Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys hope your all well. Has anybody skipped a week when on 0.25 wegovy? I have been having bad side effects the first few days after taking it and feel like taking a weeks break and then going back to it , not sure if this is okay

Hi guys hope your all well. Has anybody skipped a week when on 0.25 wegovy? I have been having bad side effects the first few days after taking it and feel like taking a weeks break and then going back to it , not sure if this is okay
From my experience breaks can make it worse.

Reactions: 2
Hey everyone! I’m approaching this feeling just totally fed up with myself and my life at the moment. I was referred to the weight loss programme more than a year ago and after regular chasing up, my gp has fast tracked me to tier 4 weight loss management. I’m yet to hear anything more but understand that this is medication/surgery depending on progress. Everyone on here seems to be saying that even if they want to prescribe weight loss medication though it’s likely they can’t due to supply issues if I’ve read correctly?

I’m considering buying privately now because I want to improve my chances for fertility and I can’t keep putting life on hold!

Has anyone had experience of being on the top end of BMI and losing weight through one of there? I’m thinking of going for Wegovy but it’s all such a minefield. Also how did people decide what diet to follow?
I'm in a similar situation (apart from the fertility thing). I got referred to WMS a year ago, but since then I've heard absolutely nothing. Not even a letter saying I'm on a waiting list and giving a rough indication of timescales. I'm at the upper end of the BMI scale, and I've just had to go on BP medication, which was the point at which I decided to bite the bullet and pay. I chose Mounjaro simply because it's supposed to be slightly more effective, with slightly fewer side effects, and I reckoned that was worth paying a bit extra for.

I'm midway through week 3 and I've lost 13 lbs, so I'm very happy with the results. The effect of the medication has been mind-blowing - it's like a switch has been flicked in my head, and I feel like what I'm now experiencing must be what it's like to be 'normal'. I use that word advisedly - it's not like your appetite disappears completely, or you suddenly become totally indifferent to your favourite foods, but all of that now seems totally manageable and in proportion. That's been my experience so far, anyway.

Without wanting to sound judgemental, I don't think these drugs should be anybody's first option for a quick/ easy fix, because they're expensive and there are side effects. But if you've got a significant amount of weight to lose, and you have long-standing issues with food/ weight that you have genuinely tried hard to address through diet without success, I think they may be a necessary medication in the same way as, say, antidepressants are for some people. Including potentially being a long -term thing. Now that I've experienced the effects, I don't remotely feel like a 'failure' or a 'cheat' - in fact in a weird way I actually feel vindicated, if that makes sense?

Anyway, sorry for the long reply, but hopefully some of that might be helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The effect of the medication has been mind-blowing - it's like a switch has been flicked in my head, and I feel like what I'm now experiencing must be what it's like to be 'normal'. I use that word advisedly - it's not like your appetite disappears completely, or you suddenly become totally indifferent to your favourite foods, but all of that now seems totally manageable and in proportion. That's been my experience so far, anyway.
I could have written this. These drugs are nothing short of a miracle. I feel like a normal person who doesn’t need to seek chocolate bars at every meal or as a snack option or to make me feel happy when I’m on my own. I am choosing healthier options naturally. I walked past the chocolate bar aisle in supermarket yesterday, whereas in the past I’d have treated myself to a couple. I wish someone would write an article about what the hell is going on with that cos it’s incredible. Sorry I keep going on about it at every opportunity but I can be evangelical on here as only other peeps I can do this to are my husband and daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm 31 and I started Feb 16th 2024.

Starting weight- 12 stone 3lbs
Current weight- 8 stone 4lbs

I use wegovy (currently on week 2 of 1mg) which I order from chemist4u. It's £169 every 4 weeks but I've had a few 10% discounts so got it slightly cheaper a couple of times.

I'm eating a protein heavy diet with little and often through the day and I go to the gym 5x a week for cardio and 3x a week for weight training.

