Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Daily Fail taking a very sniffy approach to Sharon Ozbourne using ozempic. At least she is being honest about it.
There's so many using it in showbiz, some very obviously, and some who shouldn't really be on it 😂
Daily Fail can get in the bin though

Reactions: 6
Manuel have now said because of low supplies they are charging £250 for ozempic 1mg pen

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sharon Osbourne looks terribly thin and unwell. She already had bariatric surgery in the past too

Reactions: 2
I saw Kelly Osbourne on the telly yesterday and it’s the first time I’ve noticed how like her mother she is.

Sharon has battled weight in the past though. Someone said to me I was gone terribly skinny . . . I'm still a 14! Person saying it to me is a size 8! I have direct experience in the past where family don't like me getting slim or feel threatened by it whch is demented. You'd think body wars stop when you are middle aged.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s common for others to go a bit funny when you start changing shape. I think the best plan is not to listen unless you are actually below a healthy weight for you.

My friend said I’ve completely changed but in a good/happy way. It’s more about confidence than appearance I think.
---
I’m doing more fun things and enjoying putting outfits together rather than hoping I don’t look too fat in whatever tent I pick out.

Reactions: 14
QQ for anyone on Saxenda - How long did it take for you to feel any different, and how long did it take to see improvement in the scales.

I injected my 2nd dose this morning (0.6mg) and will be at that dose for the next 5 days, and then moving to 1.2mg for a week, then 1.8mg for week 4, 2.4mg for week 4, and finally 3mg for 2 weeks, before going back to my doctor for a check in and blood tests.

I know I've barely started but obviously I'm very impatient and am really hoping this will work for me.

So far i maybe just feel a maybe a little burpy, but its so subtle that I could be imagining it because my mind wants me to think its working. Should I try to manage my expectations until I start to move to higher doses?

Also - are most people following a specific diet alongside the meds or are people seeing losses from just the meds alone?

Reactions: 1
3 months for me, but I was on Saxenda previously and pharmacy made me start on the low dose even though I’d been on the highest Sax dose.

Sharon has battled weight in the past though. Someone said to me I was gone terribly skinny . . . I'm still a 14! Person saying it to me is a size 8! I have direct experience in the past where family don't like me getting slim or feel threatened by it whch is demented. You'd think body wars stop when you are middle aged.
Yeah before covid I lost a lot of weight, about 4-5 stone, I was still technically overweight going by BMI (27.9), was in a s/m in penneys and a 12 or 14 sometimes on others. A lot of people said I looked great, but tired, and others gave me the usual "Don't be losing too much weight" tit...
Losing a lot of weight does weird stuff to the people around you sometimes. So with this only my Dr/Pharm, my husband, my sister and 1 friend who is abroad knows I'm doing this. I'm doing it for me, I'm doing it for my mental health, if anyone has anything negative to say, they can get in the bin.

QQ for anyone on Saxenda - How long did it take for you to feel any different, and how long did it take to see improvement in the scales.

I injected my 2nd dose this morning (0.6mg) and will be at that dose for the next 5 days, and then moving to 1.2mg for a week, then 1.8mg for week 4, 2.4mg for week 4, and finally 3mg for 2 weeks, before going back to my doctor for a check in and blood tests.

I know I've barely started but obviously I'm very impatient and am really hoping this will work for me.

So far i maybe just feel a maybe a little burpy, but its so subtle that I could be imagining it because my mind wants me to think its working. Should I try to manage my expectations until I start to move to higher doses?

Also - are most people following a specific diet alongside the meds or are people seeing losses from just the meds alone?
Hey I'm on day 3 now, either it's awesome placebo affects for me or it kicked off right off the bat. Anytime I eat I feel like I've had a 5 course meal, I've been drinking a crap load of water though, and I swear it's sloashing around my throat :D

Buuutttttttt anedataly I've heard there's usually 2 groups of people, those who feel the effects and side effects straight off, lose a lot of weight in the first month and then evens out, then another group who feel the effects as they ramp up.
Main thing to remember is there's a reason you ramp up, 3mg is the full dose, but it goes up slowly to ease in, each person will find a sweet spot. The way I look at it is I'm in a better place that I was 4 days ago, I'm on the road and I'll be as patient as I can ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She looks very much below her ideal weight now. As does Jessica Simpson. I think it’s far easier to tip from one end of disordered eating to another. We all need to be careful about how we view ourselves and what unattainable values we hold ourselves to. Healthy doesn’t mean not eating enough or properly. I am definitely going to stop if I start to look tired or drawn. Not everyone is being cruel they might be worried about you

I’ve had the same issue with comments but this is due to my body shape - which I always hated but is in ‘fashion’ now. I spent a lot of my youth hating having a pear/hour glass shaped body and being larger on the bottom only for it now to be in high fashion. I was always jealous of my very small framed friends with skinny legs as mine are larger. I would trust my family or friends to tell me if I was looking gaunt or drawn though and work out if I wasn’t eating enough and feeling run down and worn out.

Did the company ignore your requests for a refund then?

Sorry to derail everyone! Maybe let this be a warning to avoid Chemist Direct!
They sent me an email on the 5th June to say order cancelled but the money hasn't come back into my account!
---
Oh god I’m panicking now as I’ve ordered from chemis direct my last lot was from there and I got no problems so thought it would be ok! I ordered again last Friday and I’ve heard nothing back now. I’m worried as I run out soon and can’t afford to buy more now I’ve paid for that 😭😭
They have honoured one order of mine recently. It's just the cancelled order I seem to be having problems getting my money back. Keep emailing them is my advice.

I think it’s common for others to go a bit funny when you start changing shape. I think the best plan is not to listen unless you are actually below a healthy weight for you.

My friend said I’ve completely changed but in a good/happy way. It’s more about confidence than appearance I think.
---
I’m doing more fun things and enjoying putting outfits together rather than hoping I don’t look too fat in whatever tent I pick out.
I'm a good 10 stone size 14 still so hardly fading away!!

Reactions: 3
I’ve got the uk peptides one which is already mixed for you
Upped to 10ml which is apparently 0.5 but Jesus the nausea is horrendous

Really need some advice because of the shortages.

I did my last shot of Ozempic and now have no more!

I've still got a bunch of saxenda in my fridge - do you guys reckon it would be a catastrophe for me to go from 1mg Ozempic to 3mg Saxenda?

Or... will I tit myself 😬

I built up the dose gradually when I switched from Saxenda to Ozempic, but was pretty much completely stalled for 5 weeks weight loss wise while I did so.

I normally would take it in my stride, but my wedding is 10 weeks away and I still dont fit into my dress.

I've still got a bunch of saxenda in my fridge - do you guys reckon it would be a catastrophe for me to go from 1mg Ozempic to 3mg Saxenda?

I built up the dose gradually when I switched from Saxenda to Ozempic, but was pretty much completely stalled for 5 weeks weight loss wise while I did so.

I normally would take it in my stride, but my wedding is 10 weeks away and I still dont fit into my dress.
I think myBMI has stock of Ozempic, I ordered a few off there and when I’ve looked again to re-order it still shows as an option. It’s £249 which is more expensive than Quickmeds & HealthExpress, I’ve gone back to Sax as it just worked out slightly cheaper, will cover a few more days too & hoping because I’m a current customer with Boots I won’t have as much supply issues as I’ve been having getting hold of Oz.

Why don’t you call or message the pharmacy and see what they say?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.