Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m actually new to this thread but came on to see what other people are losing and I’m seeing 7lbs etc for the first week which is making me wonder why I’m not seeing the same. I also thought I’d lose the most in my first week tbh and I’m barely even eating so surely I should be losing more 😭😭😭
I would try not to compare yourself to anyone else! Try and reframe your thinking - firstly, you're on a new healthier eating plan and that's great for your health, and secondly you're 3lbs down from where you were a week ago, and that's a great start!

I had small losses on the low doses of Wegovy but am now at 60 lbs lost and counting. It's not been linear - I've had plateaus and weeks with small losses but steadily it's dropped down and in the process I've been able to reframe my relationship with food and emotional eating (which was my big issue).

Reactions: 11
I would try not to compare yourself to anyone else! Try and reframe your thinking - firstly, you're on a new healthier eating plan and that's great for your health, and secondly you're 3lbs down from where you were a week ago, and that's a great start!

I had small losses on the low doses of Wegovy but am now at 60 lbs lost and counting. It's not been linear - I've had plateaus and weeks with small losses but steadily it's dropped down and in the process I've been able to reframe my relationship with food and emotional eating (which was my big issue).
Aww thanks for this message! So the reason I’m on MJ is I need to lose weight for IVF. I’m only due to stay on it for two months which is why I wana lose as much as possible.. and why I’m stressing I’m not. But you’re right a loss is still a loss!
---
Sometimes a higher weight loss in the first week is water weight. 3lb a week is a good lose. I generally lose around 2lb a week but it's consistent so I'm happy.
If I lost 2lbs consistently every week I’d definitely be happy so fingers crossed! Thanks this is reassuring

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My MJ finally arrived today. I read the instructions, also watched a quick YouTube video and decided to stop overthinking *everything* and did my first injection tonight (completely painless but not sure what I'd expected). I'm looking forward to now joining you all with my weight loss ..hopefully with no/tiny side effects 🙏.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hey I need help please. I’m on week 1 of MJ and only lost 3lbs! I’m not hungry, don’t think of food and don’t snack but I’m still having lunch and dinner but it’s a calorie controlled meal plan, meals are between 500-600 calories. I’m not having breakfast or any snacks after dinner (I used to have a snack every night) it’s working in terms of making me feel full and not wanting to snack etc so I dont think a higher dosage would help as the lower dosage is doing the job. So should I be cutting to one meal a day? I already feel like my daily calorie intake is very low am I supposed to eat nothing to lose or what lol!?
All of these drugs work differently for everyone, there's a ramping up of the dosage to make sure the side effects aren't that bad, but they expect everyone to hit the proper dosage at some point, and this is what/where they gauge the weight loss as. You absolutely could lose no weight until you are on the top dosage, and thats absolutely fine. You shouldn't be restricting yourself, the drugs should temper your hunger and make you feel fuller, and in turn you eat less. When this happens the best thing to do is try and get protein into you firstly.
Don't be disheartened or compare yourself to others, some people have success on the lowest dosage, some need the highest.

Reactions: 7
The 2.4 you mean? This is interesting as I’ve been at 3 for months now and am officially gaining and losing the same 5lbs for the past 3 months.

Weirdly, the most it ever worked for me was at the 1.8 dose, but also during that time I was violently ill a few days so not totally ideal.

Might try dropping down a dose or two just to see if anything will give me a boost.
Yes, sorry I meant the 2.4ml dose. I have a script for another 2 months so might just stick it out till then and if I don't see results I'll prob come off it. It's just mad money to be spending if it's not working.

Reactions: 1
Aww thanks for this message! So the reason I’m on MJ is I need to lose weight for IVF. I’m only due to stay on it for two months which is why I wana lose as much as possible.. and why I’m stressing I’m not. But you’re right a loss is still a loss!
---

If I lost 2lbs consistently every week I’d definitely be happy so fingers crossed! Thanks this is reassuring
Hi,
Good luck with your IVF journey.
So, just a thought, but if you're only meant to be on it for 2 months, do you only have a small amount to lose? If so, you're not going to see those higher number losses like others do. 3lbs is great!
I'm also interested as it's not really a short term drug, so a lot of people don't see full effects for the first few months. Was it doctor recommended for a short-term loss?

