Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #4

What are you currently using for weight loss?

• Saxenda

Votes: 82 21.9%
  • Ozempic

Votes: 97 25.9%
  • Wegovy

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Nothing- I’m just nosing on the thread :)

Votes: 180 48.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On 1.8 Sax and I’m soooo hungry! I’m getting full quickly when I am eating but the cravings and hunger are definitely here. Anyone else?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
How long after injecting (Saxenda) would people say it takes to start curbing appetite ? Out of interest

Reactions: 1
I injected this morning at half 11 and felt full nearly immediately. I just ate at nAndos and ate half
Of what I could usually eat. Don’t know if it’s in my head? Or actually the saxenda.

Just asking as I took my first dose at 8am today and felt like it didn’t kick in till about 4pm I suddenly fell really full and can’t eat anything now and the nausea has kicked in 🤷🏻‍♀️

I've placed my first order for Saxenda today, collecting Wednesday 🤞🏻

This thread has been really helpful so far and I have been lurking for a few weeks so thank you everyone who has contributed!

Reactions: 7
I injected yesterday I was on Victoza before didn’t lose a thing. My appetite was suppressed most of the time but I feel slightly sick today. We had pizza tonight and I only managed 2 small slices - so strange

Reactions: 2
Are side effects so common? I'd love to get started on this but I really don't want to be feeling sick all day, every day.

Reactions: 5
I don’t really get any side effects on Ozempic.
Me neither. I am a little nauseous/dry mouthed (ADHD meds also cause that) and the second injection stung for a bit longer than the 1st.

The main side effect I get is the good one. I guess we're the lucky ones!

Are side effects so common? I'd love to get started on this but I really don't want to be feeling sick all day, every day.
First injection I had a headache. Following ones I’ve had nothing so I’m very lucky.
I inject in my thigh just after my tea x
---
6lb down in three weeks. I’m over the moon!!!

Reactions: 4
Not in my experience. I get tired about 48 hrs after a jab…like I could have a nap but it’s not so bad I can’t just grab a coffee and crack on!

On Saxenda I had days where I had side effects like sickness or feeling light headed. For a long time I had random sickness that would sometimes happen mid sentence. And I had a couple of awful weeks after a dose increase where i genuinely thought I’d never be headache free or stop vomiting again and I was really dizzy, but on the whole most days I had no side effects at all. They reduced massively when I started making sure I ate something regularly and drinking plenty of water. They never put me off or stopped me taking it and I wouldn’t hesitate to use it again. I’ve only stopped now because I stopped losing weight so I switched to Ozempic.

Ozempic is making me feel quite sick for the first 3-4 days after taking it but that’s all. I’ve been sick twice since taking it. I don’t really mind though, I find it reassuring to feel something to tell me it’s doing it’s thing.

Eeek I got my order from My Juniper yesterday! Planning on starting Tuesday so may have lots of questions! Apologies in advance! Is it best to inject AM or PM? Thigh or stomach? 😬

Has anyone experienced pins and needles in their hands and feet? Seems to be the only side effect I have so far two weeks in

Eeek I got my order from My Juniper yesterday! Planning on starting Tuesday so may have lots of questions! Apologies in advance! Is it best to inject AM or PM? Thigh or stomach? 😬
I don’t think it matters as long as you do the same time each week 😊 I have done both but prefer thigh as it didn’t sting as much as stomach.

Has anyone experienced pins and needles in their hands and feet? Seems to be the only side effect I have so far two weeks in
I haven’t had this side effect but if this is a recent thing (i.e. started when you started whatever injection you have been taking) I would strongly recommend seeing/speaking to your Gp

Hi guys. Just wondering is there a certain length of time you can take this for, can you take it for a month and then stop? It’s very interesting hearing all of your experiences
---
And also does anyone know how /if you can get this in Ireland online? My BMI is slightly too low so don’t want to go to a doctor

Last edited:
Does anyone get tiredness on the Saxenda ?
im always tired & even usually have a nap after work🫣 but since I’ve been on Sax I’ve not felt as tired & stopped the naps, might be due to the b12 supplement I’ve started taking but defo not a side effect I’ve had

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.