I also have a 6 year old little girl if that helps. I'll be stopping after this current pen but I've made huge changes to my diet and exercise and have anticipated gaining some weight back when I stop (I've gone under my t
---
Do you mean 2023? That is an unrealistic weight loss in 2 months. Even people dying and not eating don't lost four stone in two months 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
An Irish blogger has come out and said she is on these drugs and the judgement on her thread here is monumental. Some referring to this as the easy way out or obesity not been a disease just a malaise. Made my blood boil and also made me realise when I felt judged after putting on a pile of weight that I was probably right.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I could have written this. These drugs are nothing short of a miracle. I feel like a normal person who doesn’t need to seek chocolate bars at every meal or as a snack option or to make me feel happy when I’m on my own. I am choosing healthier options naturally. I walked past the chocolate bar aisle in supermarket yesterday, whereas in the past I’d have treated myself to a couple. I wish someone would write an article about what the hell is going on with that cos it’s incredible. Sorry I keep going on about it at every opportunity but I can be evangelical on here as only other peeps I can do this to are my husband and daughter.
Same ❤

I have battled with food, my weight and body image for 33 years and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm in control. I am not on a diet, I am not bingeing, I am eating the same food as my family totally guilt free. I need to lose weight and that is a really good side effect but for me it is all those other things that are the real benefits. I actually feel like a normal person that can eat what they fancy and stop when they are full. I'm just over 5 weeks in and I can say it has so far been life changing.

Eta: the whole 'eat less, move more' BS does my head in. For a lot of people it is a deep rooted disorder that needs more than a soundbite to fix.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
An Irish blogger has come out and said she is on these drugs and the judgement on her thread here is monumental. Some referring to this as the easy way out or obesity not been a disease just a malaise. Made my blood boil and also made me realise when I felt judged after putting on a pile of weight that I was probably right.
Which one?

Reactions: 1
Same ❤

I have battled with food, my weight and body image for 33 years and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm in control. I am not on a diet, I am not bingeing, I am eating the same food as my family totally guilt free. I need to lose weight and that is a really good side effect but for me it is all those other things that are the real benefits. I actually feel like a normal person that can eat what they fancy and stop when they are full. I'm just over 5 weeks in and I can say it has so far been life changing.

Eta: the whole 'eat less, move more' BS does my head in. For a lot of people it is a deep rooted disorder that needs more than a soundbite to fix.
Are we the same person?!

• Haha
Rosemary McCabe. she lives in America and is sourcing a generic drug there but at least she is been honest.
The only thing I'd say without knowing her specifically, is that the US is very much looser in why and who these drugs are given out, here at least we have to hit a high BMI with usually a co-morbidity.

I’m about to start Semaglutide - Am I right in thinking it’s the same thing as Ozempic etc? I’m excited to start as I’m 21st 9lbs currently.

Just wondering if people have drunk alcohol whilst using it? I’m not a big drinking but I have a wedding in 2 weeks and don’t know whether to start now or wait until after the wedding.

I’m about to start Semaglutide - Am I right in thinking it’s the same thing as Ozempic etc? I’m excited to start as I’m 21st 9lbs currently.

Just wondering if people have drunk alcohol whilst using it? I’m not a big drinking but I have a wedding in 2 weeks and don’t know whether to start now or wait until after the wedding.
Yes Ozempic and Wegovy are both Semaglutide. You may find your tolerance to alcohol is quite low but my ADHD meds already make it low and I don't drink much myself so I'll let someone else advise there.

I am on 0.25 had my third injection today , so one more ,
I have had a few drinks on it with no side effects, though I am only on the lowest dose to get use to it that might change as the dose gets higher

The only thing I'd say without knowing her specifically, is that the US is very much looser in why and who these drugs are given out, here at least we have to hit a high BMI with usually a co-morbidity.
Given the figures Rosemary quoted she is very heavy and qualifies on that basis.
I was on week 1 of Oz last week and had one drink out socially. Felt quiet sick. But if your not a big drinker I'd start now.