Reactions: 3
got my 1.7 wegovy in the fridge ready for next week.

i’ve lost over 2.5st with just one to go now. feel miles better physically and mentally! i actually crave salad now which is bizarre, normally make one big salad for lunch and graze on the leftovers for dinner because i can never finish it. actually feel confident to wear shorts in this nice weather now!!

hope everybody has a nice weekend !

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi,
Good luck with your IVF journey.
So, just a thought, but if you're only meant to be on it for 2 months, do you only have a small amount to lose? If so, you're not going to see those higher number losses like others do. 3lbs is great!
I'm also interested as it's not really a short term drug, so a lot of people don't see full effects for the first few months. Was it doctor recommended for a short-term loss?
Hi thank you! Actually no I’ve quite a bit to lose bmi is 34. It was my ivf doctor who suggested it as I’m taking a break from ivf due to other reasons so it made sense to try lose weight in this time but it’s not something I want to stay on long term as I want to go back to ivf hope that makes sense.

MJ day 1 felt awful, MJ day 2 felt better, MJ day 3 feel back to normal. The lack of hunger and not snacking is so weird. I've not had an alcoholic drink since Tuesday evening. Feeling a lot more positive now that the early headache has passed.

Reactions: 1
So, I'm right at the end of W3 of my first month of MJ (due to take injection 4 tomorrow) and FINALLY my period has arrived. Should have known as my stomach has been a little 'upset' and for the first time in weeks I've felt really bloated.
So that's 8-10 days late based on my regular cycle, which seems quite common with what other people have posted.

I took my last dose of 1mg wegovy 3 weeks ago now...

I know there's a lot of people currently taking it or considering it and had questions about when you stop. Happy to answer any as best as I can.

In the last 3 weeks I've lost another 4lbs and haven't gained through that time. I do feel hungry but nothing compared to before I ever took the injections. I find I'm eating much smaller portions and I can stop when full instead of clearing my plate for the sake of it.

Sickness is gone and the constant cold feeling is gone too. But I have a ton of energy and I can get through workouts without coming home and falling asleep on the couch 😂

So far so good. Gone from a size 14 to a size 8 and I wore a bikini to the pool yesterday for the first time in about 15 years. Going on holiday tomorrow and it felt quite emotional being able to buy the outfits I want to wear instead of just things that will cover me up 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I took my last dose of 1mg wegovy 3 weeks ago now...

I know there's a lot of people currently taking it or considering it and had questions about when you stop. Happy to answer any as best as I can.

In the last 3 weeks I've lost another 4lbs and haven't gained through that time. I do feel hungry but nothing compared to before I ever took the injections. I find I'm eating much smaller portions and I can stop when full instead of clearing my plate for the sake of it.

Sickness is gone and the constant cold feeling is gone too. But I have a ton of energy and I can get through workouts without coming home and falling asleep on the couch 😂

So far so good. Gone from a size 14 to a size 8 and I wore a bikini to the pool yesterday for the first time in about 15 years. Going on holiday tomorrow and it felt quite emotional being able to buy the outfits I want to wear instead of just things that will cover me up 💛
Wow that's amazing and really reassuring. How long were you on it and how much did you lose?

I'm about 2.5 stone down and have been on it since January ☺

Reactions: 4
For those of not loosing as much as others, I’ve been losing barely 1lbs for the last few weeks and today, 3.3lbs down! I’m now 1stone 11 down but it has been slow. Keep with it and trust the process.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
For those of not loosing as much as others, I’ve been losing barely 1lbs for the last few weeks and today, 3.3lbs down! I’m now 1stone 11 down but it has been slow. Keep with it and trust the process.
Do you mind me asking which one are you taking and how long have you been taking it for please?

Do you mind me asking which one are you taking and how long have you been taking it for please?
I’m on Mounjaro, currently on week 2 of 7.5mg so week 10.

Not all this loss was mounjaro. I lost a bit on ozempic before the shortage last year, put some back on (my own fault).

So I have lost 12 lbs in the 10 weeks. I’m a slow loser I think because of previous ozempic use and PCOS but I’m willing to take my time.

Reactions: 3
Wegovy people, how long did you stay at 1mg. I’m halfway through my first month and it’s working well, finally seeing the scales go down. Thinking I should stay on this to keep the cost down but also worried of committing to another month of 1mg only to find it’s not enough as my body adjusts and I end up really hungry on it 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.