Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took pictures and measurements.
I weigh and measure weekly but intend to take pictures monthly to see the progress.

Reactions: 2
Can I ask people how their mood has been on it? As food is my main interest and motivator in life - was just wondering if without it I will feel low?
Genuinely awful on Wegovy. I have never struggled with depression but I felt so so low on that. Mounjaro all good so far.

Hi all, new to the thread but finding it really informative, thank you!

I have a BMI of 39 so a lot to lose. I’m so close to pulling the trigger and ordering Mounjaro but I still have a couple of concerns.

- side effects. Has anyone found them debilitating?
- loose skin ?
- I really love food, cooking, baking etc. It’s a big part of who I am. Obviously I’d rather not be so obese, but I don’t actually want to lose my love and enjoyment of food. Will it disappear completely? Or will I still enjoy it but just in more sensible moderation?
- what is the current thinking about coming off it in the end? Are you almost guaranteed to put all the weight back on?

thanks so much in advance if anyone can help. Also, I’ve done lots of research but what are you all finding the best place to get MJ?

Reactions: 1
Hi all, new to the thread but finding it really informative, thank you!

I have a BMI of 39 so a lot to lose. I’m so close to pulling the trigger and ordering Mounjaro but I still have a couple of concerns.

- side effects. Has anyone found them debilitating?
- loose skin ?
- I really love food, cooking, baking etc. It’s a big part of who I am. Obviously I’d rather not be so obese, but I don’t actually want to lose my love and enjoyment of food. Will it disappear completely? Or will I still enjoy it but just in more sensible moderation?
- what is the current thinking about coming off it in the end? Are you almost guaranteed to put all the weight back on?

thanks so much in advance if anyone can help. Also, I’ve done lots of research but what are you all finding the best place to get MJ?
Hi there, my thoughts:

Loose skin will happen if you lose too fast and / or don’t exercise.

I’m still able to enjoy my food and don’t feel deprived at all. Definitely a case of enjoying it more in moderation. I don’t have that “disgusted with myself” feeling every day, I actually enjoy a little of something special but also I’ve been able to just ignore those foods which is amazing and a great feeling because these foods don’t serve me in getting towards my goal of being at a healthy weight.

Side effects, barely noticed them.

I made a decision that even if I went off my favourite foods and had some side effects I needed to do this for my future health. It’s a new way of life for me but I’m loving it so far.

Reactions: 6
Just had my MJ order approved with Simple Online Pharmacy - eeeee.

Has anyone started with BMI of 30?

I've been struggling with binge eating for years, and have gained over 2 stone in the last year alone so looking to kickstart my "journey" (lol) with MJ.

Any tips for a newbie? (I've obviously been reading these threads religiously!).

Reactions: 3
Just had my MJ order approved with Simple Online Pharmacy - eeeee.

Has anyone started with BMI of 30?

I've been struggling with binge eating for years, and have gained over 2 stone in the last year alone so looking to kickstart my "journey" (lol) with MJ.

Any tips for a newbie? (I've obviously been reading these threads religiously!).
I was about 31/32 and the biggest thing I’ve found is less snacking. I still feel a bit hungry so it doesn’t disappear completely for me. I also have to not get annoyed at my slower loss than others because I have less to lose in general and also hypothyroidism where my dosage is all over the place.
The biggest thing for me is I’m not constantly thinking about my next meal which is wild for me! I used to wake up thinking about what was for dinner.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m trying not to be too active on this thread as I’m trying just to ‘live’ and not focus too much on what this medication is doing for me in the hope that it all becomes habit so that when I eventually come off it, it won’t be too much of a shock to the system, but I had to share my end of week 5 results, after my first week on 5mg:

Week 1: -7lbs

Week 2: -1lb

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: -2lbs

Week 5: -5lbs

Total: 19lbs (Started at 227 and now 208 at 5ft 3)

No major side effects at all, other than being freezing and having an almighty bruise at the injection site 😂

