Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone has had symptoms after the first injection, do they reoccur week after week? Or once it’s in your system then you are fine until an increase in dose?

Reactions: 1
Thanks for the help yday, I ended up getting approved by rightangled. I went for Mounjaro as I read the side effects can be slightly better, although now I’ve actually ordered it I feel a bit scared 😩 especially after some of the horror stories in the media recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If anyone has had symptoms after the first injection, do they reoccur week after week? Or once it’s in your system then you are fine until an increase in dose?
for me it got easier after the first one, comes back a bit when I increase dose and every now and then I have a weird week like I'm super hungry or where I inject goes numb - it's really manageable though. I'm about 6 months in.

• Heart
feeling very sorry for myself today (and more then a bit stupid). I had a gap in supply so got my new Oz pen and fired away with a 1 mg dose. Obviously it was out of my system and I am very unwell today. Was wretching in kitchen trying to do breakfasts for kids. Headache and just feel rotten all day.

I half forgot how strong these drugs are and should have just taken a half dose. And the food noise I was experiencing dead as a do do.

Hello, I'm on week 3 of wegovy and I am struggling to eat. Worst side effect continues to be horrific heartburn at night but I'm taking medication plus gaviscon for that.

I have noticed the last few days though that I have a really heightened sense of smell and also smelling things that aren't here.

Does anyone else have this or is this completely unrelated?

I have just re-ordered and stayed on 2.5 but I immediately regret it. Has anyone stayed on 2.5 for a while and continued to lose weight?

Hi I am in Ireland , my Gp prescribed me ozempic , I had said on previous threads I was seeing him , but I didn’t fully understand him , I thought he was starting me on a higher dose , he wasn’t , I started on 0.25 last week, I have minimal side effects , maybe some intermittent nausea that I wondered was placebo ,
My Gp had no problem prescribing it for me , because my bmi is so high ,
I got my prescription filled in the north also no issues , but I think there is supply issues for 0.5 I rang a good few pharmacies in the north . Some had 0.5 in their fridges as such others none , but they said it changes daily

Hi I am in Ireland , my Gp prescribed me ozempic , I had said on previous threads I was seeing him , but I didn’t fully understand him , I thought he was starting me on a higher dose , he wasn’t , I started on 0.25 last week, I have minimal side effects , maybe some intermittent nausea that I wondered was placebo ,
My Gp had no problem prescribing it for me , because my bmi is so high ,
I got my prescription filled in the north also no issues , but I think there is supply issues for 0.5 I rang a good few pharmacies in the north . Some had 0.5 in their fridges as such others none , but they said it changes daily
you start on .25 and build up. There are extra doses in that pen so get some extra needles on amazon to get every bit out of the pen. Oz in Ireland is just a nightmare and as someone here points out now normal bmi users will be getting it for summer. I went 3 to 4 months last summer with no supply. Only problem is I am now a normal bmier after loosing weight but using for maintenance. I had a pharmacist question me why I used it, (not in a bitchy way but complimenting my figure now) and was astonished that Ive lost nearly 4 stone.

Hello, I'm on week 3 of wegovy and I am struggling to eat. Worst side effect continues to be horrific heartburn at night but I'm taking medication plus gaviscon for that.

I have noticed the last few days though that I have a really heightened sense of smell and also smelling things that aren't here.

Does anyone else have this or is this completely unrelated?
My heartburn is bad, try and lie on your left hand side, something to do with how your internal organs are aligned. Prop yourself up a bit too. I'm taking Rennies every night. It's my only real side effect and I'm week 3 too

I had my first shot of MJ yesterday afternoon. I've only had a slice of sourdough today and not even hungry. So not like me at all.
I weighed 85.7kg this morning so let's see how it goes....

Can I ask if anybody is still using saxenda? I used to buy it from boots last summer but they ran out and I haven’t had it since. I have heard from girls in my office that’s it’s still hard to get and it is being discontinued??? it agreed with me and I would like to start it again but don’t want to struggle to get it again on a long term basis 😔

• Sad
Weirdly, from what I can tell online lots of people have found that eating something can help with the nausea! Obviously nothing rich or heavy. But like, a boiled egg or a slice of toast etc. Shall have my fingers crossed you don't get any nausea though!
I've drank more water than I normally do and can't seem to shift the headache! Eating did help with the nausea though.

Can I ask if anybody is still using saxenda? I used to buy it from boots last summer but they ran out and I haven’t had it since. I have heard from girls in my office that’s it’s still hard to get and it is being discontinued??? it agreed with me and I would like to start it again but don’t want to struggle to get it again on a long term basis 😔
I was told it’s discontinued from my usual place as well

Looking for advice from Saxenda users. I reached the highest dose 3mg 5 weeks ago. I feel like I'm way hungrier now than when I was on the lower doses. Not really getting the side effects as I once was in the first 6 weeks which is great but I've noticed I'm able to eat way more than I also had been in the first 6 weeks. I was half thinking of going on the 2nd last dose to see if this would help? Has anyone on Saxenda the same experience? My doctor said to keep going on the 3mg dose.

The food noise is nowhere near what it was before I started but it's definitely returning. I've lost 16 pounds since January and have just maintained now the last 5 weeks.

4 weeks in and 11.5lb off. Not bad considering that included a week on holiday! Now time for 5mg

Reactions: 7
It's a killer isn't it? I've been doing the left hand sleeping position whilst rubbing my stomach as I'm a bad bowel veteran and know this is a great way of expelling gas. This has been the worst albeit it's subsiding a bit now, it's just the smell I have now. I posted on a FB forum and seems other have this too. Mad what it does for you but if it works, I'll take it!

My heartburn is bad, try and lie on your left hand side, something to do with how your internal organs are aligned. Prop yourself up a bit too. I'm taking Rennies every night. It's my only real side effect and I'm week 3 too

I also saw this thread on Reddit, may be useful to those on here too trying to hit/maximise their protein intake 🤗
I'm not on any injections but read here often as it is very tempting to start!

I have lost just under 4 stone in 2 years by going to PT and the gym. However Aug 23, I put a stone back on that I had lost in July and plateaued there until the start of April 24. So looking for something that can maybe help me lose quicker than my current rate.

But the point of my comment was for anyone who isn't keen on normal protein shakes. Look into clear whey protein. You can get this from the likes of MyProtein or Protein Works. It is mixed with water but it ends up like squash rather than a watery milkshake. I think it's 20g of protein per drink 😊

Reactions: 6