Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took my last dose of 1mg wegovy 3 weeks ago now...

I know there's a lot of people currently taking it or considering it and had questions about when you stop. Happy to answer any as best as I can.

In the last 3 weeks I've lost another 4lbs and haven't gained through that time. I do feel hungry but nothing compared to before I ever took the injections. I find I'm eating much smaller portions and I can stop when full instead of clearing my plate for the sake of it.

Sickness is gone and the constant cold feeling is gone too. But I have a ton of energy and I can get through workouts without coming home and falling asleep on the couch 😂

So far so good. Gone from a size 14 to a size 8 and I wore a bikini to the pool yesterday for the first time in about 15 years. Going on holiday tomorrow and it felt quite emotional being able to buy the outfits I want to wear instead of just things that will cover me up 💛
I’m glad to hear this as I need to take a break between wegovy and MJ. It says to take 5weeks but the way I have ordered wegovy in the past I can get away with a 2/3 week break before going into MJ. Well done on your achievements 🩷
---
Wegovy people, how long did you stay at 1mg. I’m halfway through my first month and it’s working well, finally seeing the scales go down. Thinking I should stay on this to keep the cost down but also worried of committing to another month of 1mg only to find it’s not enough as my body adjusts and I end up really hungry on it 🤔
I done this and wish I hadn’t bothered, every single dose I’ve tried staying on for a second time stops working on the 1st/2nd dose of the second pen. The 1mg stopped working for me by time I was at the 4th dose of the first pen and I had already purchased the second 1mg pen so I was stuck with it. This week I have been really hungry and the cravings have came back 😭 it was my 7th week on 1mg of wegovy. I have one more dose left to take thank goodness

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask for some advice from anyone who’s been taking Mounjaro.
Im currently on week 3 of 5mg after doing 4 weeks of 2.5mg. I had minimal side effects with the 2.5mg, and then had intense stomach pains days 1-3 of the first 2 shots of 5mg, and no side effects after the 3rd shot. I’ve only lost 5kg over the last 7 weeks since I started the injections, I don’t know if that’s too little or average.
Would you up the dose to the 7.5mg or stay on the 5mg? What is everyone’s experience? I’d like to lose more but also don’t want to be in ridiculous discomfort or move up the injections too quickly. Any advice would be appreciated

The thing that is really bothering me about MJ is that my skin has broken out so badly. I used to suffer with bad skin as a teenager and I had got my skin to such a good place but since I’ve been on MJ it’s been so bad 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask for some advice from anyone who’s been taking Mounjaro.
Im currently on week 3 of 5mg after doing 4 weeks of 2.5mg. I had minimal side effects with the 2.5mg, and then had intense stomach pains days 1-3 of the first 2 shots of 5mg, and no side effects after the 3rd shot. I’ve only lost 5kg over the last 7 weeks since I started the injections, I don’t know if that’s too little or average.
Would you up the dose to the 7.5mg or stay on the 5mg? What is everyone’s experience? I’d like to lose more but also don’t want to be in ridiculous discomfort or move up the injections too quickly. Any advice would be appreciated
Very similar to you except (touch wood) no stomach pains. I’m going up to 7.5 this week. Hoping for less appetite, bigger losses.

You won't be able to click the pen round to get the dose out. I use an insulin needle to withdraw and inject x
I got a full insulin needle and a bit extra out, well worth doing.
---
The thing that is really bothering me about MJ is that my skin has broken out so badly. I used to suffer with bad skin as a teenager and I had got my skin to such a good place but since I’ve been on MJ it’s been so bad 😭
Mine has been so dry, I’m having to slather my face in overnight oil.

Glad others are suffering with skin on MJ! I get odd spots, but these are taking longer than usual to clear and maybe that's why.

Reactions: 2
Oh! ok, so you’re moving up!! Let me know how you get on. I’m wondering whether I should move up or stay on 5mg! 🥴
Very similar to you except (touch wood) no stomach pains. I’m going up to 7.5 this week. Hoping for less appetite, bigger losses.

Thank you! Someone up the thread recommended getting the 1.7 and counting clicks and doing the maths if I did 2 weeks on 1 before moving up I could get at least 5 weeks out the pen so I am considering 🤔 just need to find the clip info.

Do we have a wiki? Thinking we need one for info like that
Here’s the click chart for 1.7 - just an fyi. Don’t count the very first click, count the click from the prime line as the first click. Once you have counted the clicks & before you inject, get a marker or pen and colour in the window, that way you don’t have to count the clicks again on your next dose & you can just twist it until the square of marker/pen fills the window again (hope that makes sense lol)

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
AHHH I’ve just done my first doae of MJ! 😱 I’ve been putting it off all weekend having doubts and worrying about the needle. I did my measurements this morning and my waist measurement terrified me, I think I’ve been in denial. So I just went for it, I’d got myself worked up about the needle but I didn’t even feel it. I’ve had to lay down as I feel so dizzy from the relief of it being ok (this is normal with anything needle related 😂)

7 stone to go…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Morning guys!