I'm in a similar situation (apart from the fertility thing). I got referred to WMS a year ago, but since then I've heard absolutely nothing. Not even a letter saying I'm on a waiting list and giving a rough indication of timescales. I'm at the upper end of the BMI scale, and I've just had to go on BP medication, which was the point at which I decided to bite the bullet and pay. I chose Mounjaro simply because it's supposed to be slightly more effective, with slightly fewer side effects, and I reckoned that was worth paying a bit extra for.

I'm midway through week 3 and I've lost 13 lbs, so I'm very happy with the results. The effect of the medication has been mind-blowing - it's like a switch has been flicked in my head, and I feel like what I'm now experiencing must be what it's like to be 'normal'. I use that word advisedly - it's not like your appetite disappears completely, or you suddenly become totally indifferent to your favourite foods, but all of that now seems totally manageable and in proportion. That's been my experience so far, anyway.

Without wanting to sound judgemental, I don't think these drugs should be anybody's first option for a quick/ easy fix, because they're expensive and there are side effects. But if you've got a significant amount of weight to lose, and you have long-standing issues with food/ weight that you have genuinely tried hard to address through diet without success, I think they may be a necessary medication in the same way as, say, antidepressants are for some people. Including potentially being a long -term thing. Now that I've experienced the effects, I don't remotely feel like a 'failure' or a 'cheat' - in fact in a weird way I actually feel vindicated, if that makes sense?

Anyway, sorry for the long reply, but hopefully some of that might be helpful.
Thank you for coming back to me, this is a really helpful answer! I really hope I feel that switch because I can’t live the way I’m doing things anymore!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far that’s excellent!

I’m definitely not looking for a quick fix personally, this has been a long time coming for me with years of issues with my weight. My hope is that by shutting off some of the noise I can reframe my eating habits and improve my health generally. The fertility factor is a bit pressing for me in terms of timing in some regards but I’m not hinging everything on it and it’s not the be all and end all. I need to sort out my health and mental well-being more importantly. I honestly can’t remember any time in the last 15 years where I haven’t struggled with my weight and it just feels like such an almighty waste of time!

I completely agree with you about them becoming a necessary treatment because it needs to be taken seriously. I think sadly there is a difference between people who just want to lose some weight and people who have had years of mental anguish over it and need medical intervention. It’s hard.

I just really hope that along with journey I hear from the WMS and get some therapeutic help.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Went up to 1mg wegovy on Sunday. I was so nervous but it’s been brilliant! Finally feel like I’m in the zone, massively reduced appetite and when I eat I’m choosing much healthier options. Had a lovely salad for dinner and then went for a walk with my son. My craving for wine has disappeared too (that went from the very first injection of 0.25 to be fair). Feel great! So happy ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Right!
I've been reading these threads for a while and think I'm ready to take the plunge
I will weigh myself and fill in the form,
I have seen adverts for asda, boots superdrug and medexpress?
Can you please recommend one?
I'm hopeless at making decisions but the time has come, I am no longer fitting in any clothes, get knackered going up and down stairs and finally,shaving my legs has become really difficult!!
Please help me with the choices 🙏

Right!
I've been reading these threads for a while and think I'm ready to take the plunge
I will weigh myself and fill in the form,
I have seen adverts for asda, boots superdrug and medexpress?
Can you please recommend one?
I'm hopeless at making decisions but the time has come, I am no longer fitting in any clothes, get knackered going up and down stairs and finally,shaving my legs has become really difficult!!
Please help me with the choices 🙏
I use Asda and are really happy with them x

Reactions: 4
10.2 lbs down now nearing the end of my 4th week on MJ. I signed up with Second Nature so there’s also a group chat, a health coach, recipes and lots of support if needed. It’s more expensive then than buying direct but I like the support bit and makes me feel bit more secure in that sense.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.