Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m two weeks into MJ and have lost half a stone. This is incredible!! I’ve been eating the Same meals but eating much less at many of them and have more of less cut our snacking, especially solo and in the evening. I feel so much less hungry than normal! Side effects have been really minimal, bit of a gripey tummy, little bit windy but that’s about it. I can see how this could be addictive. I only planned to do it for a couple of months to lose weight before and after a big holiday. However my BMI was 34 at starting so will have to consider if I want to take it longer term!

Reactions: 10
Never been so cold in my entire life 😩 I cannot heat up - had the fire on all morning, my oodie and fleecy joggers (I'm working from home) and I've just boiled the kettle for my hot water bottle 😂 I look like I'm preparing for a bitter winter! I mentioned it at my last doctors appointment and she just said yeah that can happen 🙃 I'd rather be cold and nearly 4 stone lighter though so I'll take shivering

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Never been so cold in my entire life 😩 I cannot heat up - had the fire on all morning, my oodie and fleecy joggers (I'm working from home) and I've just boiled the kettle for my hot water bottle 😂 I look like I'm preparing for a bitter winter! I mentioned it at my last doctors appointment and she just said yeah that can happen 🙃 I'd rather be cold and nearly 4 stone lighter though so I'll take shivering
Would some hand warmers help? You can get them on Amazon and in Boots. Probably other places too! Anyway, they’re little pouches you can snap and put in your pocket or just hold to keep your hands warm.

Also heat patches that people use for back pain etc could be helpful? They stay warm for ages. I use one sometimes for period pain. But in the dead of winter I have been know to just put one on for some extra warmth 😆 https://www.boots.com/boots-direct-to-skin-heat-patch-4-patches

Hey all!!

Weekly weigh in update from me. This week I have lost 1.5lbs. Part of me hoped that it would have been more as I had a small gain of 0.6lb last week.

However, I think I’ve read far too many threads on Reddit and I’m comparing my journey to others who seem to have lost 83992 stone in 2 weeks.

If I honour myself and my journey. I started on 11 March and in total I’ve lost 16.5lbs in 7 weeks. A 2.3lb average loss a week. My BMI has gone from 36.7 to 33.4. My clothes fit better. I got those jeans on. I’m almost at the next weight bracket - haven’t seen that in over two years.

And lastly, I feel better in myself because I’m eating healthier and it’s showing on the outside.

When I view things in that context, I’m like ‘you go girl! You did that!’

Sorry for going on but it’s so easy to get caught up in someone else’s journey and progress. We are all doing so well and all have different starting positions and more 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've just moved up to 2.4 wegovy and I'm cold and tired and headachy, the early effects like nausea and heartburn are pretty much gone but the thing I'm gutted about is that the food noise is back. I loved the clear head of not worrying about food but now I'm craving stuff again and getting hungry, I've even had a couple of binges. I've stayed the same weight for the 2 weeks but I don't know, is this normal? will it kick in so to speak in a week or two?

Up to 5mg Mounjaro last night, only now getting hungry having woken up twice overnight and finally up to my alarm at 7:30
I was worried it wasn’t as effective as I ate so much last week when I was feeling a bit unwell

I've just moved up to 2.4 wegovy and I'm cold and tired and headachy, the early effects like nausea and heartburn are pretty much gone but the thing I'm gutted about is that the food noise is back. I loved the clear head of not worrying about food but now I'm craving stuff again and getting hungry, I've even had a couple of binges. I've stayed the same weight for the 2 weeks but I don't know, is this normal? will it kick in so to speak in a week or two?
Hi, can't answer your question but I started on 1.7mg last week and I was thinking my cravings are back and also I'm getting hungry again. Hopefully it'll settle down for us both again soon.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone experienced hair loss whilst taking Wegovy?
Yeah my hairs falling out similar to how it did when I was pregnant/post birth. Luckily my hairs very thick so it's not noticeable to others, but the regrowth is starting to look very wispy and annoying 🙈

I've been considering weightloss drugs and exploring options, Boots or Asda seem to be the most popular in the UK. I'm not great with needles, so my question is how easy is it to do the weekly injections?
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Honestly it is very very easy and pain free

I’ve just moved up to 2.4 too. How much have you lost altogether? I’ve just hit 2 stone but was hoping for more

Reactions: 1
I’m sure I’ve read on here before a lady who contacted Boots about this and I’ve read back and I can’t see it. Does anyone know when you’d be stopped from having the prescription for the jab? I’ve been on Sax/Wegovy now since May and have lost 50lb, BMI finally gone under 30. I’ve always had it through Boots so they have all my history. Just wondered how much longer I’d be able to get my prescription for and when they decide I’m no longer eligible?

