Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure I’ve read on here before a lady who contacted Boots about this and I’ve read back and I can’t see it. Does anyone know when you’d be stopped from having the prescription for the jab? I’ve been on Sax/Wegovy now since May and have lost 50lb, BMI finally gone under 30. I’ve always had it through Boots so they have all my history. Just wondered how much longer I’d be able to get my prescription for and when they decide I’m no longer eligible?
Yes it was me! I just used the regular message function to ask as I knew I was about to drop below 30. Their reply said they will supply me until I reach my goal weight or a 23 BMI, They said there would be no need to taper off either. But I’d prefer to do it that way. As it is my goal weight is around a 24 BMI so I should be able to get a continued supply for at least a while do a maintenance dose and then try and taper off.

Congrats on your weight loss! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m intrigued and also concerned, what makes Jonathan Hari an expert? Is he an endocrinologist? I’m a bit sceptical about people who write books about health or eating or diets 🤷‍♀️
I thought the same! As far as I know he is not only taking Ozempic himself but spent 12 months researching and speaking to to industry leaders, the two main companies that make the pens as well as hundreds of people that take the drug both successfully and unsuccessfully.
He had access to all the trials and research documents and is considered to be well placed to offer a balanced argument (which after listening to the podcast he does). I believe he js a journalist and researcher overall but listening to the pod certainly helped to clarify my own thoughts and make a decision to go forwards and order the pen. So glad it’s also working for you! X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I read these storys and I’ve never been so happy for so many strangers on the internet ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I read these storys and I’ve never been so happy for so many strangers on the internet ☺
I know. I feel the same. This has literally changed my life. I feel so sad my mum wasn’t able to have this stuff all those years ago. I’ve spoken to others who feel the same. But we sort of whisper amongst ourselves because we are a bit scared others might have preconceptions and try to dissuade / judge us. When people start noticing my weight loss I will be honest with them that’s for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hey everyone! I’m approaching this feeling just totally fed up with myself and my life at the moment. I was referred to the weight loss programme more than a year ago and after regular chasing up, my gp has fast tracked me to tier 4 weight loss management. I’m yet to hear anything more but understand that this is medication/surgery depending on progress. Everyone on here seems to be saying that even if they want to prescribe weight loss medication though it’s likely they can’t due to supply issues if I’ve read correctly?

I’m considering buying privately now because I want to improve my chances for fertility and I can’t keep putting life on hold!

Has anyone had experience of being on the top end of BMI and losing weight through one of there? I’m thinking of going for Wegovy but it’s all such a minefield. Also how did people decide what diet to follow?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mine has just arrived and I've hidden it in the fridge to start tomorrow. Just had to tell someone :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I have randomly started being sick since my injection on Sunday. I can’t even keep water down! 🙁 been off work.

I’m on 1.7mg and so confused, never had this before and really concerned - I can’t keep anything down at all and have diarrhoea. I’ve told my family oh it’s probably just a stomach bug but if this goes on for much longer I’ll be screwed and can’t say it’s a stomach bug.

I’m intrigued and also concerned, what makes Jonathan Hari an expert? Is he an endocrinologist? I’m a bit sceptical about people who write books about health or eating or diets 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, me too. He’s a disgraced former journalist. Can’t remember which paper he worked for, possibly the Independent? He was cancelled for plagiarism and editing Wikipedia entries against anyone who criticised him. Not very trustworthy, is he?

Hey everyone! I’m approaching this feeling just totally fed up with myself and my life at the moment. I was referred to the weight loss programme more than a year ago and after regular chasing up, my gp has fast tracked me to tier 4 weight loss management. I’m yet to hear anything more but understand that this is medication/surgery depending on progress. Everyone on here seems to be saying that even if they want to prescribe weight loss medication though it’s likely they can’t due to supply issues if I’ve read correctly?

I’m considering buying privately now because I want to improve my chances for fertility and I can’t keep putting life on hold!

