passed. Who do you get yours from?
For your own peace of mind It may be worth contacting them to check how long they will continue supplying you. I asked Boots who I order through and they said until I reach my goal weight or a 23 BMI.
---
I feel like Wegovy is crap in comparison to Ozempic. I had barely any appetite right from 0.25 on Oz but currently on 1.0 Wegovy and aside from side effects I've had hardly any weight loss, I've had days where I could scoff a 3 course meal and it's really frustrating. They may well be the exact same drug but I strongly feel Wegovy is way less effective
Have you switched to Mounjaro? It seems like a few people have had more success on that if Wegovy wasn’t working for them!

You'll be fine. I think it is around bmi 24 that they will stop prescribing to you.

Reactions: 2
Have anyone noticed a difference to their sex drive since being on wegovy. I've been on it since January and am just not interested in sex. Nothing to do with confidence as I am feeling better about myself than I have in years, just a general disinterestedness.
Yeah definitely seen a drop, poor Mr Lala 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is national pizza day a good excuse to have a pizza tonight? I love pizza I used to eat it a minimum of 2-3 times a week 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
First 7 days on MJ, due my 2nd dose tonight and woke up this morning actually feeling hungry for the first time so clearly it has been working in that respect. I've resisted jumping on the scales until later too. I don't think I'm drinking enough water and am not sure that I'm making all the right kind of food choices necessarily but I didn't get this size overnight so I know it will take a while to retrain my brain. Hope everyone is having a good week, especially those at the end of week 1.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm on my 2nd 2.4 Wegovy pen and usually take it on a Monday (been on since November and lost 2 stones so slow and steady here). I am going on holiday next Saturday and wondered if anyone had injected a couple of days early ever as I don't fancy the faff on of taking it away with me. If anyone has did it increase side effects please?

I'm on my 2nd 2.4 Wegovy pen and usually take it on a Monday (been on since November and lost 2 stones so slow and steady here). I am going on holiday next Saturday and wondered if anyone had injected a couple of days early ever as I don't fancy the faff on of taking it away with me. If anyone has did it increase side effects please?
In the instructions it basically says it’s fine to switch days by a couple of days if you look at guidance for missed doses…

I’m the same, inject on a Monday, went on holiday Thursday to Thursday. I’m on my first month of 1.7mg and I skipped Monday, appetite hasn’t increased but my wine consumption has. On holiday I barely managed 2glasses a night. Tonight I’ve had 4, back to injecting on Monday.

Hey people
I went up to 1mg wegovy and boy have I had side effects. Yesterday I could barely focus. TMI warning ⚠ explosive diarrhoea and didn’t make it at one point to the bathroom on time. The gas is something else; very painful. Also nausea and feeling sick. Currently awake again and feeling horrendous. Reminds me of having a stomach bug coupled with a flu. Apologies not scrolling back but can’t even focus: can anyone tell me if this will last and what their experience was cause boy I’m ready to stop it’s that bad&

• Sad
Hey people
I went up to 1mg wegovy and boy have I had side effects. Yesterday I could barely focus. TMI warning ⚠ explosive diarrhoea and didn’t make it at one point to the bathroom on time. The gas is something else; very painful. Also nausea and feeling sick. Currently awake again and feeling horrendous. Reminds me of having a stomach bug coupled with a flu. Apologies not scrolling back but can’t even focus: can anyone tell me if this will last and what their experience was cause boy I’m ready to stop it’s that bad&
I had exactly the same experience when I went to 1mg on wegovy. I felt like death and I cried every day for a week. It was the first time I really thought I can't keep doing this. I couldn't keep down any food and was barely managing to sip water. My husband ended up saying if you don't improve I'm taking you to the hospital because you're going to end up seriously unwell.

I counted clicks and went for 0.5 for 2 weeks. Then on week 3 I went back up to the 1mg. I didn't have any side effects from that point on. But that first week on 1mg was absolutely hell on earth.

I bought some dioralyte and tried just constantly sipping on it through the day to make sure I was getting enough fluids. Also make sure you're taking vitamins and try eating little and often (I found some ginger biscuits and nuts were good). Hang in there it does get better

• Heart
I’ve just been approved for W via Boots online. Any tips welcome ladies. I have a baby to look after on these so I’m praying for no side effects.

I’ve just been approved for W via Boots online. Any tips welcome ladies. I have a baby to look after on these so I’m praying for no side effects.
Make sure you drink enough water and don’t overeat as if you’re like me you’ll wake up in the middle of the night with stomach ache. I found I was very tired on the lower doses as I got used to it so that might be hard with a baby but it does pass. I didn’t really see an appetite reduction till I got to 1mg which is annoying as you are paying for the drug and feel frustrated it doesn’t work straight away but bear with it. Good luck!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.