Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello,

I got my first pen of Wegovy on Thursday evening (I am in the Uk and got from Boots) and I still haven’t had the first dose 🙈… I feel quite nervous to take it I think.

But of background from me…. I had a breast reduction in January and had nearly 900grams of each boob. I am extremely apple shaped and my reduction has made this even more apparent! 😢. I weigh 93kg and am 5ft 5. I am hoping that Wegovy will help me lose the belly fat only as my arms and legs are not big at all, it’s just my tummy. Is anybody else the same body shape as me and actually only lost weight in this area on Wegovy?

Reactions: 1
For me the benefits outweigh the risks. I was obese and my risk of serious long term health issues was high. Semaglutide has helped me change that. I think it's just something we each need to discern. If you do have concerns I would chat to your GP about it.
exact same.

Reactions: 2
Hello,

I got my first pen of Wegovy on Thursday evening (I am in the Uk and got from Boots) and I still haven’t had the first dose 🙈… I feel quite nervous to take it I think.

But of background from me…. I had a breast reduction in January and had nearly 900grams of each boob. I am extremely apple shaped and my reduction has made this even more apparent! 😢. I weigh 93kg and am 5ft 5. I am hoping that Wegovy will help me lose the belly fat only as my arms and legs are not big at all, it’s just my tummy. Is anybody else the same body shape as me and actually only lost weight in this area on Wegovy?
Unfortunately we can’t choose where we lose weight

I'm really nervous about all the period delays. It's such a hassle not knowing when i'm actually due.
if it makes you feel better, my first period after I started was delayed by 5 days but now I'm regular again just to the new date, I use an app to track so I can keep check

Just completed my first week on Mounjaro.
Had a lost of 6.6lbs.
Had no side effects after from the day after I took the injection I felt sick most of the day, but since then nothing.
I did not realise I had food noise, but the food noise had definitely stopped.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi guys. After injecting wegovy in your leg does nay else get a tingling feeling in thier leg is this normal , I do be so nervous for the first hour or so after doing it

Has anyone had any lucky with finding discount codes for mounjaro recently? Need to reorder and got lucky last time with one for medexpress that I shared here so hoping someone else can share the favour 🙏🙏

My friend works in a lawyers office and they’re having more and more enquiries about taking legal action for gastroparesis from Ozempic 😫

I take it (wegovy) I’ve kept it to myself so she doesn’t know im taking it and we were just talking about Kylie Jenner and the Kardashian’s obviously being on it to lose so much weight so fast but honestly sort of worried now lol 😅

I have 3 stone ish to lose still ideally and im 2.7-3 stone down in 6 months or so, so I do want to carry on taking it but it does feel v risky when im seeing so much negativity.

does anyone else worry while taking it? :/ im probably just being dramatic
Yes I worry a lot since passing out in the bathroom during a bout of diarrhoea. Hopefully I'll be off it very soon though.

Just did my first dose of MJ... And I have no idea why I've been so scared of the needle! 🥴

Reactions: 3
Has anyone had any lucky with finding discount codes for mounjaro recently? Need to reorder and got lucky last time with one for medexpress that I shared here so hoping someone else can share the favour 🙏🙏
Has the one you posted expired?

Has the one you posted expired?
It’s for new users only annoyingly! I can’t seem to see any others. Means 7.5 MJ would be £174 delivered, keen to know if anyone has seen better (I’ve not been keeping my price spreadsheet up to date)

[
For me the benefits outweigh the risks. I was obese and my risk of serious long term health issues was high. Semaglutide has helped me change that. I think it's just something we each need to discern. If you do have concerns I would chat to your GP about it.
I agree and have the same risks of serious health issues if I continue to get bigger and bigger. Not to mention I was actually becoming seriously depressed about my weight. I listen to the Docs Who Lift podcast and they’ve put my mind at ease about any risk of the things that people scaremonger with. Risk vs benefit. Use the meds sensibly.

Reactions: 8
I’m on holiday so have skipped my Monday jab. After no period since the end of Feb, this morning I have come on. Typical.

• Sad
Well thats week 1 on MJ done.
I cant describe the difference its made to my life to not experience food noise, to seemingly experience an approach to food that could be deemed 'normal'. I said to my partner that as OTT as it sounds, not having food noise literally makes me feel like I can just breathe for the first time in forever.

Hunger started creeping back in more quickly Sunday and yesterday the food noise started whispering slightly, I definitely over ate yesterday afternoon, edging towards a binge but stopped myself before it went too far and then realised that what i had eaten, I was so incredibly full from anyway that I physically wouldn't have been able to take it much further anyway.

Had a side effect free week, hopefully that can continue.

Wasn't sure if I was going to weigh myself as I don't want the focus to be taken away from trying to get a handle on my BED and relearning hunger cues, but decided this morning that I would and I'm 5lbs down. So, so far, very happy with the decision I've made about MJ.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Second injection yesterday and six pounds down. I never lose weight like this!
However there has been a significant downside and that’s the wind ! Its downright painful at times

Reactions: 3
This is an interesting article sky news released today, talks about the long term positive effects:

---
I used this for wegovy this morning on pharmacy2u TYBXQQ

Reactions: 6
alot of media today on Ozempic. As somone whose family medical history is high on the stroke/heart attack issues its very reassuring.

Anyone in Ireland fancies listing to the Alive and Kicking podcast which has a feature on Ozempic too. Wide ranging conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.