Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've ordered from them three times. One order was cancelled and they've been rubbish about refunding me the money. My first order was really quick but the second one I had to keep chasing them up. It did eventually arrive tho.
Oh god this doesn't fill me with much hope! Thanks for the reply

Reactions: 1
I took my first 0.25 ozempic yesterday felt fine today iv been ok a little bit I wouldn’t say dizzy but a bit woozy almost might just be my brain 😂 iv drank lots of water n not really felt hungry but have had a headache so we shall see ☺

Reactions: 2
Anyone else on saxenda get absolutely horrendous indigestion? I’ve got acid and burps all day, I woke up burping during the night 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think my only caution is mixing it up myself, and how trustworthy the source of the drug is? I feel like a US based IG account someone has reccomended here before (named Dana maybe?) did it this way. I
They have compounding pharmacies here which will make the medication for you. So if say you’re on a certain medication and can’t do pills, they can make a liquid form of it for you. I think that’s what they do with semaglutide m, they know the formula but it’s not trademarked (or something like that). I basically nagged some locals to death on my nextdoor app over here in Savannah as we don’t have anything like that in the UK.

They have compounding pharmacies here which will make the medication for you. So if say you’re on a certain medication and can’t do pills, they can make a liquid form of it for you. I think that’s what they do with semaglutide m, they know the formula but it’s not trademarked (or something like that). I basically nagged some locals to death on my nextdoor app over here in Savannah as we don’t have anything like that in the UK.
Ah yeah. I guess the issue here in the UK would be getting the prescription for Ozempic in the first place to take to a compounding pharmacy. Maybe once Wegovy is here and prescriptions for weightloss are more readily given?

(I get the impression online some of current sources to get the compounded form in the UK are not all reputable/legal, and that's a risk I'm not willing to take personally)

For the saxenda I’m paying €250 with no needles, with needles it’s €290
Ah yes, was 260 here today without needles and 290 with them. The poor pharmacist urged me to ring around just in case I could get it cheaper anywhere, I was like no worries, there is none anywhere :D

I’m in Ireland and got my first prescription for Saxenda. Dr told me that needed should be about €15 and if they charge more to buy on Amazon!
I got needles and pens for €272, and the needles accounted for €35 of that, but I took them anyway as I want to start in the morning but in future I’ll be buying the needles elsewhere. €237 for the 5x pens seems to be reasonable going by the above but I’ll shop around next time.

Week 5 on saxenda and just gone up to 1.8. Tried to slowly go up dosage wise, 6lb down but I feel like death today. Nausea and so tired.
where’s everyone getting their ozempic from I can’t find it anywhere so just stuck to saxenda

Yeah it's the first and last time I'll get them from the chemist. 237 is an awesome price for the 5 pens 😱
Although since it's in such short supply people will take anything they can get 😂

Yeah it's the first and last time I'll get them from the chemist. 237 is an awesome price for the 5 pens 😱
Although since it's in such short supply people will take anything they can get 😂
Yeah well the doctor who prescribed for me basically said that the letter that was sent by the medical council has had the effect of pushing people towards Saxenda becuase people feel like they can no longer prescribe Ozempic, so all the demand in Ireland is being routed towards Saxenda, which is in itself annoying.

I have finally shed a 2 lbs after the mother and father of all stalls.. 26% of body weight gone. Trying to get rid of my kangaroo pouch of a tummy. So back up to 1 mg. 52 lbs gone.

Anyone having bad sulphur burps peppermint oil capsules really helped me.

Was out for dinner on Sunday and my fish had sneaky garlic which absolutely killed me yesterday

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi all, hoping for some help/advice! I started Ozempic 0.5mg and used for a month - it suppressed my appetite and got rid of the “food noise” - it was great.

I stopped for a little while because I had an op and was scared to be taking anything (ever though surgeon said it was fine). I then moved straight onto 1mg and felt dreadful for the first week, so dreadful that I couldn’t face injecting myself again and stopped.

I thought because I’d had the break from it my body couldn’t handle it so I’ve now gone back down to 0.5mg and it’s done nothing this time around - hunger and binging are still the same. So I’m feeling pretty deflated….

Should I be taking 1mg? I’ve seen some people split the doses as to not be so overwhelmed with the side effects?
And any suggestions on beating the horrid nausea would be great!

Last summer while on hols after just going to `1 mg I split my dose so I wouldn't binge but could enjoy the break. Was great. and kept me on track

Hi all, hoping for some help/advice! I started Ozempic 0.5mg and used for a month - it suppressed my appetite and got rid of the “food noise” - it was great.

I stopped for a little while because I had an op and was scared to be taking anything (ever though surgeon said it was fine). I then moved straight onto 1mg and felt dreadful for the first week, so dreadful that I couldn’t face injecting myself again and stopped.

I thought because I’d had the break from it my body couldn’t handle it so I’ve now gone back down to 0.5mg and it’s done nothing this time around - hunger and binging are still the same. So I’m feeling pretty deflated….

Should I be taking 1mg? I’ve seen some people split the doses as to not be so overwhelmed with the side effects?
And any suggestions on beating the horrid nausea would be great!
I don't have experience with this for Ozempic but have been on a few psych meds in my time and normally after a break from them it's recommended you go back on them gradually (titrate) to avoid the side effects (and with psych meds also go off them slowly). I imagine this is why that post holiday 1mg was so unpleasant. I think probably I'd try another week of 0.5 to get your body used to the med again and then go up? Or maybe get in touch with whichever company you're ordering through and ask their advice?

Had my third of the 0.25 of Oz Sunday and my gosh I was so tired Monday. It's probably been my biggest side effect (which I am v thankful about!). Hoping 0.5mg next month won't be too bad... :oops:

Reactions: 4
With all these shortages has anyone thought about going on raw semaglutide? I’ve seen a few posts about it, yes it’s fiddly but it’s so much cheaper…
Me. Just took the plunge with it as getting a pen was becoming so much hassle.

I believe I have insulin resistance due to my bodyshape and inability to lose any weight through diet/ excercise.

3 weeks in on 0.25 with no real issues, bar some sickness feeling usually the day after injecting. Seem to be slowly losing on this rate too. My shape has definitely changed too - face slimmer, stomach more flat and less bloated too.

• Heart
Me. Just took the plunge with it as getting a pen was becoming so much hassle.

I believe I have insulin resistance due to my bodyshape and inability to lose any weight through diet/ excercise.

3 weeks in on 0.25 with no real issues, bar some sickness feeling usually the day after injecting. Seem to be slowly losing on this rate too. My shape has definitely changed too - face slimmer, stomach more flat and less bloated too.
Can I ask where from?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.