Has anyone had experience of being on the top end of BMI and losing weight through one of there? I’m thinking of going for Wegovy but it’s all such a minefield. Also how did people decide what diet to follow?
Hi, I started on wegovy in January with a BMI of 37 which is now down to 32. I'm just over 2 stone down and feel great. I have minor side effects, a little nausea for a couple of days after the jab, and I seem to feel cold a lot.

I buy it privately as I just wanted to get started and it's hard to get appointments at our doctor's, plus I read about problems getting it prescribed.

I went for wegovy as I didn't want to inject daily and I didn't know anything about mounjaro and I'm happy with my choice. I also track my calories using the lose it app, just to make sure I'm not overeating, although to be honest I generally struggle to get up to my suggested intake as most of the time I feel full.

Hi, I started on wegovy in January with a BMI of 37 which is now down to 32. I'm just over 2 stone down and feel great. I have minor side effects, a little nausea for a couple of days after the jab, and I seem to feel cold a lot.

I buy it privately as I just wanted to get started and it's hard to get appointments at our doctor's, plus I read about problems getting it prescribed.

I went for wegovy as I didn't want to inject daily and I didn't know anything about mounjaro and I'm happy with my choice. I also track my calories using the lose it app, just to make sure I'm not overeating, although to be honest I generally struggle to get up to my suggested intake as most of the time I feel full.
Congratulations on your weight loss! I’m a bit torn between Wegovy and Mounjaro to be honest because I want to start on the right foot.

Did you change your diet at all or just eat less of what you were eating?

Reactions: 1
Yes it was me! I just used the regular message function to ask as I knew I was about to drop below 30. Their reply said they will supply me until I reach my goal weight or a 23 BMI, They said there would be no need to taper off either. But I’d prefer to do it that way. As it is my goal weight is around a 24 BMI so I should be able to get a continued supply for at least a while do a maintenance dose and then try and taper off.

Congrats on your weight loss! 💕
Oh wow, 23 BMI seems very generous lol! Thank you for replying ❤

• Heart
Mine has just arrived and I've hidden it in the fridge to start tomorrow. Just had to tell someone :ROFLMAO:
Don’t hide it tell your loved ones you’re doing this. I told my husband and he’s been really supportive. Told him I might not be drinking wine with him twice a week anymore!! Think he was relieved tbh 😂😂😂 It’s been so nice though knowing that he knows in case I feel unwell etc. All I’ve done is keep showing him how much weight I’ve lost !! Also when we went out for our usual Saturday lunch I only fancied a salad and he didn’t query that as I told him my appetite has changed.Just makes it even easier

Hope you all don’t mind me being a little nosey. I’m really contemplating starting but want to get some more perspectives first. I’m a single mom so it’s an awful amount of money to spend 🙈

How old is everyone? I’m 29 and feeling like such a failure that I can’t do this on my mind - I keep blaming it on tiredness and my little boy keeping me up in the night so I just snack on chocolates etc and feel the need to eat them all the time, just rubbish excuses really that I just can’t shake
What brand injections are you using?
What was your starting weight and how much have you lost?

Sorry if it’s too much, haven’t read the previous threads but currently half way through this one - well done to all of you who are doing so amazing, you’re really inspiring me!
Hi! Feel free to be nosey. I totally understand being cautious in spending the money, the prices are horrid.

I’m 32, started at 258lbs in June of 2023 (so just over 38 BMI, if I remember right?) and last time I weight myself was at 196lbs. I am on Wegovy, and previously was on Ozempic (which is the same medication just a different brand name). I order through Boots and have been very happy with their customer service but you can definitely find better deals sometimes. I really struggled with late night snacks and emotional eating before the medication and I've found that has almost completely stopped now - save for a little bit of PMS craving close to my period. I think maybe because the med cuts down all the 'food noise' in my head? So if I'm sad/mad/bored/lonely or whatever the first thought isn't 'Oh I'm going to have a chocolate bar to make myself feel better'. I don't follow a specific diet but I do try to eat protein at every meal and get in my five a day and lots of water.