I’m so pleased with it. The money I save from not being constantly in Tesco spending £30 a time massively outweighs the cost of this medication that’s for sure hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m finally seeing so results now I’m on 1mg Wegovy. Not needing to snack or drink wine every day 🙈 and after weeks of stalling the scale is going down again. I’ve lost 11lb in total and I’m thinking it’s better that way to lose it slow. I’ve started taking collagen every day in the hopes I won’t get ‘Ozempic face’ and going to get back to the gym next week. Hoping with both those things I won’t get acres of loose skin 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m trying not to be too active on this thread as I’m trying just to ‘live’ and not focus too much on what this medication is doing for me in the hope that it all becomes habit so that when I eventually come off it, it won’t be too much of a shock to the system, but I had to share my end of week 5 results, after my first week on 5mg:

Week 1: -7lbs

Week 2: -1lb

Week 3: -4lbs

Week 4: -2lbs

Week 5: -5lbs

Total: 19lbs (Started at 227 and now 208 at 5ft 3)

No major side effects at all, other than being freezing and having an almighty bruise at the injection site 😂

I’m so pleased with it. The money I save from not being constantly in Tesco spending £30 a time massively outweighs the cost of this medication that’s for sure hahaha
Well done, thanks for sharing.
I completely agree about cost outweighing spend on food. My food bill has gone down massively as we are stretching our meals to go further and I’m not eating loads of snacks. I’m not stressing about having a full fridge either cos I know I can go buy food up the road when we need it.

Well done, thanks for sharing.
I completely agree about cost outweighing spend on food. My food bill has gone down massively as we are stretching our meals to go further and I’m not eating loads of snacks. I’m not stressing about having a full fridge either cos I know I can go buy food up the road when we need it.
I am exactly the same! I also used to drink a lot more wine, that saves a tonne of money too. Now if I have any it’s just a glass - anything more than that gives me a headache. Since I wanted to cut down anyway, this is a dream 😂

• Heart
I am hoping to use this to really cut down on drinking. I have a G&T every night. I know it's not much compared to what some people drink but it has become a habit.

Reactions: 4
Final dose of 1st MJ pen last night awake since 4.30 with nausea and cramps again. Not sure I can do this over the longer term now it seems to be a trend for the first few days of every dose - so conflicted!

• Sad
I did loose the dopamine affect food had on me. I love a cadbury caramel and it was an almost drug like hit having one. Thats gone. Sometimes I miss it. Food is almost just fuel but I like been able to eat till I'm full not ready to explode and as others said the health affect is a huge gain.

I just don’t enjoy alcohol anymore since being on Wegovy . Had a cocktail few weeks ago and it just didn’t hit the spot like it used too . I agree on the lower food bills too . I am not buying any snacks or expensive food shops anymore . So the cost balances out for me . So happy to see you all doing well on this , cheering you all on ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Right folks. I'm official. First Mounjaro injection done. The needle really is tiny isn't it 😂😂

Reactions: 11
Afternoon all.

can I ask some questions please and obviously don’t answer if you don’t want.

1. how did you decide which medication?
2. is there any reputable research on what happens to peoples weight once they stop the injections? I’m scared I’ll pile it back on again.

Thank you 🙏 x

Afternoon all.

can I ask some questions please and obviously don’t answer if you don’t want.

1. how did you decide which medication?
2. is there any reputable research on what happens to peoples weight once they stop the injections? I’m scared I’ll pile it back on again.

Thank you 🙏 x
I looked at the success rate and how effective they were - Mounjaro was overall more effective so I just went for that one lol. Can’t complain so far!
Your pharmacist will help you when it comes to coming off but I plan to titrate back down the doses again once I’ve hit my goal and slowly come off it. The idea is that you learn better habits - as with any weight loss program; the key is educating yourself on how you put the weight on in the first place and making sure you don’t fall back in to the same cycles. Sadly it’s not a magic pen and there’s a lot of work to be done still 😂😂

I’ve decided to take the plunge and my first Mounjaro pen should be here tomorrow! Thinking about making Friday my shot day so I can rot in bed all weekend if I have any side affects 😂

Thanks to whoever linked to the diary of a ceo podcast on this with Johann Hari. He grated on me a bit in it and is a bit dramatic but it’s a very balanced view on this subject

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.