Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone! Good morning. I’m a newbie here and this is my first venture into the world of weight loss drugs. I was only recently told I meet the NHS criteria for Ozempic and I’ve started doing my research. In the meantime, I’ve been losing weight doing my own sort of diet plan. I’ve failed on SlimmingWorld and weight watchers too many times and I’m not giving them another penny of my money. I’ve lost 18lbs since January but it’s slow!!
Are you in the UK?

I’m on week 3 day 5 of MJ 2.5. Until yesterday the only side effects were some reflux and sulphur burps. But since yesterday, omg the diarrhoea 🫣😩 it’s been constant. I am taking Imodium as otherwise I don’t think I’d have been able to leave the house. I’ve just received the 5ml pen today too but wish I’d waited a couple more days before ordering to see if the diarrhoea eases off. I dread to think what it will be like on the higher dose.

I’m on week 3 day 5 of MJ 2.5. Until yesterday the only side effects were some reflux and sulphur burps. But since yesterday, omg the diarrhoea 🫣😩 it’s been constant. I am taking Imodium as otherwise I don’t think I’d have been able to leave the house. I’ve just received the 5ml pen today too but wish I’d waited a couple more days before ordering to see if the diarrhoea eases off. I dread to think what it will be like on the higher dose.
Oh no!! I hope it eases off soon for you! The diarrhoea is awful isn’t it, I had the embarrassing moment of being out on a walk with a friend from work. Luckily there was a pub nearby otherwise I would have shat my pants. Thank the Lord she didn’t need to use the loo either - double the embarrassment 😭🤪

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Does anyone else get ridiculously itchy?

Injected my second 1mg wegovy dose at 7pm tonight. By 9pm I've wanted to claw my legs off. Absolutely unbearable itching which I've just taken a prescription antihistamine for. I also feel a bit agitated but I'm generally quite anxious and feeling weird isn't helping.

My breathing is fine, lips and tongue feel fine. So I don't think I'm having a worrying reaction. On week eleven and it's never happened before so just curious if this is common. Thanks everyone 💛

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else get ridiculously itchy?

Injected my second 1mg wegovy dose at 7pm tonight. By 9pm I've wanted to claw my legs off. Absolutely unbearable itching which I've just taken a prescription antihistamine for. I also feel a bit agitated but I'm generally quite anxious and feeling weird isn't helping.

My breathing is fine, lips and tongue feel fine. So I don't think I'm having a worrying reaction. On week eleven and it's never happened before so just curious if this is common. Thanks everyone 💛
Im slightly itchier, like in the shower I’ll find my back needs more of a scrub it used to as it feels a bit itchy but nothing too major
---
But I’m only on 0.5 at the mo! I’ll let you know next week when I go to 1 if it gets worse

I've been having a lot of nausea recently but over the last week I've tried something new. I'd bought my daughter some travel sickness patches for an upcoming school trip, and decided to try one out randomly. It's really helped! Got mine off Amazon the MQ motion sickness patches. Hope this helps someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had my first bacon sandwich in 7.5 weeks! My nephew stayed over last night and he loves a bacon sarnie on a Saturday morning. I normally have eggs with salmon or chicken low cal sausages. This week I thought nah sod, have the bacon bagel (not even a bagel thin either) and I really really REALLY enjoyed it. The best part is I feel satisfied after ONE!! Before MJ, I’d go back for a second and sometimes a third, demolishing the entire pack.
And another little win, I keep catching glimpses of myself in the mirror, my head feels like it has shrunk. I took a selfie and compared it to my photos in SA (two months ago) and can see a huge difference. My face is a lot slimmer, my jaw line is on the way back. Bye bye double chin!!! 🤪🙌🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m still around week 3 of 1mg wegovy and need to make some decisions. My weight loss has been insignificant maybe 3lbs since January.
I’ve skipped one injection this week as i’ve got social events (engagement party, 2 friends biirthdays etc) and didnt want to feel on edge re stomach issues.
But I’ve noticed how my energy has picked up as the week has progressed and I’m wanting to go for walks and the gym. I’m assuming it has been wegovy that has been effecting my energy and making me as lazy as anything.

I’m due to order a new pen.
1. Do i stick with Wegovy for another month at 1mg as it took me do long to get to this level and its still too early to say it isnt working for me
2. Switch to mounjoro to see if that is better. Will it make me feel less tired?

Does the tiredness get better with wegovy?

I’m 3-4 stone overweight but would be happy just to lose 2 stone, or 1 stone or anything!!!!!
I’ve seen quite a few posts saying wegovy can effect your energy levels and when some people moved to munjaro they noticed a very big difference with the energy levels increasing.
The last 2 weeks I have been extremely fatigued and I just want to sleep all the time. I struggle to sleep at nighttime so by time I do eventually go to sleep I wake up absolutely exhausted. It’s an awful pattern! I’ve been on wegovy since the start of the year and I’ve been on 1mg for 5 weeks so far. I’m considering switching to Munjaro to be honest as I don’t want to waste my life napping during the day

Reactions: 2
4 days in I haven't lost any weight but it's bliss not feeling hungry or having food noise.

We went out for breakfast this morning and usually I would order the full breakfast and maybe add on some hash browns. This morning I ordered the children's breakfast (one sausage, small amount of beans & scrambled egg and slice of toast) as I knew I wouldn't be able to eat the normal size one - and even then I left half the slice of toast!

It's very odd getting your head round not ordering your normal amounts of food etc!

(Just for background - I'm on Mounjaro and have completed 4 jabs of 2.5 and 2 of 5.0 and lost around 18lbs (tbc on Monday morning when I officialy weigh in!))

Reactions: 9
We went out for breakfast this morning and usually I would order the full breakfast and maybe add on some hash browns. This morning I ordered the children's breakfast (one sausage, small amount of beans & scrambled egg and slice of toast) as I knew I wouldn't be able to eat the normal size one - and even then I left half the slice of toast!

It's very odd getting your head round not ordering your normal amounts of food etc!

(Just for background - I'm on Mounjaro and have completed 4 jabs of 2.5 and 2 of 5.0 and lost around 18lbs (tbc on Monday morning when I officialy weigh in!))
I agree , it’s difficult to eye ball what you can actually eat if you are a plate clearer like myself lol! It’s took a good few months for me to do it but I do sometimes load my plate up and like ahh can’t eat half this 🤣

I agree , it’s difficult to eye ball what you can actually eat if you are a plate clearer like myself lol! It’s took a good few months for me to do it but I do sometimes load my plate up and like ahh can’t eat half this 🤣
It's weird isn't it? Like you, I've always been a plate clearer as well - it's quite a revelation to leave things and think 'this is what normal people do!' 😆

I have had the same experience, and to be honest I still feel a bit of guilt leaving food on my plate! But it's either that or make myself ill from over-eating. I think the medication has really helped me recalibrate my brain and understanding of moderation, portions, when I feel full, what hunger cues are etc.

Reactions: 2
Every time I eat out I feel so bad leaving food on my plate 🙈

My husband always looks at me like I'm mad but I can't physically eat any more. He'll say you've barely eaten...yes I know that thanks 😂 there's been times it's tasted unreal and I want to eat the lot but I just physically can't eat another bite. That said I usually take a doggy bag and it lasts me another meal 👀

Reactions: 4
Every time I eat out I feel so bad leaving food on my plate 🙈

My husband always looks at me like I'm mad but I can't physically eat any more. He'll say you've barely eaten...yes I know that thanks 😂 there's been times it's tasted unreal and I want to eat the lot but I just physically can't eat another bite. That said I usually take a doggy bag and it lasts me another meal 👀
I’ve taken a lot of doggy bags in the last year 🤣

• Haha
I placed my first order with Pharmacy Planet on Wednesday and still waiting for it to be approved… now I’ve made the decision I just want to start.

• Heart
Looking for advice from Saxenda users. I reached the highest dose 3mg 5 weeks ago. I feel like I'm way hungrier now than when I was on the lower doses. Not really getting the side effects as I once was in the first 6 weeks which is great but I've noticed I'm able to eat way more than I also had been in the first 6 weeks. I was half thinking of going on the 2nd last dose to see if this would help? Has anyone on Saxenda the same experience? My doctor said to keep going on the 3mg dose.

The food noise is nowhere near what it was before I started but it's definitely returning. I've lost 16 pounds since January and have just maintained now the last 5 weeks.
saxenda stopped working for me. I took a break, gained a bit but not much and then went on ozempic and was best thing ever for me. Was also nice not injecting daily

Think I need to move up to 5 mg. I decided to stay on 2.5mg for another month but the food noise and appetite are back with a vengeance after my 6th jab!

Reactions: 1
saxenda stopped working for me. I took a break, gained a bit but not much and then went on ozempic and was best thing ever for me. Was also nice not injecting daily
Had you any loss with it? If you don't mind me asking how did you realise it stopped working and how long did it take to realise it? Thanks.

Week 4 of MJ and finally for the first time since starting felt full significantly earlier in the meal than I expected (like I used to on Wegovy). Fingers crossed this is the start of it working for me because my weight still hasn’t shifted since jan.