Reactions: 2
I’ve just moved up to 2.4 too. How much have you lost altogether? I’ve just hit 2 stone but was hoping for more
Approaching 2 stone too! 1lb off. I'm actually ok with it tbh because I've been to the gym and built muscle which I know accounts for it being slower some weeks, and this way, no loose skin or anything. I also know that I could never have done even that without it.

Reactions: 2
If anyone listens to Podcasts great episode from Diary of a CEO (normally not that keen on him) but some of his guests are good and this interview is all about Ozempic from an expert on the matter Johann Hari. Don’t be put off by the title, he gives a very balanced argument for both sides and it was very interesting!

Reactions: 7
If anyone listens to Podcasts great episode from Diary of a CEO (normally not that keen on him) but some of his guests are good and this interview is all about Ozempic from an expert on the matter Johann Hari. Don’t be put off by the title, he gives a very balanced argument for both sides and it was very interesting!
That sounds interesting. I note he’s written a book about his 3 stone weight loss on Ozempic.
I would highly recommend The Docs Who Lift podcast. They discuss all the latest research, tackle and acknowledge head on any reported risks or side effects (especially stuff reported in the media who of course we all know are so unbiased and like to stir) with honesty and balance. Personally, I am headed for stroke, heart attack, diabetes if I don’t sort myself out so I’m willing to take MJ to help me get to a healthy weight and maybe I’ll always be on a maintenance dose, I just don’t know. My mum had all those things and I’ve become so depressed and honestly suicidal at the thought of my weight getting out of control that I must do something. I’ve lost just under 9 lbs in a month and I’m already feeling much better and I’m eating so well. No brainier for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hope you all don’t mind me being a little nosey. I’m really contemplating starting but want to get some more perspectives first. I’m a single mom so it’s an awful amount of money to spend 🙈

How old is everyone? I’m 29 and feeling like such a failure that I can’t do this on my mind - I keep blaming it on tiredness and my little boy keeping me up in the night so I just snack on chocolates etc and feel the need to eat them all the time, just rubbish excuses really that I just can’t shake
What brand injections are you using?
What was your starting weight and how much have you lost?

Sorry if it’s too much, haven’t read the previous threads but currently half way through this one - well done to all of you who are doing so amazing, you’re really inspiring me!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hope you all don’t mind me being a little nosey. I’m really contemplating starting but want to get some more perspectives first. I’m a single mom so it’s an awful amount of money to spend 🙈

How old is everyone? I’m 29 and feeling like such a failure that I can’t do this on my mind - I keep blaming it on tiredness and my little boy keeping me up in the night so I just snack on chocolates etc and feel the need to eat them all the time, just rubbish excuses really that I just can’t shake
What brand injections are you using?
What was your starting weight and how much have you lost?

Sorry if it’s too much, haven’t read the previous threads but currently half way through this one - well done to all of you who are doing so amazing, you’re really inspiring me!
I'm 31 and I started Feb 16th 2024.

Starting weight- 12 stone 3lbs
Current weight- 8 stone 4lbs

I use wegovy (currently on week 2 of 1mg) which I order from chemist4u. It's £169 every 4 weeks but I've had a few 10% discounts so got it slightly cheaper a couple of times.

I'm eating a protein heavy diet with little and often through the day and I go to the gym 5x a week for cardio and 3x a week for weight training.

I also have a 6 year old little girl if that helps. I'll be stopping after this current pen but I've made huge changes to my diet and exercise and have anticipated gaining some weight back when I stop (I've gone under my t
---
I'm 31 (5ft3inches) and I started Feb 16th 2024.

Starting weight- 12 stone 3lbs
Current weight- 8 stone 4lbs

I use wegovy (currently on week 2 of 1mg) which I order from chemist4u. It's £169 every 4 weeks but I've had a few 10% discounts so got it slightly cheaper a couple of times.

I'm eating a protein heavy diet with little and often through the day and I go to the gym 5x a week for cardio and 3x a week for weight training.

I also have a 6 year old little girl if that helps. I'll be stopping after this current pen but I've made huge changes to my diet and exercise and have anticipated gaining some weight back when I stop (I've gone under my target of 9 stone so I'm OK with this). Gone from a size 14-16 who hadn't stepped in a gym since 2017 to being active and I feel like a new person. When I took my first 1mg dose I had a bit of a bad week but I reduced down to 0.5mg for a week again and since taking the 1mg I feel absolutely fine now - just cold all the time 🙈

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.