Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wegovy people, how long did you stay at 1mg. I’m halfway through my first month and it’s working well, finally seeing the scales go down. Thinking I should stay on this to keep the cost down but also worried of committing to another month of 1mg only to find it’s not enough as my body adjusts and I end up really hungry on it 🤔
I stayed on it for 2 months but I regretted it as about a week into the 2nd month I was starving!

Wow that's amazing and really reassuring. How long were you on it and how much did you lose?

I'm about 2.5 stone down and have been on it since January ☺
I started in February and my start weight was 12 stone 3lbs. I'm now 7 stone 10lbs. I worked up to 1mg then stopped when the pen ran out so never went above that dosage :)

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Wegovy people, how long did you stay at 1mg. I’m halfway through my first month and it’s working well, finally seeing the scales go down. Thinking I should stay on this to keep the cost down but also worried of committing to another month of 1mg only to find it’s not enough as my body adjusts and I end up really hungry on it 🤔
In your situation I’d order the bigger pen and count clicks if you don’t wanna go up - makes it lote economical!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It is the same drug. Wegovy is the weight loss brand name, Ozepmic is the diabetic.
Thanks for explaining it, I get what you are saying. But how can be the same when the weight absolutely flew off me with the Ozempic but little or nothing with the Wegovy? I have spent so much now on Wegovy. I might try the next one. Mountjaro? I am not sure I have spelt it correctly. Xx

I have my last shot from the Mounjaro starter pen tonight. Compared to the first 3 doses, it hardly twisted and looks like loads is left in the pen. Is this to be expected or is it faulty? 🤔

I have my last shot from the Mounjaro starter pen tonight. Compared to the first 3 doses, it hardly twisted and looks like loads is left in the pen. Is this to be expected or is it faulty? 🤔
I think it's normal, further back in the thread it was mentioned with a link to buy new needles to get the last bit out.
apparently it's extra to cover the it you push out before you inject but it seems to be as much as another injections worth!

Reactions: 2
I think it's normal, further back in the thread it was mentioned with a link to buy new needles to get the last bit out.
apparently it's extra to cover the it you push out before you inject but it seems to be as much as another injections worth!
Mine is a whole 5th dose!
Thankfully they also sent me plenty of needles so I can make good use of it.
---

Reactions: 2
---

You won't be able to click the pen round to get the dose out. I use an insulin needle to withdraw and inject x

Reactions: 3
Having not had side effects previously my wegovy 1.7mg dose has hit me hard. I'm on week 3 and can't cope with the stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. I'm planning to go back down to 1mg. I take my last 1.7mg dose on Wednesday but want to split it. Does anyone have the link to count the clicks?

• Sad
Hello everyone, delighted I found this thread. Had a good read of all of it. I’m on month 3 of wegovy. Down about 13lb, slow but happy enough with that. I’m in ROI and was getting it through my-bmi. Panicking now as I can’t log into my account for next order, I’ve sent them an email but if I can’t get it through to them what do I do now? I’ve started the 1mg dose and my plan was to get to 2.4 mg then titrate down. I really don’t want to stop cold turkey ! Some people’s losses are just incredible, I think mine is slower than most but for anyone in the same boat as me I think hang in there and try get to the higher dose.
If anyone in Ireland has any advice for me please let me know!

I’m on week 2, month 2 of 1mg and still definitely feeling the appetite suppression. I would say I get hungrier the day of and before my next dose though. I’m probably going to move up to 1.7mg next month.

You won't be able to click the pen round to get the dose out. I use an insulin needle to withdraw and inject x
Thanks for the tip! Where can I find instructions for this please?

ETA found this on Reddit if anyone else is wondering

Last edited:
I’m on week 2, month 2 of 1mg and still definitely feeling the appetite suppression. I would say I get hungrier the day of and before my next dose though. I’m probably going to move up to 1.7mg next month.
Thank you! Someone up the thread recommended getting the 1.7 and counting clicks and doing the maths if I did 2 weeks on 1 before moving up I could get at least 5 weeks out the pen so I am considering 🤔 just need to find the clip info.

Do we have a wiki? Thinking we need one for info like that

I’ve been on MJ for 5 weeks now and haven’t lost much (2lbs) but definitely feeling better and have lost quite a few inches all over.

I’ve been reading a lot of your comments about the amount of liquid left in the MJ pen at the end, and drawing it out with a syringe. There’s an easier way of doing it - you can turn the twisty bit round again but it takes a bit of force! You can use pliers, but I gripped the pen in my teeth 🙈 Just clamp down on it and twist it and eventually it clicks past whatever is locking it and you can keep going. I got just under a full dose out and took that alongside my last normal dose

Reactions: 8
Thanks for explaining it, I get what you are saying. But how can be the same when the weight absolutely flew off me with the Ozempic but little or nothing with the Wegovy? I have spent so much now on Wegovy. I might try the next one. Mountjaro? I am not sure I have spelt it correctly. Xx
Some people just hit a plateau, especially if you lose fast as your body tried to hold on to what it can. Did you move over to the same dose or start again?

I stayed at 1mg of wegovy for 2 months and then at 1.7 for 2 months, I just moved up to 2.4, had 3 doses and been awfully ill the whole time - I kept going to try and get used to it but I'm going to go back down to 1.7 and count clicks, I was losing ok on 1.7 and that seems to be the most I can tolerate.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.