Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a tit week so have had a Chinese and 2 glasses of wine tonight 😐 dreading weigh in tomorrow!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Finding I’m getting hungrier now (moving up to 1mg today which should sort this) but then I wake in the middle of the night with the worst stomach ache because I’ve clearly eaten too much and struggling to digest. Need to try and remember this happens and not snack so much 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Really happy. Completed 1st week on Mounjaro, a paper from feeling cold, no real negative side effects, and I've lost 5lbs, 1" from my chest and 2" from both my waist and hips.
Second injection done ✅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have just moved up to 5mg of Mounjaro, the only side effects I noticed was a bit burpy and felt more cold. Hopefully won't get anymore side effects by moving up a dose 🤞🏼

Reactions: 7
I did my second injection of 5mg MJ on Thursday and no real side effects but I’m definitely feeling the cold more. I thought it was the change in weather but after seeing it in a few comments, I think it’s probably a side effect. Still really impressed with it, weighed myself today and I’m 9lb down in 10 days.

Reactions: 8
Is anyone else getting loads of messages from juniper after leaving for another company recently. I’m like Jesus they must be feeling the loss of customers after we all jumped ship. Have to say I’m happy with Asda. Definitely still feeling the effects on top dose but wish it went a little bit higher.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone else getting loads of messages from juniper after leaving for another company recently. I’m like Jesus they must be feeling the loss of customers after we all jumped ship. Have to say I’m happy with Asda. Definitely still feeling the effects on top dose but wish it went a little bit higher.
Yes I’ve had a couple of texts

I've been considering weightloss drugs and exploring options, Boots or Asda seem to be the most popular in the UK. I'm not great with needles, so my question is how easy is it to do the weekly injections?

anybody getting constant headaches on wegovy? i’ve never gone through my migraine tablets so fast. not sure if it’s due to low calorie intake or not drinking enough but wow this is miserable

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've been considering weightloss drugs and exploring options, Boots or Asda seem to be the most popular in the UK. I'm not great with needles, so my question is how easy is it to do the weekly injections?
Really easy. The needle is small and you don’t even feel it. I was worried the first time but it was fine and nothing to worry about at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's honestly fine...

Slight pinch when you insert it but once it's in you don't feel anything. Sometimes if my wegovy is really cold I feel the cold liquid but generally I don't feel a thing.

• Heart
Yes - and it’s made me revisit the whole decision whether to go back on it … I did 0.5 and didn’t see much difference with My Juniper and then stopped. I want to try again as I’ve been miserable for so long with my weight and possibly didn’t give it long enough but worry that I will need to stay on it for life. I’ve done loads of reading up and everything says if you stop the injections you’re likely to put 2/3 of the weight back on in a year and perhaps more.i had a chat with my GP and she said that nearly everyone who stops them will put all weight list and at least 10% on within 3 years 😫 It’s just so discouraging. Does anyone believe that taking the injections and seeing a result is enough to change mindset and habits? Otherwise an enormous waste of money. I was also worried about the cancer risk but figure the risks of being obese are as bad or worse! Decisions decisions …

• Heart
Finding I’m getting hungrier now (moving up to 1mg today which should sort this) but then I wake in the middle of the night with the worst stomach ache because I’ve clearly eaten too much and struggling to digest. Need to try and remember this happens and not snack so much 😂
Ignore this advice if it's not relevant but I find I sleep better (and am less disturbed in the night by my slow digestion) if I make sure to finish eating well before bedtime. So I aim to have finished dinner 4 hours before bed (I eat early, around 6pm, which helps!).
Yes! Very annoying. I have had to unsubscribe from their texts and emails. I'm with Boots and similarly very happy with the service.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I started mounjaro on Tues my skin has gone to tit, I've woken up with spots and blotchy skin.. Anyone else?

I'm with Boots, and happy with them so far. Slight issue when I picked up my first pen and they forgot to give me any needles (apparently the pens used to have needles built in) but that was quickly resolved. I tried Juniper initially but they wouldn't prescribe as I have a gallstone - Boots were ok with it.

Agree with everyone else that the injections are absolutely nothing to worry about - I was a bit apprehensive too, but I genuinely don't feel a thing when I inject. Just make sure you take your time and read through the instructions carefully the first time.

• Heart
Week 3 on MJ and I'm managing about 1000 cals a day (feels insane to write managing such a small amount). I've just noticed I'm starting to feel so fatigued, I've spent the weekend napping.
I've been so much happier and feel so content in myself - I'm hoping if I start upping the protein this will resolve itself (veggie and a picky eater so I find upping protein very difficult).
Any other tips for fatigue?

I started mounjaro on Tues my skin has gone to tit, I've woken up with spots and blotchy skin.. Anyone else?
I started the same day and if anything my skin is slightly better. Could your period be coming?

Day 5 guys and I felt sooooo good. Noticed that ive not felt as in control or full after eating today.
When I came out of the gym I ended up stopping for fuel and caved into food noise. I ended up demolishing a full box of fingers before I got home. Trying to not let this little binge get me down but I think this means on week 5 I really need to be on 5mg. I did feel a little full whilst I was binging but not enough to stop me in my tracks like previous days! Tell me I'm not the only one who has had one of these little hiccups!

I inject into my thigh straight from the fridge and don’t feel a thing. Like others have said, I was apprehensive at first but once you’ve got your first shot out the way, you’ll be fine. It’s one of those moments when you’re feeling anxious and then like ‘was that it?’ 🤣
Good luck! Keep us all posted if you decide to start your journey

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I started the same day and if anything my skin is slightly better. Could your period be coming?

Day 5 guys and I felt sooooo good. Noticed that ive not felt as in control or full after eating today.
When I came out of the gym I ended up stopping for fuel and caved into food noise. I ended up demolishing a full box of fingers before I got home. Trying to not let this little binge get me down but I think this means on week 5 I really need to be on 5mg. I did feel a little full whilst I was binging but not enough to stop me in my tracks like previous days! Tell me I'm not the only one who has had one of these little hiccups!
No, I'm peri menopausal, I haven't had a period since December.. My skins usually bang on. So this blotchy business is a bit odd.
But I'll power on. I'll sort the rubbish skin out when I'm slim. 😂

I inject into my thigh straight from the fridge and don’t feel a thing. Like others have said, I was apprehensive at first but once you’ve got your first shot out the way, you’ll be fine. It’s one of those moments when you’re feeling anxious and then like ‘was that it?’ 🤣
Good luck! Keep us all posted if you decide to start your journey
Thank you! I've previously done an at home blood test with Thriva and that was difficult but I definitely remember the "was that it?" feeling :ROFLMAO: