Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ob
I'm not on any injections but read here often as it is very tempting to start!

I have lost just under 4 stone in 2 years by going to PT and the gym. However Aug 23, I put a stone back on that I had lost in July and plateaued there until the start of April 24. So looking for something that can maybe help me lose quicker than my current rate.

But the point of my comment was for anyone who isn't keen on normal protein shakes. Look into clear whey protein. You can get this from the likes of MyProtein or Protein Works. It is mixed with water but it ends up like squash rather than a watery milkshake. I think it's 20g of protein per drink 😊
Obesity is funny like that. I have lost weight successfully in the past. The battle is maintenance as my body was always wanting to be bigger, wanting more of the wrong type of food. I did everything in the past some of it good some of it borderline ed territory. I have joined every weight club and done every vlcd. I am on Oz 2 years. I lost 4 stone over the course of the first 15months or so and am holding steady since. I was a slow looser but consistent and that was something menopause seemed determined to stop so you have nothing to loose by trying it.

Reactions: 7
But the point of my comment was for anyone who isn't keen on normal protein shakes. Look into clear whey protein. You can get this from the likes of MyProtein or Protein Works. It is mixed with water but it ends up like squash rather than a watery milkshake. I think it's 20g of protein per drink 😊
Oh thank you! I will check that out as I’m not a massive fan of protein drinks. And physically eating more protein is harder when you don’t have an appetite.

Reactions: 2
So weighed today just before my second jab! I’ve lost just over 6lb 😍 actually overjoyed! I’m not gonna lie I don’t know where from as I look exactly the same 😂

Really happy though as when I first took Ozempic, I put 1lb on in my first week and then lost 2lb.

I’m guessing the weight loss will slow down now but if I can get another 4 or 5lb by the time I finish the pen I’ll be so happy.

How is everyone else getting on?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 2 months on Wegovy and lost 7lb which I guess is good as slow and steady is best. Bit frustrating as I have 5 stone to lose so thought it would fly off at the start. Going up to 1mg on Sunday and I’m scared!

Best side effect so far is I don’t drink as much alcohol anymore. Just don’t fancy it and I was a bit of a binge drinker so I’m pleased

Reactions: 7
I’m 2 months on Wegovy and lost 7lb which I guess is good as slow and steady is best. Bit frustrating as I have 5 stone to lose so thought it would fly off at the start. Going up to 1mg on Sunday and I’m scared!

Best side effect so far is I don’t drink as much alcohol anymore. Just don’t fancy it and I was a bit of a binge drinker so I’m pleased
I was the same with Ozempic, could have more the 3 drinks.

7lb is really good! I was slow and steady with ozempic too. You’ll definitely lose the 5 stone. X

• Heart
I posted earlier about hitting a plateau for about 3 months, but I’ve started losing again this week. Not much, but it’s something, and I’m quite happy with it. My clothes feel looser and I seem to have more energy so I’m going to stick with it for now. I’ve always been a slow loser anyway and if I can at least get back to my pre lockdown weight which is another stone, I’ll be happy. I’m getting a little food noise coming back, in that I’ll think ‘god, I could really eat x food’ but when I have it, I can only eat a bit then I feel sick and don’t want to touch it again, which is good I guess.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Day 2 of my MJ journey today. After a horrific night of feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. I felt frozen, had a banging headache, heartburn and i was quite sick. I actually drove to work wondering how people were possibly surviving on 5mg!

Today I've felt great though. I even took myself for a workout which I'd never planned on doing. Still having some food noise though which concerns me but it's majorly reduced from a few days ago! Is it normal to still have the noise on 2.5mg?

Day 2 of my MJ journey today. After a horrific night of feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. I felt frozen, had a banging headache, heartburn and i was quite sick. I actually drove to work wondering how people were possibly surviving on 5mg!

Today I've felt great though. I even took myself for a workout which I'd never planned on doing. Still having some food noise though which concerns me but it's majorly reduced from a few days ago! Is it normal to still have the noise on 2.5mg?
I’m on 2.5 also and I’ve still got good noise. I’ve just drank a load of water and it does kind of settle a bit.
Thought I wouldnt have any food noise either!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello, I’m just doing some research as I’m struggling to lose weight despite changing diet and walking 10km a day and going to the gym.. I went to the gp and they were painfully unhelpful, just recommended I buy weight loss meds online!! I don’t even know where to begin to be honest so just wondered if anyone had any advice?

Reactions: 1
I posted earlier about hitting a plateau for about 3 months, but I’ve started losing again this week. Not much, but it’s something, and I’m quite happy with it. My clothes feel looser and I seem to have more energy so I’m going to stick with it for now. I’ve always been a slow loser anyway and if I can at least get back to my pre lockdown weight which is another stone, I’ll be happy. I’m getting a little food noise coming back, in that I’ll think ‘god, I could really eat x food’ but when I have it, I can only eat a bit then I feel sick and don’t want to touch it again, which is good I guess.
Thats really good to hear - what changed, do you think? Did you go up to a higher dose, or start tracking everything more? Or was it just magic? (I’m hoping for some magic soon).

• Haha
Thats really good to hear - what changed, do you think? Did you go up to a higher dose, or start tracking everything more? Or was it just magic? (I’m hoping for some magic soon).
I honestly don’t know! I moved up the recommended dose every month and I’m on 1.7 now but I honestly don’t think I’m eating any differently to the last few months. I was pissed off months 2-3 because i literally couldn’t eat any less than I already was so it must be down to magic.