Today is weigh day but logged on early for work so will do that later!
I’m on my second pen of MJ, due to take the 5th dose out on Thursday. I was going to order my third pen yesterday ( yes I leave everything until the last min) and I’ve continually said I’ll be ordering another 2.5mg. However, I think I’m going to move up to the 5mg. Last week I found myself snacking on crisps (although didn’t want to admit that to myself) instead of eating proper food. And this morning, I feel like I’ve been starved to death 🤣🤣🤣 so think it’s time for me to up my dosage.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My friend works in a lawyers office and they’re having more and more enquiries about taking legal action for gastroparesis from Ozempic 😫

I take it (wegovy) I’ve kept it to myself so she doesn’t know im taking it and we were just talking about Kylie Jenner and the Kardashian’s obviously being on it to lose so much weight so fast but honestly sort of worried now lol 😅

I have 3 stone ish to lose still ideally and im 2.7-3 stone down in 6 months or so, so I do want to carry on taking it but it does feel v risky when im seeing so much negativity.

does anyone else worry while taking it? :/ im probably just being dramatic

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My friend works in a lawyers office and they’re having more and more enquiries about taking legal action for gastroparesis from Ozempic 😫

I take it (wegovy) I’ve kept it to myself so she doesn’t know im taking it and we were just talking about Kylie Jenner and the Kardashian’s obviously being on it to lose so much weight so fast but honestly sort of worried now lol 😅

I have 3 stone ish to lose still ideally and im 2.7-3 stone down in 6 months or so, so I do want to carry on taking it but it does feel v risky when im seeing so much negativity.

I think it's a personal decision in terms of balancing the risks of taking the medication vs the risks of being obese. As you're nearly done, maybe potential downsides are outweighing the benefits. I can't wait to see my risk of CVD, stroke, diabetes and cancer drop. I just wish it would start working! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've got my last starter dose of mj tomorrow, I'm not sure whether to go ahead and order the next dose up or not, I haven't lost any weight at all and im just wondering if you maybe don't lose menopause weight.. I was never fat before menopause but i just seem to have ballooned since. 😩 But if it's not going to shift the weight because it's hormonal then it's pissing in the wind.. Plus I feel so ropey the day after the injection.

Any ideas anyone?

• Heart
Just weighed myself, I’ve lost 1.8lbs.
This is a two week loss as I forgot last week with my period being so late. Not bad going, I’m 0.4lbs off from being in the next stone bracket… soooo annoying. Maybe if I have a bob (💩) that will be gone 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
I managed to get to get the last 'extra' dose from my Mounjaro pen last night. I found a video online from a British girl who explained and demonstrated it really well. I got 0.7ml in my insulin needle so well worth it!

I bought a pack of 10 needles / syringes off Amazon. Longer needle than the pen but didn't feel a thing!

Reactions: 6

For me the benefits outweigh the risks. I was obese and my risk of serious long term health issues was high. Semaglutide has helped me change that. I think it's just something we each need to discern. If you do have concerns I would chat to your GP about it.

I have been reading here for so long and finally made an account to join in!

I started Wegovy in Sept weighing 12st 9lbs and this morning I weighed in at 10st exactly.
It’s been slow and steady. I’m just over 5ft so even half a stone makes such a difference to me.

I struggled really badly with constipation for the first 6 months and thought about giving up so many times but finally moving up to 1.7mg has been great and now have almost no side effects. I wish I had moved up sooner rather than staying on lower doses longer.

I’m about to start my 3rd month on 1.7mg. I plateaued for a while but now consistently losing 1lb or so a week which I’m happy with since I’m almost at my target.

Stick with it if you can!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had my third weigh-in on 2.5mg MJ yesterday.
Only lost 1.5lbs this week, BUT, I have eaten more as I've been away and had a lot more carbs.
I've also had some constipation and my period came with a vengeance after that 8-10 day delay. Cramps were awful though and I normally suffer with them too badly.
I've ordered my next pen, and am going up to 5mg as per the pharmacists advice.
I'm still nearly a stone down in 3 weeks and wouldn't never have managed that without this.
4th dose taken, so let's see what this week brings.

I have been reading here for so long and finally made an account to join in!

I started Wegovy in Sept weighing 12st 9lbs and this morning I weighed in at 10st exactly.
It’s been slow and steady. I’m just over 5ft so even half a stone makes such a difference to me.

I struggled really badly with constipation for the first 6 months and thought about giving up so many times but finally moving up to 1.7mg has been great and now have almost no side effects. I wish I had moved up sooner rather than staying on lower doses longer.

I’m about to start my 3rd month on 1.7mg. I plateaued for a while but now consistently losing 1lb or so a week which I’m happy with since I’m almost at my target.

Stick with it if you can!
Ahhh welcome!! And congratulations on the 10st marker, that’s amazing. I’m exactly 5ft so totally agree that a 6lb loss makes a huge difference.
My first goal is reach 10 stone and then I hope to progress to 9 stone. I think at 9 stone I still fall into the overweight BMI category which is wild to me 🤣

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.