Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 24 hours in from my first jab of Wegovy. I was amazed at the injection, I genuinely felt nothing at all. Absolutely no change at all yet.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
I start my 5mg pen of mounjaro today. 17lbs down in the first month but the last two days I have been starving and finding it hard to resist overeating. I am definitely ready for the next pen!

Reactions: 4
Tomorrow will be my 4th MJ jab - never ever dieted and felt like the time has passed quickly before! I'm usually counting down the seconds to a cheat day.

SW 201lb
CW 185lb
GW 140lb

I find day 5/6 are the only days I start thinking about food (going in the kitchen and opening the fridge for a look ... but not actually giving in and raiding it). I've also been unintentionally intermittent fasting - I feel so much better in the mornings!

Reactions: 8
Hello, I’m looking for some advice please. I started MJ at the end of March and have lost 15lbs so far. I felt that 2.5mg was working well so ordered 2.5mg again for my second month. But I’m so hungry and the food noise is back! Really wishing I had moved up to 5mg. Does anyone know if it’s possible to double up for the next few weeks, then order 5mg? I’m hoping asda will let me order again a bit sooner. Thanks!

Do you mean 2023? That is an unrealistic weight loss in 2 months. Even people dying and not eating don't lost four stone in two months 🤔😂
My first injection was 16/2/24.

Happy to post a photo of my current weight if that would make you better satisfied?

I was massively bloated, retaining a lot of fluid and as I said the first 2 stone dropped off very quickly. I'm also staying very active and eating well (admittedly at the beginning I found eating very difficult at all). I also had a very bad week when I started 1mg where I couldn't keep anything down and lost a lot of weight then.

Sorry its working well for me I don't really know what to tell you...

• Haha
I made the huge mistake of having a chippy tea last night, albeit a quarter of the amount I would have usually had but oh gosh I am paying for it today, I have the most severe stomach cramps I think I have ever experienced. I’m breathing through them like bloody contractions.

• Haha
I had my second injection on Tuesday and I haven't lost any weight at all! In fact I seem to have put some on judging by the scales.
I've eaten so much less too and been out on my bike every day (which is also a new thing to do.) wtf.
I'm so disheartened. I wonder if all this menopause tit is stopping it working. I was naturally slim before the menopause started. 😭

Reactions: 3
I had my second injection on Tuesday and I haven't lost any weight at all! In fact I seem to have put some on judging by the scales.
I've eaten so much less too and been out on my bike every day (which is also a new thing to do.) wtf.
I'm so disheartened. I wonder if all this menopause tit is stopping it working. I was naturally slim before the menopause started. 😭
Try not to be too disheartened which I get is easier said than done. You aren’t actually meant to lose any weight on the first few doses.
If you’ve been out on your bike everyday then perhaps you’ve gained muscle weight as opposed to fat gain.

• Heart

Happy to post a photo of my current weight if that would make you better satisfied?

I was massively bloated, retaining a lot of fluid and as I said the first 2 stone dropped off very quickly. I'm also staying very active and eating well (admittedly at the beginning I found eating very difficult at all). I also had a very bad week when I started 1mg where I couldn't keep anything down and lost a lot of weight then.

I completely get this. I did slimming world a few years ago, in the first week I lost 12lb. Hope your success continues ☺

Try not to be too disheartened which I get is easier said than done. You aren’t actually meant to lose any weight on the first few doses.
If you’ve been out on your bike everyday then perhaps you’ve gained muscle weight as opposed to fat gain.

Thank you. 🩷
It's so tit getting old.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm still researching this and going back and forth if it's something I want to do... the main thing putting me off is potential hair loss, although I've read this isn't necessarily due to the medication but down to the weight loss. Are there any known ways to minimise the risk of hair loss?

For those of you who have switched between Wegovy and Mounjaro - which did you find better with the least side affects?

Reactions: 1
I'm still researching this and going back and forth if it's something I want to do... the main thing putting me off is potential hair loss, although I've read this isn't necessarily due to the medication but down to the weight loss. Are there any known ways to minimise the risk of hair loss?

For those of you who have switched between Wegovy and Mounjaro - which did you find better with the least side affects?
Eat enough protein I think will help to minimise hair loss.

Reactions: 3
Excited to join this thread as I just took my 1st injection of wegovy 0.25mg last night. Or I think I did.... I forgot to test the flow with the one drop thing and I dont feel any different today so now I'm paranoid that I didn't actually inject anything!

Question- does the visible amount of fluid in the pen reduce after the first dose? Mine still looks completely full so I've convinced myself it didn't work. I felt injecting it that it went in fine but second guessing myself now!!

Working well for me too. I just find it mind blowing that someone can lose 4 stone in two months..... Like how are you still healthy? Have you not felt exhausted? And how's your skin?
---
Oh and definitely don't post pics, don't want to compromise your security #iykyk

Reactions: 9
Excited to join this thread as I just took my 1st injection of wegovy 0.25mg last night. Or I think I did.... I forgot to test the flow with the one drop thing and I dont feel any different today so now I'm paranoid that I didn't actually inject anything!

Question- does the visible amount of fluid in the pen reduce after the first dose? Mine still looks completely full so I've convinced myself it didn't work. I felt injecting it that it went in fine but second guessing myself now!!
First one of wegovy often won't show the plunger yet, but if it clicked the whole way you're fine!
Might take a day or two to start getting the good symptoms, day 1 I never feel it as much.

• Heart
Seeing a lot of posts in the last few pages saying people aren’t experiencing any effect after a day/week/month - this is not an instant fix. If you’re looking for a magic potion, this isn’t it. The first few doses are low to get your body used to the medication.

That said, if you don’t lose 5-10% of your starting weight in the first 3 months (starting weight dependent) then the medication isn’t working for you and you need to explore other options (e.g. wegovy rather than MJ or vice versa)

Hope this helps!

• Heart
I’m on week 7 of Mounjaro. Have had no major side effects until this week and now they have hit me like a truck. I have been living on Imodium this past 4 days. It doesn’t make any sense to me why this is happening now? If it had happened when I moved up a dose it would have been understandable. Has this happened anyone else?

I’m on week 7 of Mounjaro. Have had no major side effects until this week and now they have hit me like a truck. I have been living on Imodium this past 4 days. It doesn’t make any sense to me why this is happening now? If it had happened when I moved up a dose it would have been understandable. Has this happened anyone else?
I'm on wegovy and had a very similar experience. It settled down after a few days. I was also mid dose and probably 10 weeks in.

Week 3 of mounjaro, haven’t been able to sleep past 4/5am cos when I wake up for a week my tummy feels odd so can’t get back to sleep 😭🤪

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.