• Heart
Hello, I’m just doing some research as I’m struggling to lose weight despite changing diet and walking 10km a day and going to the gym.. I went to the gp and they were painfully unhelpful, just recommended I buy weight loss meds online!! I don’t even know where to begin to be honest so just wondered if anyone had any advice?
I was exactly where you were this time last week. I spent almost a year waiting on a referral for weight loss services and I was doing everything I should be but seeing minimal results from my efforts. I watched some videos of people's Mounjaro or Wegovy/Ozempic journeys online and headed to this thread.. If you read through you'll learn a lot quite quickly!

It's sad that we can't even get the support from our doctors that we need.

I’m still around week 3 of 1mg wegovy and need to make some decisions. My weight loss has been insignificant maybe 3lbs since January.
I’ve skipped one injection this week as i’ve got social events (engagement party, 2 friends biirthdays etc) and didnt want to feel on edge re stomach issues.
But I’ve noticed how my energy has picked up as the week has progressed and I’m wanting to go for walks and the gym. I’m assuming it has been wegovy that has been effecting my energy and making me as lazy as anything.

I’m due to order a new pen.
1. Do i stick with Wegovy for another month at 1mg as it took me do long to get to this level and its still too early to say it isnt working for me
2. Switch to mounjoro to see if that is better. Will it make me feel less tired?

Does the tiredness get better with wegovy?

I’m 3-4 stone overweight but would be happy just to lose 2 stone, or 1 stone or anything!!!!!

I’m still around week 3 of 1mg wegovy and need to make some decisions. My weight loss has been insignificant maybe 3lbs since January.
I’ve skipped one injection this week as i’ve got social events (engagement party, 2 friends biirthdays etc) and didnt want to feel on edge re stomach issues.
But I’ve noticed how my energy has picked up as the week has progressed and I’m wanting to go for walks and the gym. I’m assuming it has been wegovy that has been effecting my energy and making me as lazy as anything.

I’m due to order a new pen.
1. Do i stick with Wegovy for another month at 1mg as it took me do long to get to this level and its still too early to say it isnt working for me
2. Switch to mounjoro to see if that is better. Will it make me feel less tired?

Does the tiredness get better with wegovy?

I’m 3-4 stone overweight but would be happy just to lose 2 stone, or 1 stone or anything!!!!!
No experience of Wegovy, so I can't say what you should do, but I haven't had any tiredness with MJ. In fact, I've been more motivated to get out and exercise since I've been taking it, though I'm pretty sure that's just a psychological effect, if that makes sense?

Last edited:

Same, it’s probably the best thing about wegovy for me, used to have no off switch and now I do. I have a lot to lose and had hopes for faster losses, but slow and steady wins the race, and means less loose skins I guess.

• Heart
Looking for advice on whether I should increase my Mounjaro dose or stay at 2.5.

I'm due to inject my third dose of MJ tomorrow, at which point I can order my next pen. Really don't know whether to stay at this dose or move up.

I've had few side effects, all very manageable. Positive effects great as well, but I do notice them tailing off at the end of the week - and I think I've noticed that more on my second week than the first. If I could have the effect I'm getting in the first half of the week to last, I don't think I'd need to increase dose.....but I'm a bit worried about committing to another 6 weeks at 2.5 tomorrow, after I've only been taking it for 2 weeks. I guess that's quite a long time for my body to get used to it so it stops being so effective. I don't want to be wishing I'd gone up a dose 3 weeks from now, but equally I'm worried about the side effects suddenly hitting me if I do go up.

Any thoughts anyone? Has anyone stayed on the lowest dose of MJ for a second month?

Any thoughts anyone? Has anyone stayed on the lowest dose of MJ for a second month?
I stayed on the lowest dose of MJ for the second month. I’m seven weeks in and have three more shots in my second pen to take. I injected the 5th dose and plan to again from the second pen.
I don’t have any regrets, I’ve had a few negative side effects such as some constipation and then diarrhoea, 4-5 days out of the 7 week period. But my appetite suppressant is still great and I still feel fuller for longer after eating.
I think the advice given if you feel like the effects are wearing off before the next shot is to eat a lot more protein and fats. It will keep you fuller in the lead up to your next shot.
If the next two weeks go the same, I will buy the 2.5mg pen for another 5 weeks. I’m happy with the losses I’ve made on this dose and long may it continue 🤗

• Heart
I stayed on the lowest dose of MJ for the second month. I’m seven weeks in and have three more shots in my second pen to take. I injected the 5th dose and plan to again from the second pen.
I don’t have any regrets, I’ve had a few negative side effects such as some constipation and then diarrhoea, 4-5 days out of the 7 week period. But my appetite suppressant is still great and I still feel fuller for longer after eating.
I think the advice given if you feel like the effects are wearing off before the next shot is to eat a lot more protein and fats. It will keep you fuller in the lead up to your next shot.
If the next two weeks go the same, I will buy the 2.5mg pen for another 5 weeks. I’m happy with the losses I’ve made on this dose and long may it continue 🤗
That's really helpful - thanks very much 😊

Can i ask, has it made you feel fatigued or excessively tired?

In the first two weeks I felt tired but generally ok since then. I just feel ‘normal’ without the desire to order take away and eat tit all the time. I’ve still eaten out but felt able to make sensible choices and I’ve still enjoyed some wine at the weekends.
It must be working well because I’m under some stress at the moment and feeling very overwhelmed due to life lifinggg. I would usually be comfort eating to get me through it.
---
Although I will add, my mum usually feels tired on the second day after her injection as well as feeling achy. She started 1.5 weeks before me and is on 5mg.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4