I very much relate to that fed up feeling. I don't want to give false hope or anything but in the FB groups and subreddits I have seen quite a few success stories from women who have lost weight using these meds and then fallen pregnant. Including women who have PCOS.

I think the main issue at the moment with the NHS route is that the waitlists for the tier 4 service are super long (though if your GP has fast tracked you, maybe it won't be too bad? Might be worth asking how long you'll have to wait). Supplies are better now than they were last year, at least in the UK.

Oh wow, 23 BMI seems very generous lol! Thank you for replying ❤
Yes! I would be very svelt if I got to 23 lol. I don't think I've been that light since I was in my early teens. 😂

Hi! Feel free to be nosey. I totally understand being cautious in spending the money, the prices are horrid.

I’m 32, started at 258lbs in June of 2023 (so just over 38 BMI, if I remember right?) and last time I weight myself was at 196lbs. I am on Wegovy, and previously was on Ozempic (which is the same medication just a different brand name). I order through Boots and have been very happy with their customer service but you can definitely find better deals sometimes. I really struggled with late night snacks and emotional eating before the medication and I've found that has almost completely stopped now - save for a little bit of PMS craving close to my period. I think maybe because the med cuts down all the 'food noise' in my head? So if I'm sad/mad/bored/lonely or whatever the first thought isn't 'Oh I'm going to have a chocolate bar to make myself feel better'. I don't follow a specific diet but I do try to eat protein at every meal and get in my five a day and lots of water.

I very much relate to that fed up feeling. I don't want to give false hope or anything but in the FB groups and subreddits I have seen quite a few success stories from women who have lost weight using these meds and then fallen pregnant. Including women who have PCOS.

I think the main issue at the moment with the NHS route is that the waitlists for the tier 4 service are super long (though if your GP has fast tracked you, maybe it won't be too bad? Might be worth asking how long you'll have to wait). Supplies are better now than they were last year, at least in the UK.

Yes! I would be very svelt if I got to 23 lol. I don't think I've been that light since I was in my early teens. 😂

Thank you for coming back to me! I’m trying to think positively and that success in that area would just be an added bonus at this point, I know I need to lose weight for my mental and physical health at this point.

Yeah that’s a good point about asking about the wait times, up to this point though it’s been pointless because every department just blames the lack of knowledge on another department unfortunately.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and order later today.

• Heart
Congratulations on your weight loss! I’m a bit torn between Wegovy and Mounjaro to be honest because I want to start on the right foot.

Did you change your diet at all or just eat less of what you were eating?
Thank you ☺

I eat more protein now and less takeaways but to be honest it's been very natural. I've also reduced portion control.

You lost two stones a month; on average. Wow, congratulations how do you feel?
The first couple of stone seemed to fly off and then towards the end of each dosage I've plateaued. But keeping consistent at the gym and staying in a calorie deficit has been key to making sure when I do stop wegovy that I can maintain my weight. I expect to gain some back (my initial goal was 9 stone so I've gone well below this).

Honestly I think wegovy has only been half the battle. Its meant I've totally changed the amount I can eat in one sitting or in one day but the lifestyle changes have meant I've lost a lot quicker.

Had some mild symptoms apart from week 1 of 1mg when I seriously considered giving it up. But apart from that I feel great. Its the best thing I've ever done and I've completely changed my body in 11 weeks. At 12stone I wasn't massively overweight and was just at the top end for my height and age. Because I'm so short I carry all my weight on my stomach and hips...for the first time since I had my daughter my stomach is pretty much flat.

I do have some loose skin which I'm having removed in the summer but I'm hoping by then to have stayed at a consistent weight range.

• Heart
5mg Mounjaro is doing the thing ❤ I switched because I'd hit such a plateau and feeling good, not as tired as wegovy and better bowels :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4